LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    lol, good idea Nintendo. Assholes who steal games deserve this. the only people who should have modded Wiis are the ones who pay the equivelent to $100.00 for a game (forget what country that is) cause thats just rediculous!

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Yea its a great idea but wont work. They will just find a way around it or mod the game
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    7300-6469-2862-5349
    i say that this is fantastic! GO NINTENDO!!!

I've always had the mentality that if u want something u have to work for it. I own over 300 dvds and a shitload of nintendo games and they are all legit copies.

People that "steal" any kind of media - whether it be games, music or films, only hurt us honest people more because the companies that make and produce these things still need to make a profit and if they are losing money then the prices all go up on us.

I surely hope Mario Galaxy does have this blocker. And if someone does find a way around it then whatever, Nintendo will just create another one for Brawl and another one for the next big game to come out, and so on and so forth. It'll piss the pirates off more than anything - i'm pretty sure nintendo are smart enough to know they cant stop it completely. I am in total support of them.
    What i've got so far: Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Play, LoZ: TP, Marvel: UA, Rampage: Total Destruction, WSOP: ToC, Excite Truck, TMNT Wiimote x2, Nunchuck x2, Classic Controller, Fan/Neon Lights, Wiimote Charger, Skins - Blue, Black, Pink, Green, Component Cables, Trial Opera Browser & Classic Games: DK Country, SimCity, Super Mario Bros., Kid Icarus, Super Mario World, Street Figher II, Castlevania IV, Zelda: LttP

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by zurukea
    Then they probley wont have a problem. they will probley mod the rom data before they burn. Thoughts?
    It will still take a while until people have hacked the rom enough to be able to find out how to disable the protection.

Also remember, no modchip is currently able to play homebrew software, so modded roms may not work either.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    Anyone stupid enough to try to play legit software on a machine capable of playing burned discs deserves their Wii bricked. But then again, I highly doubt anyone with that little intelligence would know how to install a mod chip in the first place.

EDIT: You don't do anything to the game with a mod chip. All it does is bypass ROM data inside the Wii.
    Last edited by Budo; 10-29-2007 at 06:49 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo
    Anyone stupid enough to try to play legit software on a machine capable of playing burned discs deserves their Wii bricked. But then again, I highly doubt anyone with that little intelligence would know how to install a mod chip in the first place.

EDIT: You don't do anything to the game with a mod chip. All it does is bypass ROM data inside the Wii.
    I know how they work, I have modded many consoles.

At least Ninty arnt as vigilante as Microsoft when it comes to modding. Modded 360's can be detected over the internet and recieve a permenant ban (account and serial) from xbox live.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    if theres a will theres a way. but i hope nintendo really hits em hard, great idea

Member #
    Friends
    8523-4056-9641-3674
    Seems the game is now working on certain modded chips
    4 wiimotes, 4 nunchuks, 1 classic controller

msc code : 279279-586251
    EA code : maxpouliot

Member #
    Friends
    7557-9657-6774-9330
    Great work Nintendo!
    My Games:Wii Sports,Zelda Twilight Princess,Excite Truck,Mario Strikers Charged,Metroid Prime 3:Corruption ,Super Paper Mario,TMNT,Far Cry:Vengeance,Battalion Wars 2,Super Mario Galaxy,Links Crossbow Training,Ghost Squad.

My Accessories:Wii Console,Nintendo Wii HD Cables, 4Wiimotes, 4 Nunchuks, 3 Classic Remotes, 1GB SD Card,Wii Zapper.

Strikers FC:090301 439862

Battalion Wars 2 FC: 081 719 252 355

Member #
    Friends
    Old PS1 titles did this with modchip detection, which is why new modchips had to be made.

Even the SNES had games like this... later titles would refuse to boot if th elockout chip was disabled, necessitating installing a switch to turn it back on for those games. Then the lovely PAL/NTSC detection which would require another switch.

The Genesis, that was different. Sega was cheap and used the same hardware board for all regions, with a soldered trace over 2 jumpers, language, and TV signal. Cut the traces and install switches to complete the connection, and flip them for a region change.

I'm not in full support of region lockouts to begin with. I can understand PAL/NTSC hassles to a degree(though the factthe slim NES 2 will play Euro NES games is a good sign this is a non-issue as the TV output is handled by the console, not the game) but not language. Handheld systems lack these region lockouts completely.

Ads