Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: wii zapper !

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    On another forum I am the defender of the zapper

People are not all towards the idea complaining that it is an eye sore and doesnt improve game experience and it lowers accuracy.

I am the one who is there to fight for the zappers cause, and it looks like it is growing in popularity due to several top sites (IGN etc.) beginning to speak of the zapper improvement, of cause earlier reviews were quite bad but they are improving and showing more promise now.

I believe UC will be released around the 7th of december mark, I will have to check on that.
    The biggest complaint about the Zapper reviews is the trigger latency, however I am assuming that the Wii Zapper uses a spring loaded activator arm to convert a button into trigger-like movement (like the Brando cradle), therefore with a little ingenuity it's really a fairly easy fix.

The only other creditable response is the design, as switching from game to game should be a simple process, one that doesn't require "cable stuffing" first. Those who don't wish to deal with it have options such as 3rd party cradles. Personally what can you expect for $20 plus a game? Most the other gun cradle packages are already close to the Zapper's cost or more, and they don't come packed with a game.

Personally I think the Zapper encapsulates the sleek Wii design and has built a working gun simulation device that appears less like an offensive gun, so no eye sore orange was required.

"Real Men Wii Standing Up"

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisKhaos
    The biggest complaint about the Zapper reviews is the trigger latency, however I am assuming that the Wii Zapper uses a spring loaded activator arm to convert a button into trigger-like movement (like the Brando cradle), therefore with a little ingenuity it's really a fairly easy fix.

The only other creditable response is the design, as switching from game to game should be a simple process, one that doesn't require "cable stuffing" first. Those who don't wish to deal with it have options such as 3rd party cradles. Personally what can you expect for $20 plus a game? Most the other gun cradle packages are already close to the Zapper's cost or more, and they don't come packed with a game.

Personally I think the Zapper encapsulates the sleek Wii design and has built a working gun simulation device that appears less like an offensive gun, so no eye sore orange was required.
    Too True, the cradle design is really well worked in my opinion, it is a smooth and sleek peripheral to go with the image the wii has created for itself.

An interesting piece of news is that Europe will pay double for the zapper so no surprise there.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    kotaku states that in europe it hits 7th dec
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Ads