LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    this game was on my wish-list as well
    ================================================== ===================================

Currently Playing: Resident Evil 4

================================================== ===================================

My Wii Games:

Wii Play - CoD 3 - Godfather - Tiger Woods 07 & 08 - RE 4 - MoH Vanguard - Red Steel - Metroid Prime Corruption - Splinter Cell Double Agent - Far Cry Vengeance - Scareface -

Member #
    Friends
    I bought it last night while looking for GHIII, and I pretty much have to agree with you. If you turn the brightness WAAAY up at the beginning calibration screen, you can sort of see an arm here and there. The motions do match what you're doing on screen, but they're so blackened out by the ESRB filter, there may as well be nothing there at all. I am a huge fan of the first one, and this is a shadow of the original. I'm still going to play through it and beat it, but it could have been so much better.

In the end, they should have just shelved the game for a year to re-edit all the kill sequences so they were all less violent in general, and the filter wouldn't have been needed. Keep it on the level of what you see in other M rated games like Gears, etc.

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for posting up - sounds like you pushed my decision of Manhunt or the simpsons towards the simpsons side.

Member #
    Friends
    the 'ingame' trailers i saw turned me off, i might give it a rent but not happy about not being able to see whats going on when your doing the killing(sounds evil but its what MAKEs manhunt) I hope moh2 has some gore atleast..

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    wow that sucks, i was looking forward to this game....might still get it, just to see for myself.

Member #
    Friends
    It's been getting bad reviews from just about everyone.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Well this is wat IGN has given it

7.5 Presentation
    An atmospheric story with some interesting plot twists, but one of the title's main draws, executions, are less impactful than those in the original game.

7.5 Graphics
    Striking with its sense of realism as well as implied insanity, the visuals of Manhunt 2 are very well done. Stiff character animation and overused filters throughout, though. Camera can be annoying.

8.5 Sound
    Just like the first game, sound is excellently done and well balanced across the title.

7.5 Gameplay
    Sketchy AI, less menacing environments, toned down execution animations and easier gameplay elements weaken the overall formula of the franchise. New Wii remote kills add to the experience.

7.0 Lasting Appeal
    Even with the alternate ending, you may find yourself only playing through this title once and only once.

Good OVERALL
    (out of 10 / not an average)

Member #
    Friends
    Yea.

If you notice, the Presentation, Gameplay and Graphics category scores were all directly impacted by the censored kills. Besides the censored kills, the graphics engine in general, isn't the greatest. As it is now, with the censored kills and crappy engine, I would have given it a 6.5 or 7 in graphics. And if it had uncensored kills with the same engine, I would have given it a 7.5 or 8.

Ads