Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1635-5908-0301-7661

Zack & Wiki-Best Wii Game?

This game is a diamond in the rough. When it was first announced, I didn't pay much attention to it since it looks pretty childish, but my thoughts changed after I read the EGM review, which scored Zack and Wiki a 9/10. I decided to check it out, and WOW I was blown away by the pure fun and satisfaction of figuring out how to complete each stage.

For those that aren't familiar with Zack and Wiki, I'm guessing most of you, since there's almost no threads on the game, it's about a pirate and his sidekick flying golden monkey (reminds me of a flying pikachu) looking for a legendary treasure and a legendary pirate ship. Yep.. sounds kiddy. It's a puzzle adventure game where each stage has a treasure, and you have to figure out how to get to the treasure using the surrounding in the level.

For example, in one stage you shake a tree to make it drop a coconut, move a giant rock, drop the coconut down the hole, which hits a snake, and scares him into rushing out of the hole, this triggers something (forgot what exactly) to knock out the witch doctor who is brewing some soup, which allows you to pick up sleeping mushrooms and drop them in to the soup, bang the gong with the ladle which calls the other little tribe dudes, they all fall asleep after eating the soup, pick up a flute, play the right notes, go up and grab the treasure... WheW! Yeah this is actually how you solve one of the puzzles, you would have figured it out eventually anyway and there's many many more treasures to find. It's kind of hard to explain what this game is like. If someone could help I'd appreciate it.

I consider this the best single player wii game to date. Zelda was ok, paper mario was boring, and I didn't like metroid prime (yeah i know i'm the only one who didn't like it). Just thought I'd share with you all one outstanding game you might be missing out on. The controls are great and the game is just too fun.
    Currently Playing : Super Swing Golf 2, Nights: Journey of Dreams

Member #
    Friends
    0672-4527-4193-8812
    did you ever play pikmin for gc. is it similar. that game was among my favorite for gamecube.
    most recent purchase - tiger woods '08
    Other games - galaxy, sports, mp 8, zelda:TP, Boogie, game party, moh:h2
    Games I want - SSBB, scarface, kart, worms: a space oddity.
    VC games - mario 64, mario kart 64, tecmo bowl, shining force, plus internet browser, and the stupid @$$ mii contest one.

bwii fc is 322 237 531 304
    ea nation persona is bgreen82

Member #
    Friends
    1635-5908-0301-7661
    I've never played Pikmin, but I don't believe they are alike. I never heard Zack and Wiki compared to Pikmin, and as far as I know both of them are fairly unique games. I googled to find if people were comparing them and got pretty much nothing except this review of the game from some random gamer who explains the game better than i do...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    Currently Playing : Super Swing Golf 2, Nights: Journey of Dreams

Member #
    Friends
    best original wii game.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    I have to agree. I've been telling all my friends about it and they are all excited to get it now. I see a long future for that game. They really should emphasize more at best wii games

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bgreen82
    did you ever play pikmin for gc. is it similar. that game was among my favorite for gamecube.
    Are you joking? Comparing Z&W to Pikmin is comparing apples and Chuck Norris. I'll leave you decide which game is Chuck Norris. But Z&W isn't that bad of a game. A bit on the short side, but it's fun enough to replay a few times.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    If I wasn't getting Mario Galaxy and Assassin's Creed, I would totally get this. It looks very interesting something you could extremely addicted to. I hope they make a sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nookslave
    Are you joking? Comparing Z&W to Pikmin is comparing apples and Chuck Norris. I'll leave you decide which game is Chuck Norris.
    LOL

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    5117-7140-6341-3052
    I just bought this game today and have been playing it for about 2 hours now and am 4 levels into the game. This game is VERY fun. I highly recommend it. Definitely two thumbs up.
    Wii Friend Code: 5117-7140-6341-3052
    Guitar Hero 3 Friend Code: 210568834979
    MoH: Heroes 2 Username: "evopanop"
    Games: Elebits, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Metal Slug Anthology, Need for Speed: Pro Street, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Super Mario: Galaxy, Wii Play, Wii Sports, Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

Member #
    Friends

This game is tough

I am new to the wii world, but love this game.
    I finished the first level, but it says that it is only 70% complete. What did I miss?

The Ice level is tough even with the cheats available.

Member #
    Friends
    0672-4527-4193-8812
    i didnt mean to compare them i just asked if they were similar at all in that they both seem to be puzzle solving type games. pikmin may have been my favorite gc game, although i never finished the 2nd one. didnt interest me as much.
    most recent purchase - tiger woods '08
    Other games - galaxy, sports, mp 8, zelda:TP, Boogie, game party, moh:h2
    Games I want - SSBB, scarface, kart, worms: a space oddity.
    VC games - mario 64, mario kart 64, tecmo bowl, shining force, plus internet browser, and the stupid @$$ mii contest one.

bwii fc is 322 237 531 304
    ea nation persona is bgreen82

Ads