LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Fire Emblem IGN Review

This kinda saddens me, I thought the game would be a bit fancier.

8.0/10

http://wii.ign.com/articles/832/832368p1.html

Closing Comments
    To call Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn a Wii game is to take the meaning of that statement as literal as possible. Yes, it runs on Wii, comes in a cute white box, and you’ll pay $49.99 for it. From there, however, the experience is anything but Wii-like, as the game uses no motion, no IR, no Mii integration, and no online. While some gamers will scoff at this fact, diehard Fire Emblem fans already understand the choice made by Nintendo, as the series hasn’t needed to change in nearly 20 years, and shouldn’t be expected to now. The game supports Wii-mote control in classic NES-style, the GameCube controller, and the Classic Controller, so no matter what your setup you can still dive into one of the deepest, mature, and traditionally rooted titles on Nintendo consoles.

What you’ll miss, however, is any sort of upgrade from the GameCube version which is on sale for $20 new. Radiant Dawn is a direct sequel to the Cube’s Path of Radiance, and as such looks, acts, and feels identical. You’ll still get very little VO, minimal animation overall, GameCube graphics, and extremely simply storytelling that makes use of only a backdrop and some character art. Why the production value in Fire Emblem has yet to be completely overhauled is beyond us, but apparently someone at Nintendo things traditional games need to not only play like a game two decades old, but also look similar as well. If you’re looking for an entertaining, challenging, traditional strategy game, look no further, as Fire Emblem is as good as it gets. Just don’t expect anything more than GameCube presentation, visuals, and control for $50.
    Wii Games I own: MOH:H2, FE: RD, BWii, MLB: PP, LOZ: TP, MSC, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Super Paper Mario, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Naruto: CONR, Wii Sports, Zack and Wiki

2. Ads

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    I've looked over the stages compared to the gamecube version, and it looks almost identical x.x. Characters, graphics, gameplay are pretty much all the same.

This level on Radiant Dawn is almost identical to the one in Path of Radiance. They just added different textures and theme...

And yes, I'm also disappointed, considering many sites have already said this.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    what a shame, i was hoping more from this game, but you cant ever trust the buissness world

PSN ID: zapasant93

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Game still should be good.
    Thanks for sharing though.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    I am sure that the Wii game only appears to look similar to the GC game on the surface. It could be very different in terms of the story and gameplay.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuakuya
    I am sure that the Wii game only appears to look similar to the GC game on the surface. It could be very different in terms of the story and gameplay.
    Same gameplay, because the gameplay doesn't use the wiimote as it should be used. You're actually better off playing it with the gamecube controller. and the story is not there, considering Fire Emblem games never really focused on their stories. Many sites even said that it was just like a port from the gamecube.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Ads