LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'm confident it will be an amazing game.

I am also confident it will be better than SSBB: The level design of Galaxy really looks amazing, while SSBB is basically just a beat-um-up.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    7536-6815-2039-0080
    deffently not the #1 game of all time...
    its a great game (as ive heard), but not good enough to be the best.

Brawl will kick the snot out of it.

EDIT-- Not sure tho, ive never played either. ill just have to wait and see.

PS: i didnt like super mario 64... will i like this?

Brawl FC : 2750-0757-1719
    Brawl NickName : KEVIN

PM me if you add me

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MySims
    PS: i didnt like super mario 64... will i like this?
    I didn't play it long enough to see all the features since the cursor wouldn't work. The infrared sensor on the TV apparently wasn't registering properly and I didn't have enough room to back away to adjust. It was pretty cramped where they had their kiosk.

To me it played almost exactly like Mario 64 except you travel to planets instead of jumping into paintings.

Member #
    Friends
    1635-5908-0301-7661
    Super Mario Galaxy is the greatest platformer of all time.

If you didn't like mario 64, you probably won't like this. They're very similar, but then again there's enough that's different in Galaxy that maybe you'll like it. Rent it first if you have doubts. I can't imagine someone not liking Galaxy, but I'm sure someone out there will. Seems like everybody liked Metroid Prime: Corruption, but I hated it.
    Currently Playing : Super Swing Golf 2, Nights: Journey of Dreams

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    First things first, just because a game is rated highly does not make it awesome. For example, I hate Ninga Gaiden Black on XBOX, but all the critics seem to love it. You will never convince everybody.

Secondly, while I'm positive that SSBB will be awesome, it is unfair for anybody to say it is better than Galaxy when nobody except media and E 4 All consumers have played it. Not to mention that they are two completely different genres and game styles (honestly, when's the last time you longed to play the single player adventure mode in melee?).

I personally could care less how its rated, because I've played it and have already fallen in love with it (goodbye Samus, I hope you don't powerbeam me for leaving you).
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7300-6469-2862-5349
    i can't believe that people keep craping on about Brawl. I didn't even think Melee was that great! Sure it was good and I had a lot of fun with it, but I wouldn't even rank it in my top 20 fav games, yet people here seem to think it will be better than Galaxy?!
    I still rate Mario 64 as the best game off all time, in my opinion, because it was so different to anything i'd ever played before. I remember when I got it I thought that that was it, you couldn't get better graphics or sound or anything. It was the be all and end all of gaming. Turns out it wasn't, but I am yet to play another game that has made me feel that way.
    Now, most people here haven't played Galaxy yet but from the reviews I have read it sounds like Galaxy will give you that impression again. A feeling that it's just impossible to top. Sunshine tried, and it was good and all, but that feeling wasn't quite there.
    I'm a Zelda fan and Zelda is by far, in my opinion, the best gaming franchise ever. All the games just frickin' rock!!! But I would still rate Mario 64 over any Zelda game, so I believe that, in my opinion, Galaxy will be the best game ever.
    What i've got so far: Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Play, LoZ: TP, Marvel: UA, Rampage: Total Destruction, WSOP: ToC, Excite Truck, TMNT Wiimote x2, Nunchuck x2, Classic Controller, Fan/Neon Lights, Wiimote Charger, Skins - Blue, Black, Pink, Green, Component Cables, Trial Opera Browser & Classic Games: DK Country, SimCity, Super Mario Bros., Kid Icarus, Super Mario World, Street Figher II, Castlevania IV, Zelda: LttP

Member #
    Friends
    it really depends on your taste. this debate between ssbb and smg: your judgement is completely based on what your personal taste is. i played melee before, and i hated it. i'm getting brawl, but not because of my absolute adoration for the franchise; i'm simply getting it to get it. mario, on the other hand, is more my type of game. sm64 blew melee out of the water, and in my personal opinion, galaxies will do the same.
    Nintendo On The Islands

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Well all i have to say...is get the game....play it.....RATE IT YOURSELF!
    Just When You Thought It Was Over........It Not Over Until I Say Its Over........So You Better Think Twice My Friend!!!

My WOC for friends list on Wii is right by my name....If you want to add ME Pm....if you do it without my knowing...I WILL NOT ADD YOU:

Member #
    Friends
    0672-4527-4193-8812
    true dat. i will love both. but i have to say that mario 64 may be my favorite game of all time, and i never owned a 64. needless to say i have it on vc now, but i have loved both smash bros games as well. they are 2 different games, and both will be awesome. i am still hoping that the release on ssbb has been pushed back to change the online format, but that is just a pipe dream.
    most recent purchase - tiger woods '08
    Other games - galaxy, sports, mp 8, zelda:TP, Boogie, game party, moh:h2
    Games I want - SSBB, scarface, kart, worms: a space oddity.
    VC games - mario 64, mario kart 64, tecmo bowl, shining force, plus internet browser, and the stupid @$$ mii contest one.

bwii fc is 322 237 531 304
    ea nation persona is bgreen82

Member #
    Friends
    5390-4745-5144-7150
    I can't call it the #1 Game of All Time until I play it.

Ads