LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Metroid lag problem?

Hey I wanted to know if other people are having lag when they run up to doors in Metroid. Sometimes it takes up to 15 seconds after i shoot the shield off and run up to a door to load the area. Should they ALL be loading instantly or very quickly or is this normal? 0_0

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Metroid Prime games has those slow-loading doors. What Retro does is to load a room just before you enter it. Shooting the door alerts the game so that it loads the next room for you to enter. It's supposed to cover up loading times without the need of loading screens but the lag is noticeable.

I thought the lag was actually a bit worse in Metroid Prime 3 than in the previous 2 games but it's still bearable. Most of them should open fairly quickly.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

come to the dark side.... dark samus's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7159-9733-2785-0220
    this is normal, it only happens on certain doors, and very very few of them, but after a while you learn to ignore it, so dont worry.

guitar hero friend code: 451091730984
    PM me if you wanna add me.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I never had any lag...at all. None that's memorable anyway.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

JT.
    Member #
    Friends
    To me, it happened all the way through. But it's worth the wait. With rooms so huge and full of textures, it's no wonder it takes a long time!

You should listen to your Wii whilst playing. I've never heard it so loud!

Oh, and just don't try speed running the game.

Signature under construction

"Life's a game", and I lost the manual...

Member #
    Friends
    2352-9528-8372-8013
    this is actually nintendo's clever way of 'hiding' loading screens. Normally you would see a loading screen everytime you go to another room but they hide it while you wait for the door to open. It keeps the immersive feeling and lets you run around while it preloads the next room. Very smart

This seems more prevalent in MP3 since the game uses alot more resources than the previous ones... just look at those graphics
    Current Favorites:
    Games - MP3, RE4, Scarface, NMH, GW:G
    Music - Addison Groove Project, Calexico, J5
    Anticipated Games - SPORE, Lost Wind, Rygar
    --------
    Winter Solider Iraq Testimonies - democracynow.org/features/winter_solider
    --------
    SSBB Code - 2750 0855 8502 | BWII Code - 451 086 547 313

Member #
    Friends
    it's not lag it's loading times. no biggy.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    Ok nifty. My other problem is that with the first copy of the game I got (used) it would skip when playing music and sometimes wouldn't start up on occasion. One time the system restarted right before I got to a save spot and another time Samus came out of the ship with no textures on her model, just grayscale 0_0. I went back to the same store and got another used copy, and the first time I tried starting the game it gave me an error where I had to restart and take the disc out etc. But I've been playing for the past couple hours with no issues right afterwards. Should I just keep playing for now and hope nothing else happens or is there something wrong with my console? (I just got it used a few days ago too, probably won't do that again, but it came with a Nintendo warranty so whatever)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sdlac
    Ok nifty. My other problem is that with the first copy of the game I got (used) it would skip when playing music and sometimes wouldn't start up on occasion. One time the system restarted right before I got to a save spot and another time Samus came out of the ship with no textures on her model, just grayscale 0_0. I went back to the same store and got another used copy, and the first time I tried starting the game it gave me an error where I had to restart and take the disc out etc. But I've been playing for the past couple hours with no issues right afterwards. Should I just keep playing for now and hope nothing else happens or is there something wrong with my console? (I just got it used a few days ago too, probably won't do that again, but it came with a Nintendo warranty so whatever)
    umm. . . not sure. . . if it happens again just contact Nintendo and they'll fix it.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by sdlac
    Put in Wii Sports, is there anything wrong with it? If not, it's probably just your disc.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Ads