Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1606-9696-7776-6446

2 Players on Mario Galaxy?

I went to IGN this morning and was looking around the Wii section when i saw that they had posted the official commercial for Super Mario Galaxy.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748588/vids_1.html

This should bring you to a page with a bunch of videos on it. Click on the one saying "Super Mario Galaxy Commercial (November 4, 2007)"

twords the end of the video, they show what i assume to be a mother and a son playing together, which struck me as odd, and then they showed a clip of gameplay, and you can clearly see two cursors labled "P1" and "P2" on them. I'll admit, i haven't really been reading too deep into SMG, but i've read enough to know a good deal about the game. so why haven't i heard ANYTHING about a second player option?

On IGN it says it's 1-2 players. How is multiplayer being carried out here?
    EA Persona: JohnPetrucci
    BWii FC: 210 568 264 047 PM me if you add me

Newest Wii Purchase: Wii Zapper/Links Crossbow Training, Super Mario Strikers Charged

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2889-0567-4141-1338
    well theres been various remarks and reviews from people who have played through it , also previews and nowhere have i seen 2player mentioned so ........uuuhhh dunno

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    Yes their is two players, but it's not what you'd call true "two" players. Here's a quote from an E3 2007 Preview by IGN.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozon
    Even the two-player mode, which is still basic and a little buggy at this point, was a neat addition to the demo. Nintendo hinted about this one for a while, but we saw it in effect today. With just an extra Wii-mote a second player can jump into the action and take control of an additional IR pointer. The IR can be used to hold enemies down, destroy some obstacles (such as annoying rolling boulders), freeze Mario at any time, collect the mini star gems, or fire those same gems to stun enemies. The system isn't perfect, as we had player two accidentally freeze Mario multiple times in the process of aiming for an enemy or messing around in the world, but it's still pretty fun. We even got into screwing the other player over for the fun of it with the Wii-mote, freezing Mario until player one threw a hiss fit. It still seems like there could be more though, as you still can't grab coins or other items and drag them to Mario, or give the plumber a friendly grab-n-toss every now and then. It's a neat addition, but it's still kind of gimmicky too, and is more of an entertaining distraction from the main game as opposed to actual two-player co-operative play.

Member #
    Friends
    1606-9696-7776-6446
    That seems kinda pointless to have. Hopefully it will serve more of a purpose in the full game than the demo. When it comes out here in the US, i'll be sure to investigate it more to see if it's actually any good.
    EA Persona: JohnPetrucci
    BWii FC: 210 568 264 047 PM me if you add me

Newest Wii Purchase: Wii Zapper/Links Crossbow Training, Super Mario Strikers Charged

Member #
    Friends
    4551-8336-3359-2529
    ehhhhh i got a problem, the kid hold both the nun chuck and the remote, but the mom is only hold the wiimote, i dont think its gunna b as good as u wud hope it 2 be... but just w8 till this tuesday when i get it ^^
    i post some comments bout it ;]

dont mess wit a name u cant read n%bz

Myspace = LBezze.

Xbox 360 = i7cx1Ci
    GOW, Halo 2/3, Oblivion, Bioshock, COD3/4, Mass Effect, Halo Wars, UT3, GTA IV, Quake Wars, Assassins Creed,, RE5, Fight Night 3, Maddon 08
    Wii
    Wario Ware, Zelda TP, SMG, MOH2 = LaMe Ass FPS xD

Xfire = LBezze

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose
    I went to IGN this morning and was looking around the Wii section when i saw that they had posted the official commercial for Super Mario Galaxy.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748588/vids_1.html

This should bring you to a page with a bunch of videos on it. Click on the one saying "Super Mario Galaxy Commercial (November 4, 2007)"

twords the end of the video, they show what i assume to be a mother and a son playing together, which struck me as odd, and then they showed a clip of gameplay, and you can clearly see two cursors labled "P1" and "P2" on them. I'll admit, i haven't really been reading too deep into SMG, but i've read enough to know a good deal about the game. so why haven't i heard ANYTHING about a second player option?

On IGN it says it's 1-2 players. How is multiplayer being carried out here?
    At a guess, I'd assume theirs some multiplayer minigames.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    actually this is not a bad idea... im sure each of you have had a younger sibbling want to play and you wont let them blah blah well now they can at least "help" or feel like they are helping shit i know ill let my son play this just so he lets me play in peace lol

Don't believe his lies. KyleForMe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5710-8093-1849-3803
    2nd player has the kind of depth and responsibility that's perfect for my girlfriend.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleForMe
    2nd player has the kind of depth and responsibility that's perfect for my girlfriend.
    Yes this is girlfriend friendly.

Member #
    Friends
    4551-8336-3359-2529
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleForMe

tousche

dont mess wit a name u cant read n%bz

Myspace = LBezze.

Xbox 360 = i7cx1Ci
    GOW, Halo 2/3, Oblivion, Bioshock, COD3/4, Mass Effect, Halo Wars, UT3, GTA IV, Quake Wars, Assassins Creed,, RE5, Fight Night 3, Maddon 08
    Wii
    Wario Ware, Zelda TP, SMG, MOH2 = LaMe Ass FPS xD

Xfire = LBezze

Spoiler Alert!

Ads