Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Zach & wiki / Super Monkey Ball wii impressions

Hello again guys,

I would just like to see what your guys opinions on these two games are. I wanted to pick up a game sometime later today but Im not sure which of the two. I have heard good things about both Zach and Wiki and Super Monkey Ball wii. However I hear that Zach and Wiki is very short with little re playability and Super Monkey ball, by fellow fans of the series such as myself, were rather disappointed with the wii installment saying it lacked depth and had a poor sound track.

Input is greatly appreciated

Don't believe his lies. KyleForMe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5710-8093-1849-3803
    Well one thing worth noting about Super Monkey ball is that it was a release title. It is dissapointing for a couple reasons, but considering its only 30$ retail now, its worth the money if you've got friends to play with. However as a one-player game, it will get boring fast.

Zach and Wiki I have not played, but I have heard nothing but good things. But thats not a multiplayer game like monkey ball.

I think you should ask yourself, are your friends around enough to make monkey ball worth it, or do you play more often by yourself, in which zach n wiki would be a better choice.

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    honestly, if i had a lot of friends who were down, i would get zak and wiki, because then you can all sit around and try and solve the puzzles. monkey ball even with the mini games is a sub par experience in my opinion, some of the controls take some getting used to which i dont really appreciate considering they are mini games, even if this was a launch title. the single player bordered unplayable for me, because as boss time came i was DOA. zak and wiki is supposidly very challenging but if you are down for a solid title which is a good challenge, then go for it.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

pea
    Member #
    Friends
    7193-6478-5119-6090
    i haven't played monkey ball, but i do have zack and wiki and i think it's awesome. It's kind of a throw back to those old adventure games like space quest, king's quest, monkey island, but it's a little more streamlined. For example it's not just one big adventure, but instead it's divided into "levels". Each level is a big puzzle in which you have to figure out how to get to the treasure chest. To do this you interact with the environment around you. It requires a lot of trial and error.

Also, not to be stereotypical, but it is EXTREMELY japanese. Very cute, yet very nonsensical. If you're looking for an adventure game with an intricate storyline, this isn't really the game for you. But, if you're looking for a brain challenge with puzzles that are difficult to solve, then by all means you should check this one out.

I have not yet finished the game, but i would assume that once you go through it once, solving the puzzles seems trite, so i don't really think there would be much replay value. However, you could always strive for 100%.
    WII: wii sports - zelda: twilight princess - godfather - super paper mario - Prince of Persia: Rival Swords - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Resident Evil 4 - zack & wiki - Guitar Hero 3 - Super Mario Galaxy

VC: Super Mario Bros - Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels - Super Mario Bros 3- Super Mario World - Super Mario 64 - Star Fox 64 - Punch out - Excite Bike - Shining Force - Streets of Rage 3 - Super Metroid - Sin & Punishment

Wii FC: 7193-6478-5119-6090
    GH3 FC: 3050 5733 3170

Member #
    Friends
    Personally, I have both and I think monkey ball controls are lame. The mini games would be fun with multiple people.
    Wii Games I own: MOH:H2, FE: RD, BWii, MLB: PP, LOZ: TP, MSC, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Super Paper Mario, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Naruto: CONR, Wii Sports, Zack and Wiki

Del fuego he resurgido {Axtlár}'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5200-6176-6963-9732
    I'm definetely going to buy Zack and Wiki, it looks like a great game made by one of the best companies for videogames, and it's original and not a remake or anything like that, and even though point and click games aren't my thing, I still am interested in this one. Monkey Ball on the other hand: no.

The end is near....Or is it the beginning?
    it's THE BEGINNING of an endless fall into a precipice of epic Brawling fun.
    Add me to Brawl:
    FC: 317957548849
    User name: AXTLR
    if you added me, send me a pm with your code too, please.

Member #
    Friends
    I rented Monkey Balls a while ago, and didn't really like it at all. From what I remember, the controls were pretty crappy.

Member #
    Friends
    Super Monkey Ball is not very good.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    wow....i'm going to say the opposite of all these people, i have super monkey ball:bb, and i think it's great, it's definitely in my top half of wii games(i have 17)

It is really hard, and it's fun if you have a friend over, and you're taking turns, and seeing who can beat the level first.....

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    I did have Super Monkey Ball and thought it was ok. It did start to get a bit hard around level 9 and the camera dosent help much. Most of the mini-games are rubbish but there are about 50 to choose from. Its worth it if you can pick it up for below $30.

I dont have Zack & Wiki yet but its on my Christmas list. From everything i have seen and heard it is the better game and Capcom deserves to get the sales for making a good game on Wii. Buy it and support decent third party games on Wii.

Ads