LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Dag Blast It! RE: umbrella

The last line of the review is "It's the perfect way to prepare yourself for the upcoming Resident Evil 5." What RE5 on the Wii? I know it's not there! Darn it. These reviewers don't think like us single system gamers.

http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/...s/147348.shtml

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    waht can I say?

Developers hate the wii. . . . -_-'
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    5382-7503-5475-5536
    That they do but they do have to admit that RE4 was a lot better in the wii than in the other systems I mean what's easier than point and shoot?

Member #
    Friends
    well, for those of us with a 360, it WILL be getting us ready for five lol. but seriously, they only meant its a recap of 0-3, with some additional story, so its a refresher if you plan on playing 5.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    Sure I could go out and get another console but honestly I do not want to play a first or third person shooter if I have to aim with a joystick. It's either Wii or PC for me.

Member #
    Friends
    yeah, i found it so refreshing when I played my first Wii FPS...everything become so much simpler

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Dare I say it, if Umbrella Chronicles sells like RE4: Wii did, we may just see RE5 on the Wii afterall.

Your mission if you choose to accept it, is to convince as many people as possible to buy Umbrella Chronicles as possible.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Dare I say it, if Umbrella Chronicles sells like RE4: Wii did, we may just see RE5 on the Wii afterall.

Your mission if you choose to accept it, is to convince as many people as possible to buy Umbrella Chronicles as possible.
    Ironically I think Capcom is dedicating its development brain power on optimizing the engine and graphics for the two systems that take much longer to optimize. In other words they must feel that a Wii game would add way too much complexity to the process since they would have to constantly "restrain" the programming. I say ironically because obviously they could release a great re5 game much more quickly to the Wii.

The Wii hurts me when developers think their games progress is better served on the other consoles.

Member #
    Friends
    I agree with austinAlan. IMO there's no better way to play a FPS than with a mouse and Keyboard. Using the Wiimote is a close second. i wonder why they never tried something different on the consoles than just a joystick.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by austinAlan
    Ironically I think Capcom is dedicating its development brain power on optimizing the engine and graphics for the two systems that take much longer to optimize. In other words they must feel that a Wii game would add way too much complexity to the process since they would have to constantly "restrain" the programming. I say ironically because obviously they could release a great re5 game much more quickly to the Wii.

The Wii hurts me when developers think their games progress is better served on the other consoles.
    Possibly, but reportedly, Capcom has already said that it might do a Wii version of Resident Evil 5 if the sales of 4 and UC are good enough (or something to that effect).

Personally, I think it could be done. Sure, reduce the graphics slightly (bearing in mind, that because it'll be a downgrade, Capcom may be able to push the Wii to greater limits than those games that are "made for it".), but I don't think they would have to dabble to much with the engine itself - it looked pretty much like RE4, with more detailed graphics.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Ads