Well, I've played the first mission and maybe an hour or so of online. I've played all of the modes.
All I can say is...blah. The game is OK, but I wouldn't rush out to get it.
The controls are great once you get used to them and tweak them to your liking (I recommend jacking up everything for maximum speed and getting used to that). The graphics are also OK.
But the online isn't that great. On the upside, there's very little lag. On the downside:
1. It takes A LOT of bullets to take someone out. This is quite annoying as sometimes it takes a full clip of ammo to take someone out.
2. Only a few maps.
3. Only a couple of weapons per side.
4. Only a few modes. I don't like deathmatch at all, and team deathmatch has some flaws (see below). I guess I REALLY wished that they'd have a team last-man-standing type mode (ala SOCOM).
5. In team deathmatch, the respawn points are random. So instead of one team starting on one side of the map and the other team on the other, you just randomly respawn at different points. So you'll fairly often respawn right by a bunch of enemies and so forth. It's just way to chaotic for this reason. There's no tactics to the game as you can't move through as a force as someone will invariably respawn behind you, sneak up, and blow you all away. So it's reduced down to chaotic running around and blasting.
6. The uniforms for each team look very similar. So, from a distance where your crosshair doesn't change red, it's very difficult to tell if someone is an enemy or not.
6. NO VOICE CHAT! I wasn't expecting this, but the game feels REALLY lacking without it.
The best mode is CTF, in my opinion, but very few play it.
Oh well. I kind of wish I wouldn't have blown $50 on it. The original SOCOM for the PS2 that came out like 6 years ago BLOWS this game away on every dimension. I guess I thought that this game could top that one being that it's out 6 years later on a later generation console. Guess I was wrong.
I guess I'll just keep playing it and see if it grows on me. There's nothing else out there that seems remotely interesting for the Wii (other than SMG, but I'm getting that for Christmas), so I might as well use my Wii since I own one.