Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979

Things To Consider About The Next Zelda

Firstly, some of you may have already realized these things.
    But I just realized these the other day
    This was also to attempt to cut down on the next Zelda game threads that we tend to experience from time to time

One, its going to be a while before the next game comes out.
    I already knew that one though.

What I didn't think about was the fact that it will be built from the ground-up on the Wii. Not another Gamecube port, like Twilight Princess was, even though it was a great game.

As long as they don't decide to go back to the cartoonish Zelda (that was still good though as well), just imagine what the games visuals will be like.

We've seen games like Galaxy use the Wii's power to the max, visual wise.
    It gets me real giddy imagining what the next Zelda is going to look like.

Also, with that said, we could also maybe see the next Zelda game become the best game of all time, or reviewed of all time, what ever Ocarina Of Time was ( and Galaxy is now).

Thoughts?

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    I wouldn't expect any zelda game ever passing Ocarina of Time. It brought in so many new ideas as the first 3-D zelda, it was, and still is, too good to ever be passed by one of its own. (You can see the same outcome from Halo)

But, I definitely don't expect a new Celda. I think that will, from now on, strictly keep to handhelds.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

come to the dark side.... dark samus's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7159-9733-2785-0220
    nuh, there will be another zelda on wii sooner or later

guitar hero friend code: 451091730984
    PM me if you wanna add me.

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Celda = Cell shaded Zelda.

I expect another Zelda for wii, but not Celda.

Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    2856-3740-5359-2869
    Quote Originally Posted by nic7
    I wouldn't expect any zelda game ever passing Ocarina of Time. It brought in so many new ideas as the first 3-D zelda, it was, and still is, too good to ever be passed by one of its own. (You can see the same outcome from Halo)

But, I definitely don't expect a new Celda. I think that will, from now on, strictly keep to handhelds.
    for me, as of now, OoT is i believe to be my favorite Zelda but my favorite Video Game period...ive played and replayed that game over and over from back when i was around 8 years old and still today and i can probably tell you what's in every chest in every dungeon and even a few secrets and tricks no one even knows about *wink*

BUT, i do think the next Zelda on the Wii may very well be the greatest ever for a few reasons:

1. Presentation: While the 3-D aspect of Zelda was huge and new for the SERIES...it wasnt new ofr gaming, becuz of games like Mario 64, so just becuz the next Zelda doesnt bring the series to anew dimension doesn't mean it wont be perfect. I'm sure Nintendo can throw some of its magic powder of this next installment as well.

2. Motion-Sensing: Sure...TP used it well, but of course this was not envisioned to really be a Wii game, it was transferred there and released on both systems. Imagine how immersive a Zelda game envisioned SOLELY for the Wii could be? Imagine all the different peripherals the Wii will have and be able to use? Imagine the VISUALS? Good god.

3. Sound. Simply stated, imagine what the possibilities could be a full-fledged and fully voiced Zelda game? While its kinda scary to think of hearing Link's voice...we may not like it. But of course you need to remember if they don't get it right the first time they can always change it because alot of Zelda games dont actually feature the same Link. Just being able to hear the voice of all these characters and have REAL story-telling without text would be phenomenal.

4. Online. Whether it be simply mini-game functionality or a complete multiplayer component, the possibilities are endless.

While i know nothing about the next in the series, what i do know is that all of these are possibilities. Any Zelda fan could not dispute that an incorporation of all of these elements into our next trip to Hyrule and triumph over Ganon (or Ganondorf) would be the greatest adventure of all time. Not just for the Legend of Zelda, but for gaming as a whole.
    Wii Games: Wii Sports, Manhunt 2, Madden 2008, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Mario Strikers Charged, Link's Crossbow Training and Red Steel

VC Games: Super Metroid, Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Contra 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, Super Mario Brothers, Soldier Blade, Kid Icarus, Blades of Steel, World Sports Competition, F-Zero and Punch-Out

Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    You know what? That's an amazing post. That post has honestly convinced me that, if done right, the next zelda could stand up against OoT. I think it would take some great use of motion and some superb uses of online, but I think it can be done.

Great Post.

Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    2856-3740-5359-2869
    Quote Originally Posted by nic7
    You know what? That's an amazing post. That post has honestly convinced me that, if done right, the next zelda could stand up against OoT. I think it would take some great use of motion and some superb uses of online, but I think it can be done.

Great Post.
    im in the zelda fan club for a reason

THANKS!
    Wii Games: Wii Sports, Manhunt 2, Madden 2008, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Mario Strikers Charged, Link's Crossbow Training and Red Steel

VC Games: Super Metroid, Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Contra 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, Super Mario Brothers, Soldier Blade, Kid Icarus, Blades of Steel, World Sports Competition, F-Zero and Punch-Out

Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    I forgot about the controls and was only thinking of the visuals

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    7300-6469-2862-5349
    Dear lord, PLEASE make sure the next Zelda does NOT have online OR voice acting; i swear i will slit my wrists and i am not even emo...
    What i've got so far: Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Play, LoZ: TP, Marvel: UA, Rampage: Total Destruction, WSOP: ToC, Excite Truck, TMNT Wiimote x2, Nunchuck x2, Classic Controller, Fan/Neon Lights, Wiimote Charger, Skins - Blue, Black, Pink, Green, Component Cables, Trial Opera Browser & Classic Games: DK Country, SimCity, Super Mario Bros., Kid Icarus, Super Mario World, Street Figher II, Castlevania IV, Zelda: LttP

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Come on? What's wrong with a little four swords like online co-op? (Actually Wiiware idea?) But, I wouldn't expect anything over what Metroid Prime 3 has or maybe an added on Link's Crossbow Training with online multiplayer or leader boards. Could be great!

But, definitely don't want voice acting. I don't think it'd ever happen though.

Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Ads