+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Confiscation of the Mind iOwnage's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8957-2822-1883-9918
    Quote Originally Posted by devitek
    The third-party support isn't even necessary to the system's success. They keep enough first-party games moving to keep people playing.
    Yeah.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Holy Trinity of Nintendo devitek's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6202-9304-2933-3293
    Exactly. We'll get third-party support when we need it. It's not like we don't have some already.

I've got to add fuel to the fire, though. PS3 outsold the Wii in Japan. ZOMG!! Wait a minute...PS3 outsold the Wii, but the Wii is sold out. What's that? You can find a PS3 just about anywhere? Oh. Well, I guess it's not that big of a deal then.

Mario, Zelda, Metroid -- The Holy Trinity of Nintendo

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganSix

Here's another thing that will make the Wii long lasting. The WiiWare channel is going to be opened up to the independent game maker. This means, some guy with a great idea, but with out the backing of Ubisoft, EA and the like, can design and create his game and advertise it on WiiWare. With millions of Wii owners out there, there's a good chance a bunch of people will download the game and, if it is good, recommend it to other Wii owners. That's providing innovation in gaming.
    You say that like thats the first time its been done and thats what im talking about. Thats why i say to all the people that don't know any thing about the other two consoles to shut up(not you), because independent games have been on both systems and selling well. This idea was actually stolen from microsoft, they have been letting independent people make games for live arcade for almost two years now. Playstation is doing the same as well, as soon as i get the names of the top sellers ill give them to you. Thats not innovating if its been done already.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganSix
    I'm sorry, but that other level is what PC gamers have been experiencing for years. All the PS3 and 360 are doing is creating semi-upgradeable PC's. Is it the goal for gaming consoles to emulate PC's/DVD players/Home Entertainment Systems?

The current issue with PC's is that you are stuck with the block. You can only add and upgrade so many times until the block needs to replaced. Entertainment should be component based. Your movie playing, video recording, gaming, music listening should be separate, but compatible with each other.

I will give you that it would be nice to have chat features on the Wii. But, the Wii uses Bluetooth to communicate with the remotes. That means, it could easily use Bluetooth headsets for talking. It's just not implemented, just like the microphone in the remote. Why hasn't Nintendo implemented that feature? Who knows, maybe they want to give 3rd parties a chance. Or maybe they want to roll things out slowly so that people are more and more interested in coming back to their gaming console. Nintendo pushed an upgrade that allowed us to use the keyboard in the web browser, it could do the same for a headset.

The interaction with the Wii is what is innovative and what sets it apart. Take "Rock Star" for example. In order to play it on the 360, PC, or PS3 you will need to buy multiple accessories to play each instrument. Then you have to attach those instruments to the console. The Wii remote can already be a drum, tambourine, harmonica (not 100%), put the chuck and remote together and you have a trombone, cymbals, base drum, trumpet, violin. That's innovation.

When the WiiBoard comes out, those people who like playing skating games will have a new way to play. Or, since it can tell if you squat down or stand up, imagine being able to duck down to hide during a fire fight. Jump on a vehicle and steering with your body movements. That's innovation.
    whats with the nintendo fans always talking about when it comes out or they could do this, and maybe if this, like come on. What does nintendo have now that is so innovating? What do they have now that will make you go wow. With games getting easier and easier how long will these games like mario galaxy and metroid and all that stuff last? not long in my opinion. You guys are always guessing whats going to come next when the other consoles tell you what you are going to get next. I remember some one on here saying that they thought about the wii back in the middle of the gamecube era, well if they where thinking about it for that long you would think they would be able to tell you what they have instore for you. but all i see is Wii fit, smash, and mario kart. Half the people that got galaxy have already beatin it so how many more times do you think some one is going to play the same game before they get bored? The great releases are not consistant and when they do say something is comming it always gets pushed back. Nothing that nintendo has given a date for has been kept, nothing. thats ever since launch. Not updates, not surpises, not games, and not info. I can almost garentee you that if they don't pull something out the hat the wii craze will be dead by this summer. oh unless they just push what they have coming back some more.

Member #
    Friends
    6202-9304-2933-3293
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    You say that like thats the first time its been done and thats what im talking about. Thats why i say to all the people that don't know any thing about the other two consoles to shut up(not you), because independent games have been on both systems and selling well. This idea was actually stolen from microsoft, they have been letting independent people make games for live arcade for almost two years now. Playstation is doing the same as well, as soon as i get the names of the top sellers ill give them to you. Thats not innovating if its been done already.
    Wait, just...wait. Ok. Starting here:

This idea was actually stolen from microsoft
    Independent development has existed ALWAYS. It just does. Nowadays we call it "homebrew". Live arcade is a smooth way of doing it that doesn't require the end-user to buy additional hardware or modify their systems to play these games. The idea isn't really stolen by Nintendo, it's adopted. With all the piracy issues they've been dealing with, this is a smart move that keeps the legitimate homebrew developers and independents in the loop and able to get their titles to users much, much easier.

You know, what's cool about all of this is that each of these console giants is driving the others to excellence. I think the big complaint that everyone has is that Microsoft and Sony didn't drive Nintendo to make a more powerful system--instead, they just tried to be more innovative.

So, if you like the features and specs of the 360, then play a 360. If you like the features and specs of the PS3, play that. If you like the features and specs of the Wii, then you're in the right place. The last time I checked...this was a Wii forum.

Member #
    Friends
    6202-9304-2933-3293
    Geez, why do people continue to come here to knock the Wii?? I don't go to PS3 or 360 forums and start knocking those systems...oh wait, maybe it's because there are better things to do than knock the other systems.

See, I bought a Wii. I enjoy the Wii. Like any system, it is flawed. That doesn't stop me from playing it. My car, it's flawed. I still drive it. Sure, I could get a different car. It would have different flaws. I like my cars flaws--gives it character, I guess.

Here's the thing. The Wii isn't going to become a flop overnight. It's the most highly demanded system for a second year in a row. They could stop making games for it right now and people would still play their Wiis for another year before getting bored of it. But, since it's more of a casual thing, it will get treated like a board game--people will get it out at parties and family things. Which means it's a lot like Monopoly, or Catch Phrase, or Uno, or dominoes, or whatever games people keep around forever. So long as the hardware doesn't completely fail, it will be around for a long, long time.

Which means, in summary, that developers could continue to make cheap little minigame compilations and people will still buy it because it encourages group interaction. It's all about people getting together in one physical place and having a good time. The more we play long-distance, online, the more we're going to crave the direct interactions.

That's all I'm trying to say.

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by devitek
    Geez, why do people continue to come here to knock the Wii?? I don't go to PS3 or 360 forums and start knocking those systems...oh wait, maybe it's because there are better things to do than knock the other systems.

See, I bought a Wii. I enjoy the Wii. Like any system, it is flawed. That doesn't stop me from playing it. My car, it's flawed. I still drive it. Sure, I could get a different car. It would have different flaws. I like my cars flaws--gives it character, I guess.

Here's the thing. The Wii isn't going to become a flop overnight. It's the most highly demanded system for a second year in a row. They could stop making games for it right now and people would still play their Wiis for another year before getting bored of it. But, since it's more of a casual thing, it will get treated like a board game--people will get it out at parties and family things. Which means it's a lot like Monopoly, or Catch Phrase, or Uno, or dominoes, or whatever games people keep around forever. So long as the hardware doesn't completely fail, it will be around for a long, long time.

Which means, in summary, that developers could continue to make cheap little minigame compilations and people will still buy it because it encourages group interaction. It's all about people getting together in one physical place and having a good time. The more we play long-distance, online, the more we're going to crave the direct interactions.

That's all I'm trying to say.
    i see your point but at the same time not every body is always able to have people over, not every body has family in the state or country that they live in, not every one is up at normal hours. Im not trying to say that one is better than the other but people have got to stop thinking nintendo is the ony system that puts out good games, that they are the only system that puts out innovating games, that they are the only system that brings people together in gaming because its not true.

Every one thinks the casual craze began with nintendo, when in fact it was already in the happenings in the industry period, with the decline in difficulty in games. I would love to just talk about the wii on wii chat but every ones arguments start with how they outsold this how they do this and biased untrue comments about other systems they obviously know nothing about. You are right about the board game thing but the simple matter is that is not satisfying customers that want new games, and want varity. every one wants to say all 360 is, is shooters, and all ps3 is, is rpgs well nintendo is starting to be all party games that arent worth 50 bucks. Like where did the innovative controlls go? every thing is just like the other. There is nothing new or exciting about the wii any more. Every thing is a copy off another.

Thats why if nintendo isnt going to step up and make more games, then they do need third parties to step up and make better games. Its already been said and written in articles that nintendo is leaving most of the game making(in US) up to the third parties, and that they are going to continue to make games for nintendo japan. That right there is a load of BS and as a consumer if you are going to do that then you need to demand better quality from your thirdparty partners. Thats why if they keep that up they will fall off. You cant just keep releasing crappy games and mini games and think that its going to last. Untill some one makes a new game that utilizes innovative controls and gameplay, the shaking and flying arm movements are going to get real old real fast.
    NOBODY IS KNOCKING THE WII, ITS A GREAT MACHINE, THE GAMES NEED TO STEP UP A COUPLE NOTCHES.
    Last edited by yungblood6; 11-30-2007 at 11:12 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    whats with the nintendo fans always talking about when it comes out or they could do this, and maybe if this, like come on. What does nintendo have now that is so innovating? What do they have now that will make you go wow. With games getting easier and easier how long will these games like mario galaxy and metroid and all that stuff last? not long in my opinion. You guys are always guessing whats going to come next when the other consoles tell you what you are going to get next. I remember some one on here saying that they thought about the wii back in the middle of the gamecube era, well if they where thinking about it for that long you would think they would be able to tell you what they have instore for you. but all i see is Wii fit, smash, and mario kart. Half the people that got galaxy have already beatin it so how many more times do you think some one is going to play the same game before they get bored? The great releases are not consistant and when they do say something is comming it always gets pushed back. Nothing that nintendo has given a date for has been kept, nothing. thats ever since launch. Not updates, not surpises, not games, and not info. I can almost garentee you that if they don't pull something out the hat the wii craze will be dead by this summer. oh unless they just push what they have coming back some more.
    Galaxy and Metroid don't get boring.
    At least not to me, and I am sure some other people feel the same way.

A lot of people have beaten Galaxy by getting 60 starts, many don't feel the need to get all 120, so its not entirely easy to beat and people will still end up playing it. Plus Galaxy is an amazing game and looks great, enough appeal there to continue playing, hell I still played Mario 64 after I beat it too, who cares?

With Metroid, there is the different difficulty settings to go through, as well as being able to pick up all the power ups. Seems like enough incentive to me to keep playing those games.

As with new Wii games coming out?
    Firstly every System has delays, seriously its usually a part of one consoles life.
    Second, Wii is looking to have a good 08 in the works actually.
    Take in to consideration the following, I will say the ones you mentioned first.
    There's Brawl, Wii Fit, Mario Kart, New StarFox in the mix, Animal Crossing Wii, Disaster Day Of Crisis, Fragile, first real good baseball game for the Wii quite possibly with the release of MLB 08 (or whatever EA makes), No More Heroes, as well others I am forgetting right now.

But look at some of those, Animal Crossing was a good Gamcube hit, and with online functions and the possibility of MMO, it could be a great Wii hit. StarFox, well enough said there. Many love that series. The other games there could end up being sleeper hits, who knows? And Brawl is Brawl, same with Kart. Wii Fit, despite aiming at the casual with probably end up selling wonders, most likely anyways.

Wii's future ain't as bleak as you make it seem.
    Also, the "Wii Craze" you speak of won't fade in the Summer, since some of those games are coming out after Summer of 08.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Galaxy and Metroid don't get boring.
    At least not to me, and I am sure some other people feel the same way.

A lot of people have beaten Galaxy by getting 60 starts, many don't feel the need to get all 120, so its not entirely easy to beat and people will still end up playing it. Plus Galaxy is an amazing game and looks great, enough appeal there to continue playing, hell I still played Mario 64 after I beat it too, who cares?

With Metroid, there is the different difficulty settings to go through, as well as being able to pick up all the power ups. Seems like enough incentive to me to keep playing those games.

As with new Wii games coming out?
    Firstly every System has delays, seriously its usually a part of one consoles life.
    Second, Wii is looking to have a good 08 in the works actually.
    Take in to consideration the following, I will say the ones you mentioned first.
    There's Brawl, Wii Fit, Mario Kart, New StarFox in the mix, Animal Crossing Wii, Disaster Day Of Crisis, Fragile, first real good baseball game for the Wii quite possibly with the release of MLB 08 (or whatever EA makes), No More Heroes, as well others I am forgetting right now.

But look at some of those, Animal Crossing was a good Gamcube hit, and with online functions and the possibility of MMO, it could be a great Wii hit. StarFox, well enough said there. Many love that series. The other games there could end up being sleeper hits, who knows? And Brawl is Brawl, same with Kart. Wii Fit, despite aiming at the casual with probably end up selling wonders, most likely anyways.

Wii's future ain't as bleak as you make it seem.
    Also, the "Wii Craze" you speak of won't fade in the Summer, since some of those games are coming out after Summer of 08.
    see your point. when is starfox coming out? Dude im a 25 year old man im not playing animal crossing, its bad enough i played my sims it was cool for the first week then all the cutsie shit was nerv wrecking. i have heard mixed opinions on no more heroes will have to wait till more info on controlls are released. I am going to try brawl out this time but im a virtual fighter, tekken and mortal kombat fighter, i don't know if i can get into that, but we'll see. If they use the wii motions in baseball i might get it i forgot what the other baseball game was i rented recently but you hit with the A button how useless, and lazy was that development? whats the wiimote for if all you do is hit the damn buttons.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    see your point. when is starfox coming out? Dude im a 25 year old man im not playing animal crossing, its bad enough i played my sims it was cool for the first week then all the cutsie shit was nerv wrecking. i have heard mixed opinions on no more heroes will have to wait till more info on controlls are released. I am going to try brawl out this time but im a virtual fighter, tekken and mortal kombat fighter, i don't know if i can get into that, but we'll see. If they use the wii motions in baseball i might get it i forgot what the other baseball game was i rented recently but you hit with the A button how useless, and lazy was that development? whats the wiimote for if all you do is hit the damn buttons.
    Not sure about StarFox, but I posted some news about it the other day on here.
    Seriously though dude, Animal Crossing is so addicting, no matter how old you are its so fun

As for the baseball game I think you may be talking about The Bigs or something. I am sure the new one will make good use of the controls, look at the other EA sports games.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Ads