LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    its not that developers got a late start..its the fact that a lot of 3rd party developers have there engines graphically way to high for the wii ..its actually easier for them to make the inrense graphic game then it is for a game on the wii, they gave to down grade in order to make a game.. like the article i posted above says "the wii is nothing more then an advanced gamecube".
    You have an interesting point, Bliss. I have been thinking for a while now that Nintendo may have made a grave error in making the wii so underpowered compared to the PS3 and 360. I look in Game Informer and notice that game development for those two systems are well underway with top notch graphics and stories, while wii develpment is very scarce and of low quality.

I notice that most game developers see the wii as a kids toy and thus make games aimed at kids that comprise little effort and story, while the other two gaming platforms are seen as real gaming machines aimed at adults and thus they get quality games for them.

Every wii owner should take this as a slap in the face cuz it shows an attitude twards us that is comtemptable> Every poorly made port and quickly cobbled together game is an insult to our intelligence and ability to appreciate good quality in games. I think this is so cuz the game makers see the wii as a toy, a toy parents buy thier kids, a toy that developers feel that they can toss movie games on and a few low guality minigames and parents will eat it up, after all, they are shopping for thier kids, they don't know much about gaming in general, they ain't gonna be able to destinguish tween a good games and crap.

No wonder kids and others want a 360. They want to be takes seriously as a gamer and consumer of their product and the 360 and PS3 both satisfy this need quite nicely.

This negative image is now self perpetuating. People go to a game store, look at what is avalible on the wii; ports of games from older systems, party games, minni games and movie adaptations in brightly colored boxes and go, "gag" and turn away in disgust. I know I have reacted with disgust and disapointment when I look at what is mostly avialible for the wii, compared to whats on and is comming to the other systems.

AS a wii owner I want to be taken seriously, I want developers to think of me as a discriminating consumer of their products and make games of high quality for the wii. But it comes all the way back to why I responded to you in the first place; why development for the wii has been scarce and of low quality. That the wii is too "weak" to be taken seriously by a lot of people, developers and consumers alike.
    Last edited by romj; 12-01-2007 at 05:44 AM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by $J-MONEY$
    Ok I sat down with the Wii for a good bit tonight and I enjoyed it a lot more than the first outing. Im getting used to it a bit more, but the pointing seems a bit lacking in accuracy for me. I was one of the top CTF players in UT way back when with KB/mouse. Im just establishing a reference of my hand/eye coordination and not bragging. Im not nearly that good with the remote, but can my skills be improved, or is the fact that the remote is IR based aiming will there always be dead band, and lag? I really can play FPS games!

My Wii runs though a 50" Samsung DLP TV. It just seems like the remote trails behind a bit and is slow movement wise for me. Its not as connected like my mouse is and Im not expecting it to be that perfect. I hope Ill get better the more I use it. Im not abandoning the Wii, but I can already see lots of room for improvement! Thats for another thread though!
    I think your wiimote settings aren't calibrated properly. You can adjust the wiimote sensitivity and speed in the wii setting menue. I hope this helps the lag you noticed. Plus your distance from the tv and where the sensor bar is put may effect how the pointer works, you will see that in the setting menue also.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by romj
    You have an interesting point, Bliss. I have been thinking for a while now that Nintendo may have made a grave error in making the wii so underpowered compared to the PS3 and 360. I look in Game Informer and notice that game development for those two systems are well underway with top notch graphics and stories, while wii develpment is very scarce and of low quality.

I notice that most game developers see the wii as a kids toy and thus make games aimed at kids that comprise little effort and story, while the other two gaming platforms are seen as real gaming machines aimed at adults and thus they get quality games for them.

Every wii owner should take this as a slap in the face cuz it shows an attitude twards us that is comtemptable> Every poorly made port and quickly cobbled together game is an insult to our intelligence and ability to appreciate good quality in games. I think this is so cuz the game makers see the wii as a toy, a toy parents buy thier kids, a toy that developers feel that they can toss movie games on and a few low guality minigames and parents will eat it up, after all, they are shopping for thier kids, they don't know much about gaming in general, they ain't gonna be able to destinguish tween a good games and crap.

No wonder kids and others want a 360. They want to be takes seriously as a gamer and consumer of their product and the 360 and PS3 both satisfy this need quite nicely.

This negative image is now self perpetuating. People go to a game store, look at what is avalible on the wii; ports of games from older systems, party games, minni games and movie adaptations in brightly colored boxes and go, "gag" and turn away in disgust. I know I have reacted with disgust and disapointment when I look at what is mostly avialible for the wii, compared to whats on and is comming to the other systems.

AS a wii owner I want to be taken seriously, I want developers to think of me as a discriminating consumer of their products and make games of high quality for the wii. But it comes all the way back to why I responded to you in the first place; why development for the wii has been scarce and of low quality. That the wii is too "weak" to be taken seriously by a lot of people, developers and consumers alike.
    you hit the nail right on the head, thats what i been tryin to say this whole time, but in not so many words...i agree with u 100% on everything u said..and i hope someone 3rd party or not take that step forward into taking the wii seriously...

Member #
    Friends
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    I hope the Wii won't be the Gamecube #2... but I have a funny feeling...
    "My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my Charizard."

XBOX 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii owner.

Member #
    Friends
    0376-6435-4668-9489
    they need to be releasing things like halo and assasins creed and games like that........its all kids games (nutin rong wit tat)
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-

~Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~

Member #
    Friends
    in my opinion, wii won't fail!

we already have some 3rd party suppot......so many new wii games in just a year!! much more awesome games to come.....!!

Member #
    Friends
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    Quote Originally Posted by oxhaker
    they need to be releasing things like halo and assasins creed and games like that........its all kids games (nutin rong wit tat)
    Microsoft owns Halo so I highly doubt it'll ever be on the Wii.

As for Assassins Creed and other PS3/360 games, unless graphics were toned down a lot they probably wouldn't run on the Wii anyway - and if graphics and complexity of the gameplay were toned down for the Wii, we just have another crappy port.
    "My Pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my Charizard."

XBOX 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii owner.

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by romj

WOW dude verry well said exp about the smack in the face its what ive been trying to say about the games on the wii forever, but nobody wants to listen. They treat the wii gamers like they are kids and people without the know how to play games. Thus they just keep making crap and thus the not knowing parent, or gamer keeps buying it. Yes the casual gamers bumped your sells but its the real gamers and nintendo fans that are what kept you in the race in the first place. I for one am not satisfied when the console i know has great potential gets filled with crap and every one wants to say oh its ok look how many wii's they sold. Yea they get rich while you get to play crap. How much they sold isn't benefiting you, so stop caring so much about how much they sold. Start caring about how much longer you have to put up with kid, and crap games on your system before they do something about it.

Today i just went to the game store to get a game for the wii because its been neglected these last few weeks because of COD4 and its a shame the crap that is out. The only good games are games that have already been out for months, and the one game that was even worth considering even though i realy didnt want it was galaxy, so i just sighed and picked it up.
    Last edited by yungblood6; 12-02-2007 at 04:06 AM.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    you hit the nail right on the head, thats what i been tryin to say this whole time, but in not so many words...i agree with u 100% on everything u said..and i hope someone 3rd party or not take that step forward into taking the wii seriously...
    Me too Bliss! But after reading and obeserving a few wii news and gaming sites over the last few days, I have come to the conclusion that me and you both are gonna have to wait for a while longer!

I for one and getting rightly pissed off at the shit that's being thrown on the wii! God almighty! The graphics in these games! I rather be looking at vomit that that crap! Don't even get me started on somma the senarioes and play machanics in these new coming games! What the hell are these developers thinking!?!?

I swear, it like these companies put their lowest teir teams on making games for the wii, and put thier top teir teams on the XBOX360 and the Playstation 3. The overall quality of these games are MILES above the wii. It is soo irritating! (I have my own personal theory about why, but I'll post that somewheres esle.)

People asked if the wii is in danger of repeating the gamecube. I see this as a valid question now. If the developers don't get their asses in gear, that yes, the wii will go down in flames like a firework, burning brightly and prettily and that nothing.

People ain't gonna put up with this to much longer! That is why they come on wii sites, expressing their disapointment with the quality of games on the wii, wanting to sell it cuz they are bored outta their minds with it. I can't help but think they feel a bit insulted and cheated also. I know I do and I love the wii! After all a consumer wants to be taken seriously, not expected to eat garbage and like it.

The wii could be somehing great, but it might not get that chance cuz of it not being seen as a valid gaming machine, and that is tragic for us consumers. Yes it sells well, but will people continue to play it? Cuz in the end, a games machine is as good as the games made for it.

The thing that bugs me is that good games CAN be made for it, Super Mario Galaxy proves this. You said that you hope a third party will some how, some way make a game that will show they take the wii seriously. I hope so too, cuz Nintendo had already done it and nonna these third parties are listening. We will just have to wait and see.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    WOW dude verry well said exp about the smack in the face its what ive been trying to say about the games on the wii forever, but nobody wants to listen. They treat the wii gamers like they are kids and people without the know how to play games. Thus they just keep making crap and thus the not knowing parent, or gamer keeps buying it. Yes the casual gamers bumped your sells but its the real gamers and nintendo fans that are what kept you in the race in the first place. I for one am not satisfied when the console i know has great potential gets filled with crap and every one wants to say oh its ok look how many wii's they sold. Yea they get rich while you get to play crap. How much they sold isn't benefiting you, so stop caring so much about how much they sold. Start caring about how much longer you have to put up with kid, and crap games on your system before they do something about it.

Today i just went to the game store to get a game for the wii because its been neglected these last few weeks because of COD4 and its a shame the crap that is out. The only good games are games that have already been out for months, and the one game that was even worth considering even though i realy didnt want it was galaxy, so i just sighed and picked it up.
    Hell yeah, Youngblood6! Sales don't mean shit if the games on the system are shit! What the wii needs is SUSTAINING power, and it sure as hell ain't gonna get it with the puke crap that being made for it now! There was a poll done, it was revealed that 67% of wii owners DO NOT play the wii no more! Wow, I wonder why?

Go read what I said to bliss above you, cuz I think you would like it too.
    Last edited by romj; 12-03-2007 at 02:51 AM.

Ads