LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 306
  1. #281
    Get Money Dummy yungblood6's Avatar
    Member #
    34300
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    383
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Considering I have played all of the various versions of online I don't see how I can show favoritism to the Wii. All I said was that Xbox live really isn't leaps and bounds over Wii's online or the Ps3's for that matter. Its better, but its not really really better.
    DUDE are you serious, i can not respect any thing else you said because of this comment. I love all three of my systems but any body with a brain can see that live is a better online experience then the other two by leaps and bounds.

    Communicate with other gamers while playing differnt games, or while playing the same game.

    Video chat with people from around the world

    Demos, preview vids, Betas, arcade, online rentals of movies, tv shows and independent exclusives, along with ability to purchase.

    Better servers, more people, most games support online

    Expand your game experience with content downloads that give you extra maps, weapons, cars, even expansion packs

    To say that its not that much better than the wii's and ps3's online was a little retarted even for you. Even the most die hard nintendo fan cant argue with that.

    Its exactly what T9 said i agree, you just cant see what wrong with the wii and every time some one says something bad about it you and your friends have to comment on why its better than the 360, or ps3 thats fanboyism i can talk bad or good about the wii without even having to refernce the other two, i also can talk good or bad just by comparing it to nintendos other consoles. I don't agree with every thing that T9 says but he hit that one on the money.
    Last edited by yungblood6; 12-07-2007 at 12:20 AM.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

  2. #282
    WiiChat Member WiitnessID's Avatar
    Member #
    40057
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    452
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    DUDE are you serious, i can not respect any thing else you said because of this comment. I love all three of my systems but any body with a brain can see that live is a better online experience then the other two by leaps and bounds.

    Communicate with other gamers while playing different games, or while playing the same game.

    Video chat with people from around the world

    Demos, preview vids, Betas, arcade, online rentals of movies, tv shows and independent exclusives, along with ability to purchase.

    Better servers, more people, most games support online

    Expand your game experience with content downloads that give you extra maps, weapons, cars, even expansion packs

    To say that its not that much better than the wii's and ps3's online was a little retarded even for you. Even the most die hard nintendo fan cant argue with that.(words spell checked)

    Isn't that just his preference? I always mute VOIP chat in my PC games and I never pad of add on stuff for games unless it is a sequel or a real episode. The only thing I would want is more betas and a HD! Also too it's free so you get what you pay for I guess.

    Also too there is no way and hell the Wii is going to repeat the GC. They are nothing alike. As soon as the current wave of software reaches bargain bin prices you will see another surge. Yet the Casual gaming idea is pushing system almost as good as SONY buy a dvd player plan, if not better since people are buying this solely to game be it casual or not.

    Also too as illustrated here in the thread there is a big divide in the current hardcore gamer. that is not good for the current hardcore only systems. Releasing one type of game actually causes the other not to like the system. thats a real power struggle. the more tolerant the over all gamers are the better off the system will do as a whole it seems. There is the I'm a cooler gamer than you causing a lot of static online right now. These are the guys that have to have a HD system or a PC. I have a PC but I'm over my self and most of the gimmicks you guys like. Graphics are great but some stuff is getting boring. Yet that effect may take like 3 years or so!

    It almost like there is a realism gamer now and a fantasy gamer in the console world now. Before there where more fantasy gamers. You even got some guys that are trying to put down guys who like fantasy or turn based games. To those guys I hate to break it to you but you are playing a game. It's actually a child's game too. How many squad based FPS will you buy? I have like 7 already and I'm burnt out! I don't want anime art but I do want a lot more creativity! The absolute extreme of these guys are CS players. If you even call you self cloud they will puke on their mouse it seems! These guys have an xbox mostly since FF is going to be a big game on the PS3.

    This same divide is what pretty much turned PC gaming into to all FPS or WOW games. The thing that keep me gaming was the open-ness of console gaming. I've played in ranked matches for money and I still do yet I still remember and love all the games I played before I got there. Just remember These are still games you are playing and there is not that much manly about them. You can dislike some thing all you want but gaming is much bigger than one preference. I'm a little tired of the online ranks with in the FPS scene. i go there to get a quick fix and keep my skills up but if any thing i feel as if nintendo has made the better choice by getting these type of gamers off the system. It's not the violence that is a problem, it's the discus of getting owned by some one during a match and that vengeful state of pay back.

    If you look at the system sales of by way of a fan boys eyes you get the same feeling! You ask your self how is my team getting beat! WTF is going on!
    It's like saying some one got a lucky shot in a online game yet he keeps hitting you but you have the advantage some how yet it does not matter. You think he's got to be cheating! AIMbot! The Wii is like that right now. It can't last as every one you know doesn't like it. Thanks to how nintendo has design this system you will have no reason to not like it as soon as 20 million Wiis are shipped because it will not matter what it did in the past as developers Will make games for it now. Tactics far out way perception! This is what SONY had in it's favor for the PS brand up until now. The only gamer nintendo is going to really miss is the hardcore realism guys. I'm sure most gamers will not miss them either, unless you need some one to shoot at.

    So on that that note let me play some Enemy territory!

  3. #283
    Get Money Dummy yungblood6's Avatar
    Member #
    34300
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    383
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by WiitnessID
    Isn't that just his preference? I always mute VOIP chat in my PC games and I never pad of add on stuff for games unless it is a sequel or a real episode. The only thing I would want is more betas and a HD! Also too it's free so you get what you pay for I guess.

    Also too there is no way and hell the Wii is going to repeat the GC. They are nothing alike. As soon as the current wave of software reaches bargain bin prices you will see another surge. Yet the Casual gaming idea is pushing system almost as good as SONY buy a dvd player plan, if not better since people are buying this solely to game be it casual or not.

    Also too as illustrated here in the thread there is a big divide in the current hardcore gamer. that is not good for the current hardcore only systems. Releasing one type of game actually causes the other not to like the system. thats a real power struggle. the more tolerant the over all gamers are the better off the system will do as a whole it seems. There is the I'm a cooler gamer than you causing a lot of static online right now. These are the guys that have to have a HD system or a PC. I have a PC but I'm over my self and most of the gimmicks you guys like. Graphics are great but some stuff is getting boring. Yet that effect may take like 3 years or so!

    It almost like there is a realism gamer now and a fantasy gamer in the console world now. Before there where more fantasy gamers. You even got some guys that are trying to put down guys who like fantasy or turn based games. To those guys I hate to break it to you but you are playing a game. It's actually a child's game too. How many squad based FPS will you buy? I have like 7 already and I'm burnt out! I don't want anime art but I do want a lot more creativity! The absolute extreme of these guys are CS players. If you even call you self cloud they will puke on their mouse it seems! These guys have an xbox mostly since FF is going to be a big game on the PS3.

    This same divide is what pretty much turned PC gaming into to all FPS or WOW games. The thing that keep me gaming was the open-ness of console gaming. I've played in ranked matches for money and I still do yet I still remember and love all the games I played before I got there. Just remember These are still games you are playing and there is not that much manly about them. You can dislike some thing all you want but gaming is much bigger than one preference. I'm a little tired of the online ranks with in the FPS scene. i go there to get a quick fix and keep my skills up but if any thing i feel as if nintendo has made the better choice by getting these type of gamers off the system. It's not the violence that is a problem, it's the discus of getting owned by some one during a match and that vengeful state of pay back.

    If you look at the system sales of by way of a fan boys eyes you get the same feeling! You ask your self how is my team getting beat! WTF is going on!
    It's like saying some one got a lucky shot in a online game yet he keeps hitting you but you have the advantage some how yet it does not matter. You think he's got to be cheating! AIMbot! The Wii is like that right now. It can't last as every one you know doesn't like it. Thanks to how nintendo has design this system you will have no reason to not like it as soon as 20 million Wiis are shipped because it will not matter what it did in the past as developers Will make games for it now. Tactics far out way perception! This is what SONY had in it's favor for the PS brand up until now. The only gamer nintendo is going to really miss is the hardcore realism guys. I'm sure most gamers will not miss them either, unless you need some one to shoot at.

    So on that that note let me play some Enemy territory!
    So basicaly what you are trying to say is that all 360 has is Fps? If thats what you are saying i realy think you need to take a bigger look and not follow the croud just because halo, and gears where best sellers doesn't mean thats all thats on 360 thats just like saying all nintendo is, is kid games and girly rpgs but thats not true. Thats the exact same thing people where saying about pc gamers but as we know thats not true either.

    What are you talking about i don't care that nintendo is on top its about time they steped it up and stop letting rookies in the buisness bully them around.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HARD CORE DOES NOT MEAN YOU WANT A SERIOUS GAME OR A SHOOTER, OR A GAME WITH BLOOD, IT MEANS YOU WANT A GAME THAT WAS WELL THOUGHT, PLANED OUT, AND HAS INNOVATION TO IT, NOT QUICK CASH IN BULL SHIT THAT TAKES NO EFFORT TO MAKE. Since when have you seen a company put out 12 games in a year? That is unheard of and pure crap. games that take a month to make arent good good games.

    Like i have said too many times before games like my katamari, little big planet, Phsyconauts, fable, Phantasy star, final fantasy, Ninja gaiden, I could keep going, these are games that arent shooters and most don't have blood that are loved by hardcore gamers because they have thought put into them, good developement, great gameplay, new type of gameplay , and nice graphics even the ones that are on an older system. Show me a game other then those made by nintendo themselves that can compare to that. Thats what the wii is missing the whole thing it was trying to do in the first place be innovating.

    also stop thinking that nintendo is the only one catering to the whole casual crowd because the gaming industry as a whole is catering to this bullshit. Its just that the other consoles have a better balance of it then nintendo does.
    Last edited by yungblood6; 12-07-2007 at 03:00 AM.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

  4. #284
    Senior Member CantGetAWii's Avatar
    Member #
    9325
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WiiChat
    Posts
    6,418
    Friends
    33
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    So basicaly what you are trying to say is that all 360 has is Fps? If thats what you are saying i realy think you need to take a bigger look and not follow the croud just because halo, and gears where best sellers doesn't mean thats all thats on 360 thats just like saying all nintendo is, is kid games and girly rpgs but thats not true. Thats the exact same thing people where saying about pc gamers but as we know thats not true either.

    What are you talking about i don't care that nintendo is on top its about time they steped it up and stop letting rookies in the buisness bully them around.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HARD CORE DOES NOT MEAN YOU WANT A SERIOUS GAME OR A SHOOTER, OR A GAME WITH BLOOD, IT MEANS YOU WANT A GAME THAT WAS WELL THOUGHT, PLANED OUT, AND HAS INNOVATION TO IT, NOT QUICK CASH IN BULL SHIT THAT TAKES NO EFFORT TO MAKE. Since when have you seen a company put out 12 games in a year? That is unheard of and pure crap. games that take a month to make arent good good games.

    Like i have said too many times before games like my katamari, little big planet, Phsyconauts, fable, Phantasy star, final fantasy, Ninja gaiden, I could keep going, these are games that arent shooters and most don't have blood that are loved by hardcore gamers because they have thought put into them, good developement, great gameplay, new type of gameplay , and nice graphics even the ones that are on an older system. Show me a game other then those made by nintendo themselves that can compare to that. Thats what the wii is missing the whole thing it was trying to do in the first place be innovating.

    also stop thinking that nintendo is the only one catering to the whole casual crowd because the gaming industry as a whole is catering to this bullshit. Its just that the other consoles have a better balance of it then nintendo does.
    I didn't want to bother with the other thing you posted about the online.

    This though may have been as bad as my comment online.
    If anything the Wii has over the other consoles is the edge in the casual gamers, with releases of games like Wii Play etc. Not to mention the simplicity of using the Wiimote.

    Ps3 and 360 don't appeal to casual gamers really there bud.
    But I don't know why you would want to argue that anyways..because your always complaining about the casual stuff and what not, and how Nintendo has to stop doing so much of it.

    CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner


    'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'


    Retired Moderator-[PM]


    Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

  5. #285
    Get Money Dummy yungblood6's Avatar
    Member #
    34300
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    383
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    I didn't want to bother with the other thing you posted about the online.

    This though may have been as bad as my comment online.
    If anything the Wii has over the other consoles is the edge in the casual gamers, with releases of games like Wii Play etc. Not to mention the simplicity of using the Wiimote.

    Ps3 and 360 don't appeal to casual gamers really there bud.
    But I don't know why you would want to argue that anyways..because your always complaining about the casual stuff and what not, and how Nintendo has to stop doing so much of it.
    you said it right there at the end they are doing too much of it. im sorry but it is too much. and all its doing is promoting simplicity, and laxy developement. then the next few years you are going to look up and all the games we play on any system are going to be dumbed down simple games, that have no thought put into it, and no innovation. Im sorry but casual gamers are a nice addition to the industry but at the same time they are a virus, because they think casual gamers cant learn how to play a game unless its simple and thoughtless. im sorry but when i was a kid i lost at mario alot it wasnt till i was a little older that i started to learn how to beat it, but it made me apreciate the game. that game till this day has more innovation and difficulty than any thing out on the wii. and if us beginner gamers can learn to play those game they can learn to play the games of today with out reducing the industry to a dumbed down state of gaming.
    I don't want you to hate your wii but i want wii owners to stop purchasing bull shit because it looks pretty in a box, or the preveiws make it look cool. have some pride in yourself and don't settle for crap just cause its whats out. Just look at the state of gaming when a free game has more innovation than the ones you pay for.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

  6. #286
    WiiChat Member raisinghelen's Avatar
    Member #
    19621
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,052
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    Like i have said too many times before games like my katamari, little big planet, Phsyconauts, fable, Phantasy star, final fantasy, Ninja gaiden, I could keep going, these are games that arent shooters and most don't have blood that are loved by hardcore gamers because they have thought put into them, good developement, great gameplay, new type of gameplay , and nice graphics even the ones that are on an older system. Show me a game other then those made by nintendo themselves that can compare to that. Thats what the wii is missing the whole thing it was trying to do in the first place be innovating.
    Trauma Center has all of those things, in fact it probably has more innovation as its a total motion game that couldn't be done on any other console (except DS).

    Zack & Wiki would be another, while point and click adventures have been plentiful on PC they have not been on consoles.

    MOH: Heroes 2, just another FPS right? Mostly perhaps, but it is innovating in its control schemes. Not only does it have what many rate as the best FPS controls anywhere it also has controls that can be totally customised unlike any console FPS before it.

    You complain about people sticking up for the Wii but what do you expect on a Wii forum? Most people dont come here because they hate the Wii, they come because they like it. All you ever do is bash the Wii and proclaim what a hard on you have for the 360, well good for you but just because you dont like Wii dosent mean that other people have to feel the same way. If they are happy and having fun playing Wii then nothing you say will really change that.

  7. #287
    WiiChat Member Bliss's Avatar
    Member #
    32974
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,532
    Friends
    29
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen
    You complain about people sticking up for the Wii but what do you expect on a Wii forum? Most people dont come here because they hate the Wii, they come because they like it. All you ever do is bash the Wii and proclaim what a hard on you have for the 360, well good for you but just because you dont like Wii dosent mean that other people have to feel the same way. If they are happy and having fun playing Wii then nothing you say will really change that.
    no one here is bashing the wii all he and i are stating are the PROBLEMS with the wii and Nintendo themselves..All of u are so sucked into wat Nintendo is feeding you that u are not seeing it for wat it really is. I wouldnt sit here and bash something that i own, only think of ways that they should make it better...and we are not trying to make u feel the sameway, just opening ur eyes...Nintendo can really make the Wii blow up, but to me they arent taking the right steps.

  8. #288
    Get Money Dummy yungblood6's Avatar
    Member #
    34300
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    383
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen
    Trauma Center has all of those things, in fact it probably has more innovation as its a total motion game that couldn't be done on any other console (except DS).

    Zack & Wiki would be another, while point and click adventures have been plentiful on PC they have not been on consoles.

    MOH: Heroes 2, just another FPS right? Mostly perhaps, but it is innovating in its control schemes. Not only does it have what many rate as the best FPS controls anywhere it also has controls that can be totally customised unlike any console FPS before it.

    You complain about people sticking up for the Wii but what do you expect on a Wii forum? Most people dont come here because they hate the Wii, they come because they like it. All you ever do is bash the Wii and proclaim what a hard on you have for the 360, well good for you but just because you dont like Wii dosent mean that other people have to feel the same way. If they are happy and having fun playing Wii then nothing you say will really change that.
    Zack and wiki is still just a puzzle game, moh 2 is a developement nightmare other than the controls and is quite possibley one of the top 10 worst looking games on the wii, trauma center last time i checked it didnt get high praise, nor does it get talked about. but ill give you that one because i didnt play it so i cant knock it if i aint played it. Once again i don't know how many times i have to say this i don't dislike the wii i hate the games. i liked what the wii was going to do even befor it was called the wii i had no idea that they were going to release the load of shit that they want to call games for it, half of these games are knock of of internet point and click games that you can play for free any way.

    So are you saying you have more fun playing those three games than any thing nintendo brought out? if not then you lost the point, then are you saying you have more fun playing and have stayed interested in those three games more than the games i mentioned which happen to be on the top tier games unlike the ones you have mentiond except for zack?
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

  9. #289
    WiiChat Member raisinghelen's Avatar
    Member #
    19621
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,052
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    no one here is bashing the wii all he and i are stating are the PROBLEMS with the wii and Nintendo themselves..All of u are so sucked into wat Nintendo is feeding you that u are not seeing it for wat it really is. I wouldnt sit here and bash something that i own, only think of ways that they should make it better...and we are not trying to make u feel the sameway, just opening ur eyes...Nintendo can really make the Wii blow up, but to me they arent taking the right steps.
    I wasnt referring to you Bliss, our opinions may differ but i can respect your point of view. To be honest what you say there could go both ways and you could take onboard that for some people the Wii is in a better state than you think, just as others can accept that the Wii isnt quite ticking all of your boxes yet.

    Some do only seem to come here to bash the Wii though and they do seem totally biased, which is not constructive at all.

  10. #290
    WiiChat Member Bliss's Avatar
    Member #
    32974
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,532
    Friends
    29
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen
    I wasnt referring to you Bliss, our opinions may differ but i can respect your point of view. To be honest what you say there could go both ways and you could take onboard that for some people the Wii is in a better state than you think, just as others can accept that the Wii isnt quite ticking all of your boxes yet.

    Some do only seem to come here to bash the Wii though and they do seem totally biased, which is not constructive at all.
    i respect u also, i respect anyone i talk to, i love to hear people views on things and compare them to mine...thats how u learn...but i think some people just get tired of sayin the samething over and over again and no one is listening, then when that happens ofcourse people are gonna blow up and start saying negative things...i mean if i calmly came out and said my views on the wii and they were negative but im not a "wii hater" then i would be thrown to the dogs (as i have by some people)...a lot of people only want to hear what they want to hear..esp. on this site.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

wii in danger

Click on a term to search for related topics.