LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ally_uk
    Wii in danger of repeating the Gamecube?
    OMG.....this thread is pointless!!

wii sold over 600 000 last week, and it increase even more until christmas!!

you know what will happen if this continues until christmas???
    this means GAME OVER for xbox360 and ps3!!! WII will rock you!!

ps: well, mayby is not the end for ps3, but for xbox360.... ;p

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by lenitao3
    OMG.....this thread is pointless!!

wii sold over 600 000 last week, and it increase even more until christmas!!

you know what will happen if this continues until christmas???
    this means GAME OVER for xbox360 and ps3!!! WII will rock you!!

ps: well, mayby is not the end for ps3, but for xbox360.... ;p
    the console war is FAR from over...it only has just begun

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    the console war is FAR from over...it only has just begun
    that's true, but xbox360 is last in sales in most places.....so if nothing better occurs in this christmas...i'm very afraid that it will fail....

ps3 has started to pass xbox360 in europe..that's good for ps3 and very bad for xbox360...

anyway, wii is on the top....and it won't be easy to be defeated!!
    (remember that no mario cart wii, super smash brawl or wii fit is out yet!!)

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by lenitao3
    that's true, but xbox360 is last in sales in most places.....so if nothing better occurs in this christmas...i'm very afraid that it will fail....

ps3 has started to pass xbox360 in europe..that's good for ps3 and very bad for xbox360...

anyway, wii is on the top....and it won't be easy to be defeated!!
    (remember that no mario cart wii, super smash brawl or wii fit is out yet!!)
    very true, but also got to put into mind that playstations top game for the ps2 hasnt dropped yet for the ps3 which is socom...all in all though is gonna be almost impossible to catch the wii if it keeps up at this rate..and as for xbox they are pretty much done, they dropped there main featured game (halo 3) and still find themselves at the bottom.

Member #
    Friends
    so ur tellin me without 3rd party help u will be content with ur wii? Not me. There is no way i am goin to sit there and play "kiddie" games everyday cuz we all know thats wat nintendo is known for. and not all video game systems are fads...take the ps2 for example i can bet any amount of money that people who have one are still playing theres..i know i am.... i just find this funny cuz im having the same debate in 2 different threads...but if u go to the other thread i think its call where is the 3rd party love or something i quoted Miyamoto and he stated how the Wii IS the gamecube.

This is exactly why I'm selling my Wii. I thought it would be super sweet, but I now realize that kiddie games is all that I would have access to. I'm 24 and I don't want that. Nintendo thinks all of its users are 13 year olds and makes any type of online use a challenge. If the Wii had better internet stuff I think I would like it more. Maybe I'm bailing ship too early with WiiWare coming out... but I look at the other consoles and they seem to be more up my alley.

I'm looking at the Xbox Elite with 120gb Hdd and Wireless Headset.

My Wii for sale:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300176974314
    No Advertising

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by player911m
    This is exactly why I'm selling my Wii. I thought it would be super sweet, but I now realize that kiddie games is all that I would have access to. I'm 24 and I don't want that. Nintendo thinks all of its users are 13 year olds and makes any type of online use a challenge. If the Wii had better internet stuff I think I would like it more. Maybe I'm bailing ship too early with WiiWare coming out... but I look at the other consoles and they seem to be more up my alley.

I'm looking at the Xbox Elite with 120gb Hdd and Wireless Headset.

My Wii for sale:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300176974314
    well im glad u agree with me, BUT i wouldnt go as far as selling my Wii, see i've been a gamer for 25 yrs (since i was born) and i have never sold any system that i have had, yes nintendo has let us older, violent gamers down but i will stand by it.....but just play my ps3 more

Member #
    Friends
    well im glad u agree with me, BUT i wouldnt go as far as selling my Wii, see i've been a gamer for 25 yrs (since i was born) and i have never sold any system that i have had, yes nintendo has let us older, violent gamers down but i will stand by it.....but just play my ps3 more
    I dont see how Nintendo has let older violent gamers down. If you have ever owned a Nintendo system before you should know that their own games are not like that. Its like going to see a PG movie and then complaining that it didnt have full frontal nudity.

Again i have to say that there are a lot of mature and violent third party games on Wii. At one point every single Wii game i owned was M rated except for Zelda TP.

Some are actually more violent because of the motion control involved (Godfather for example) and the recent Manhunt 2 controversy has highlighted this to the point where some officials (i only remember Hillary Clintons name out of those involved) want stricter ratings for such games on Wii.

Basically if the Wii had HD graphics and motion controlled violence then it probably would be harder to get a mature rated game on the system than it would be on 360 or PS3 as a punching or stabbing motion is more violent than simply pressing a button.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen
    I dont see how Nintendo has let older violent gamers down. If you have ever owned a Nintendo system before you should know that their own games are not like that. Its like going to see a PG movie and then complaining that it didnt have full frontal nudity.

Again i have to say that there are a lot of mature and violent third party games on Wii. At one point every single Wii game i owned was M rated except for Zelda TP.

Some are actually more violent because of the motion control involved (Godfather for example) and the recent Manhunt 2 controversy has highlighted this to the point where some officials (i only remember Hillary Clintons name out of those involved) want stricter ratings for such games on Wii.

Basically if the Wii had HD graphics and motion controlled violence then it probably would be harder to get a mature rated game on the system than it would be on 360 or PS3 as a punching or stabbing motion is more violent than simply pressing a button.
    damn u just love to argue with me ...well yes i have every nintendo system made to be honest and i know nintendo isnt a system for the violent gamer BUT dont u think that times would change? atleast incorperate 35% of ur titles, now im not saying straight up gun slinger type games, just something with a lil more edge to it...I mean i would have thought they learned from the gamecube to bring more titles along those lines to the wii, i mean hey it works for ps and xbox, granted they are behind in the console war, but think about it if nintendo brought there own version of halo or socom to the wii, shit they would be kings for yrs and yrs to come.

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    damn u just love to argue with me ...well yes i have every nintendo system made to be honest and i know nintendo isnt a system for the violent gamer BUT dont u think that times would change? atleast incorperate 35% of ur titles, now im not saying straight up gun slinger type games, just something with a lil more edge to it...I mean i would have thought they learned from the gamecube to bring more titles along those lines to the wii, i mean hey it works for ps and xbox, granted they are behind in the console war, but think about it if nintendo brought there own version of halo or socom to the wii, shit they would be kings for yrs and yrs to come.
    Nintendo hasn't forgotten about the older gamer, there are plenty of gritty, violent games out there for you. But you just have to buy them. Don't just go out and buy a bunch of "E" rated games and then wonder why your collection isn't spilling blood. Nintendo may not have the goriest game library around, but they have far from forgotten about you.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper
    Nintendo hasn't forgotten about the older gamer, there are plenty of gritty, violent games out there for you. But you just have to buy them. Don't just go out and buy a bunch of "E" rated games and then wonder why your collection isn't spilling blood. Nintendo may not have the goriest game library around, but they have far from forgotten about you.
    there really isnt...only, RE, MOH, Manhunt 2...cant think of them all right now, but its very slim like my library.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Ads