LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 306
  1. #81
    WiiChat Member JeremyGTS's Avatar
    Member #
    8880
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    368
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    what i find funny about the whole console war is if the PS3 were on top and xbox/wii were fighting it out everyone would have already declared the PS3 the victor along time ago.. but since its Ninty on top people are trying to prolong the "war" as long as they can, sorry nintendo will not be topped any time soon...

    and wii is far from the same path as GC even it was id still be happy cause i liked the GC it has better graphics and hardware than ps2 and i liked the games better... i still have a ps2 and since i got the wii its been in the closet ever since taking up space actually so not everyone is playing their ps2s still only reason i bought a ps2 was for GT3/GT4 other than that its crap!

  2. #82
    WiiChat Member Bliss's Avatar
    Member #
    32974
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,532
    Friends
    29
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyGTS
    i liked the GC it has better graphics and hardware than ps2 and i liked the games better...
    WHAT?!?!? i wont even comment on that one..that is just not knowing anything!!!

    Ok now im gonna have to agree with youngblood here...yes even though a video GAME console is and should be about gaming, but the PS3 and 360 take it to a WHOLE other level, with the voice and video chat, i mean damn the wii is stuck with the friend code bs that u dont even want to talk to people on it cuz its to much of a hassle. and 2nd i do believe that it is way to early to consider the wii down and out since most 3rd party developers arent prepared for the wii since they didnt think it would thrive like this..BUT NINTENDO THEMSELVES NEED TO STEP UP..this is there system and they know what and it can do and wat it cant do.

    By the way...i love this thread, such a great debate on everyones end

  3. #83
    WiiChat Member LoganSix's Avatar
    Member #
    22526
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    320
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    ...yes even though a video GAME console is and should be about gaming, but the PS3 and 360 take it to a WHOLE other level, with the voice and video chat...
    I'm sorry, but that other level is what PC gamers have been experiencing for years. All the PS3 and 360 are doing is creating semi-upgradeable PC's. Is it the goal for gaming consoles to emulate PC's/DVD players/Home Entertainment Systems?

    The current issue with PC's is that you are stuck with the block. You can only add and upgrade so many times until the block needs to replaced. Entertainment should be component based. Your movie playing, video recording, gaming, music listening should be separate, but compatible with each other.

    I will give you that it would be nice to have chat features on the Wii. But, the Wii uses Bluetooth to communicate with the remotes. That means, it could easily use Bluetooth headsets for talking. It's just not implemented, just like the microphone in the remote. Why hasn't Nintendo implemented that feature? Who knows, maybe they want to give 3rd parties a chance. Or maybe they want to roll things out slowly so that people are more and more interested in coming back to their gaming console. Nintendo pushed an upgrade that allowed us to use the keyboard in the web browser, it could do the same for a headset.

    The interaction with the Wii is what is innovative and what sets it apart. Take "Rock Star" for example. In order to play it on the 360, PC, or PS3 you will need to buy multiple accessories to play each instrument. Then you have to attach those instruments to the console. The Wii remote can already be a drum, tambourine, harmonica (not 100%), put the chuck and remote together and you have a trombone, cymbals, base drum, trumpet, violin. That's innovation.

    When the WiiBoard comes out, those people who like playing skating games will have a new way to play. Or, since it can tell if you squat down or stand up, imagine being able to duck down to hide during a fire fight. Jump on a vehicle and steering with your body movements. That's innovation.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

    Do you Wii-B-q?

  4. #84
    WiiChat Member Bliss's Avatar
    Member #
    32974
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,532
    Friends
    29
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganSix
    I'm sorry, but that other level is what PC gamers have been experiencing for years. All the PS3 and 360 are doing is creating semi-upgradeable PC's. Is it the goal for gaming consoles to emulate PC's/DVD players/Home Entertainment Systems?

    The current issue with PC's is that you are stuck with the block. You can only add and upgrade so many times until the block needs to replaced. Entertainment should be component based. Your movie playing, video recording, gaming, music listening should be separate, but compatible with each other.

    I will give you that it would be nice to have chat features on the Wii. But, the Wii uses Bluetooth to communicate with the remotes. That means, it could easily use Bluetooth headsets for talking. It's just not implemented, just like the microphone in the remote. Why hasn't Nintendo implemented that feature? Who knows, maybe they want to give 3rd parties a chance. Or maybe they want to roll things out slowly so that people are more and more interested in coming back to their gaming console. Nintendo pushed an upgrade that allowed us to use the keyboard in the web browser, it could do the same for a headset.

    The interaction with the Wii is what is innovative and what sets it apart. Take "Rock Star" for example. In order to play it on the 360, PC, or PS3 you will need to buy multiple accessories to play each instrument. Then you have to attach those instruments to the console. The Wii remote can already be a drum, tambourine, harmonica (not 100%), put the chuck and remote together and you have a trombone, cymbals, base drum, trumpet, violin. That's innovation.

    When the WiiBoard comes out, those people who like playing skating games will have a new way to play. Or, since it can tell if you squat down or stand up, imagine being able to duck down to hide during a fire fight. Jump on a vehicle and steering with your body movements. That's innovation.
    Well i see it as this a PC is a PC and NOOO gamin console can EVER top it, but with the 360 and PS3 people are now getting the feel of PC gaming without the PC...and the whole thing u said about nintendo taking it slow on using a headset and all that..if that is true they are smart and stupid at the sametime, smart cuz the casual, new gamer is always gonna have something new, but on the other hand the "hardcore" gamer, they are losing them, with the PS3 and 360 already a few steps ahead people are gonna go to the console with the most features in the end...granted the Wii is very innovated i will never take that away but it just seems to be moving to slow for me.

  5. #85
    WiiChat Member LoganSix's Avatar
    Member #
    22526
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    320
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliss
    ...people are gonna go to the console with the most features in the end...
    But in the here and now, more people are buying and will continue to buy the Wii.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

    Do you Wii-B-q?

  6. #86
    WiiChat Member LoganSix's Avatar
    Member #
    22526
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    320
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2294-2353-1207-3330
    BTW, I did a software selling simulation in college, even though my group put more virtual money into creating more features for the software, the group with the cheapest software won the simulation.
    Wiiaffied : April 22, 2007
    Accessorwiis : 4 sets of motes and chucks, 2 motionPlus, 1 dance pad, Wii Zapper, colored battery doors, component cables, aluminum travel case
    Gamiis : Wii Sports, Elebits, Big Brain Academy, DDR : Hottest Party, Battalion Wars 2, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, Medal of Honor : Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, Rayman Rabbids TV Party, Tiger Woods 08, EA Sports Active, Game Party 1&2, Punch Out, Wii Sports Resort

    Do you Wii-B-q?

  7. #87
    Holy Trinity of Nintendo devitek's Avatar
    Member #
    33489
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Is "the universe" specific enough?
    Posts
    79
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6202-9304-2933-3293
    A few hours of sleep later, I'm back with some new info.

    http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/200...rline-failure/

    Despite the title, there's some really good points in there.

    ...And let's not forget that shooters are probably more to the taste of U.S. audiences...
    So, I'm guessing that most of the down-talk about the Wii has come from U.S. gamers. Mind you, I'm a U.S. gamer, but I totally don't fit the stereotype.

    But, I love this quote:

    Mind you, he gets brownie points for describing Galaxy as "at least six times better than Halo 3."
    Nice.

    Mario, Zelda, Metroid -- The Holy Trinity of Nintendo


  8. #88
    WiiChat Member Bliss's Avatar
    Member #
    32974
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,532
    Friends
    29
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawVAuto
    Have you ever woke up in the morning, walked past your Wii on your way to grab a bowl of cereal or whatever? Noticed that pulsating glow from the slot? Hmmm... could that be an update?
    sounds like a commerical

  9. #89
    WiiChat Member ShawVAuto's Avatar
    Member #
    8343
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    213
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I know right. I would get the guy from the All-State commercials to read my post. At the end he would say, "That's Nintendo's stand, are you in good hands?"
    Last edited by ShawVAuto; 11-30-2007 at 10:03 AM.

  10. #90
    WiiChat Member JeremyGTS's Avatar
    Member #
    8880
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    368
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    the GC did have better hardware and graphics than PS2 you are just in fanboy denial there... last wave of ps2 games were great looking ill say that but if you run the specs you will see if you even understand... the PS2 was the worst of the 3 in terms of hardware.

    ok lets take a look at the ps2 cpu and gpu.

    CPU 128-bit "Emotion Engine" clocked at 294 MHz
    GPU "Graphics Synthesizer" clocked at 147 MHz

    no look at the GC

    CPU PowerPC Gekko, 485 MHz
    GPU ATI Technologies, 162 MHz

    the gpu is almost double the speed of the PST and the GPU not much difference so how can you tell me in terms of hardware the GC is crap..
    Last edited by JeremyGTS; 11-30-2007 at 12:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

wii in danger

Click on a term to search for related topics.