LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2067-6457-2250-9081
    here we go the "i hate walmart" come out once agian... i just don't get it... why is it exactly that you hate walmart? mind pm'n me and explaining that... cause i'd be glad to set you straight.

now to get back on topic.
    i don't really think its a let down, those giftcards with the wii on them have been around for well actually the first day the wii released, cause i still have mine in my wallet. they are not a placeholder for the wii its simply a giftcard, walmart in no way would hold one for a customer. usually at least at my walmart, we only hold a wii if a customer is at another store and on their way, it would be stupid to hold a wii for someone that called when it would probably sell before they could make it to the store. i worked black friday trust me i know... all i had to do was page out that someone changed there mind on a 388 laptop and wam had people screaming i want it from half way across the store. and i can't tell you how many customers asked us if we had wii's...

all walmart is suggesting is that if you can't find a wii, try a giftcard with a wii on it, a kid will get over it in 5 mins and play with all their other toys they got for xmas... a teenager... would probably be worse about it than a child... and an adult.. well their gonna go out on biggest return day of the year and hope someone returns a unwanted wii lol.

just my .02c
    to much to list.

Member #
    Friends
    terrible idea, it's hard enough finding a wii as it is, but limiting your kid or whoever to only one store? BAD IDEA

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Wow, some of you are really spoiled...

I'd never be disappointed in receiving $250 that I didn't earn.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

Member #
    Friends
    I think its a cool idea. Now all they have to do is look for the Wii. I think if a kid really wanted a Wii, they would be more disappointed if they got a bunch of little toys instead. Or, at least the smart kids would.
    True Eminence Car Club

Sam Houston State University

Member #
    Friends
    2067-6457-2250-9081
    actually its not common knowledge but because i work for walmart i'll go ahead and let you in on this little secret, you can take a giftcard back in return for cash, they don't like to do it, cause then walmart doesn't recieve the money, but it can be done just have to push for it, and explain to a manager the situation.

see, reason walmart is pushing giftcards for the holiday season is because they get 2 sales this way, the giftcard purchase goes on our bottom line profit, and when they spend the gift card that goes on sales and profit. so its a win win for walmart if you purchase a gift card instead of an item. another reason people alot of retailers are offering giftcards, as a result less returns the day after christmas, cause the people get to buy what they wanted the first time instead of returning a unwanted item and getting something different.
    to much to list.

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    but think about it, this gift card idea, can be good AND bad, it really just depends on the age of the person, give it to an adult or teen, theyll most likely like it, "ok, i understand, atleast i know you tried to get me one " that is most likely how they will react, maybe alittle dissapointed, but not a total self esteem destroyer..........

on the other hand....

give it to a young one, maybe 9 under, and theyll hate you, theyll be "what?! santa doesnt love me mom! he brought me a stupid card" and most likely have a temper tantrum.

who ever plans on buying this has to keep in mind who they are giving this to

PSN ID: zapasant93

Ads