LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Wii Fit will be awesome...but I doubt they will stop making Mario zeldo or Metroid games.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    man you people are so insecure about this. nintendo isnt stupid they know that the majority of wii owners are hardcore gamers. no matter how well casual games do, they will never beat sales of the hardcore games nintendo makes.

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by RedProdigy
    Oh please, this sounds like an insecure "hardcore" gamer.

The same Nintendo faithful, that stood by Nintendo through the N64 and Gamecube era, were seemingly shafted for the casual market.

I pretty much stopped taking the article seriously there. I have only seen a few "Nintendo fans" say that so generalizing like that is just completely idiotic and presumptuous. The kind of logic used by the author is nothing new even though it's unfounded. Nintendogs and Brain Age have done quite well on the DS yet we're not drowning in a sea of mini-games and non-games. Then there's the fact that Nintendo doesn't have an incentive to keep making Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Battalion Wars, F-Zero, or maybe even Metroid but it keeps making games for those franchises (idk about F-Zero but it's coming).
    I agree, the DS is an excellent reference point to prove that Nintendo will not forget about the Hardcore Gamer. I believe we should just stop finding shit to complain about and just sit back and enjoy the Wii.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    How many people are going to buy this "Wii Fit"

I first heard about it on youtube, some guy posted the trailer or commercial. I swear I could have died laughing. I dont get how this can sell, except to maybe fat people who like very very casual kiddy games. I dont mean to flame, but it truly is wierd. What happened to the times when the most kiddy game nintendo had was Mario?

Also, I dont really see the hardcore market in Wii, only a small handful. I read an interview of Wii's marketing guy or something. He really seems content with Wii Fit as if its revolutionary.

Where's Starfox?! Why are they ruining the great 2d platformer of Donkey Kong into a stupid racing game? See contra 4 on DS? Please, make one with a great storyline on Wii, graphics isnt everything, they can make it work. I wish to god they make a new Punch Out on Wii, but if they do, they need to think about it and make it actually work right. Alot of Wii games are getting bad reviews because the motion controls are very ****ed up on Wii. WWE 08 got either 3.5 or 4.5 on Wii. NBA Live 08 was worse. Sorry im ranting.

One of the Oceanic 6 TortillaChip520's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    lol sounds a bit like Slippery Slope guy.

i don't think it's gonna be that extreme, don't worry ppl, until it's time to worry.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    teehee, but seriously, wouldnt punch out with like, mario galaxy graphics be damn great? Like, the old over the should view, omg ide piss in my pants. 3d Donkey kong with great gameplay!

Member #
    Friends
    I doubt they would do that to games like Mario and Zelda.

Member #
    Friends
    A load of crap.

I'm looking forward to WiiFit - it can be used for games too - there's a skiing game coming out that utilises it. Sounds kind of good.

Also, I'm hoping it'll keep me from becoming a fat lump of lard during the winter months ( up here in the Great White North, winters are cold )! I'm a lot more active during the summer with paddling, cycling etc - good for keeping in shape ( gyms are boring ).
    Last edited by stewart01; 12-01-2007 at 10:02 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by stewart01
    A load of crap.

I'm looking forward to WiiFit - it can be used for games too - there's a skiing game coming out that utilises it. Sounds kind of good.

Also, I'm hoping it'll keep me from becoming a fat lump of lard during the winter months! I'm a lot of active during the summer with paddling, cycling etc - good for keeping in shape ( gyms are boring ).
    I guess, if you're into a skiing game o.O Its just always been wierd to me, I never saw the entertainment in it. I personally rather go to the gym. But I go with my brothers, so we're basically hanging out.
    Last edited by T3kNi9e; 12-01-2007 at 10:06 PM.

One of the Oceanic 6 TortillaChip520's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    skiing, you mean??

anyways, most ppl who don't go to the gym don't go cuz they lack the money and motivation.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads