Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2067-6457-2250-9081
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Uhh, same thing... the while is just something to let you hold it better. Anyway, thats gonna suck. I hope you can change controls to using the stick.
    i agree u'll be far more competitive using the analog stick over the wheel, but then agian i got pretty good at drifting gt pro series using the wheel. so does that wheel come with mario kart or do you have to purchase it seperatly?
    to much to list.

2. Ads

Hello-Moto/Go Leafs Go!!! wiiman14's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Well if you do get it, the announcer is really annoying and you better get used to the name Ryan Cooper lol.
    Last edited by wiiman14; 12-02-2007 at 08:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wamoo
    Jeez I can see it now......Robo Hookers for 20,000 wii points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    I forgot to say "w00t one year" about a month ago

Member #
    Friends
    2067-6457-2250-9081
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiman14
    Well if you do get it, the anoucer is really ignoing and you better get used to the name Ryan Cooper lol.
    my name is ryan so that shouldn't be to hard, and im sure there is a option to disable the announcer?!?!?! least i'd hope, had to do that in a few motorcycle games were the announcers are just plain annoying.. im about to do that in monster jam if it has the option haven't checked, but hearing... "the worlds most famous monster truck... GRAVE DIGGER" before every race gets annoying or hearing "The only monster truck with 7 championships MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION" each truck has their own announcement before every race so depending on the truck you are it can get very annoying.
    to much to list.

Hello-Moto/Go Leafs Go!!! wiiman14's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by knoxbox
    my name is ryan so that shouldn't be to hard, and im sure there is a option to disable the announcer?!?!?! least i'd hope, had to do that in a few motorcycle games were the announcers are just plain annoying.. im about to do that in monster jam if it has the option haven't checked, but hearing... "the worlds most famous monster truck... GRAVE DIGGER" before every race gets annoying or hearing "The only monster truck with 7 championships MAXIMUM DESTRUCTION" each truck has their own announcement before every race so depending on the truck you are it can get very annoying.
    From what I know, You can't change your name or the announcer voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wamoo
    Jeez I can see it now......Robo Hookers for 20,000 wii points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    I forgot to say "w00t one year" about a month ago

Member #
    Friends
    2067-6457-2250-9081
    hmm so is it more storyline based or is it still like the old carbon just newer stuff?
    to much to list.

Member #
    Friends
    thats for the input i think ill just rent it to see what u guys r talking about

Member #
    Friends
    2067-6457-2250-9081
    Quote Originally Posted by cesc04
    thats for the input i think ill just rent it to see what u guys r talking about
    can't rent games i almost always forget to return them... lol i don't think there is a video game rental place here in knoxville or surrounding areas that would even let me rent one LOL... i think some are trying to pursue lawsuits from super nintendo days LOL j/k
    to much to list.

Member #
    Friends
    everyone says the controls are ridiculous are they like the last need for speed carbon cause if thats the case u can modify the controls in the options menu... my perference is the nunchuck anolog stick for turning and pulling it back to ebrake and wiimote is the throttle down for more gas pull it back for brake and reverse
    That's the same set up I used in Carbon. Using the nunchuck stick steering is the only thing that saved Carbon for me. I would have quit playing it altogether if not for that.

Unfortunately, they yanked the control customization in ProStreet.
    I'd like to meet whoever told them, "Hey, analog stick driving is lame. Let's just do it with a free-floating remote." Because this guy deserves a kick in the throat. Plenty of the Wii games actually lend themselves to a controller that is not attached to anything. However, when you are in a real car, what part of driving is NOT connected to something? From what I have read, EA had to dumb down the car damage feature on the Wii, since the steering was so sketchy. Quite an asinine approach to game development.

I got the game today and played it for about an hour. I got bored because of two things. Same looking tracks over and over again. No free roam or police chases.
    On top of all that, I think I'd rather subject myself to a double root canal than listen to the announcer babble on. When I fire it back up again, I'm checking the audio options to try and shut him up.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in this release. However, since my kids got it for me for my birthday, they are expecting me to keep playing it. So I'll be fighting through it and maybe I won't completely hate it, by the time I'm through.

Is it just me or did NFS peak with the Most Wanted version?

Member #
    Friends
    everyone says the controls are ridiculous are they like the last need for speed carbon cause if thats the case u can modify the controls in the options menu... my perference is the nunchuck anolog stick for turning and pulling it back to ebrake and wiimote is the throttle down for more gas pull it back for brake and reverse
    That's the same set up I used in Carbon. Using the nunchuck stick steering is the only thing that saved Carbon for me. I would have quit playing it altogether if not for that.

Unfortunately, they yanked the control customization in ProStreet.
    I'd like to meet whoever told them, "Hey, analog stick driving is lame. Let's just do it with a free-floating remote." Because this guy deserves a kick in the throat. Plenty of the Wii games actually lend themselves to a controller that is not attached to anything. However, when you are in a real car, what part of driving is NOT connected to something? From what I have read, EA had to dumb down the car damage feature on the Wii, since the steering was so sketchy. Quite an asinine approach to game development.

I got the game today and played it for about an hour. I got bored because of two things. Same looking tracks over and over again. No free roam or police chases.
    On top of all that, I think I'd rather subject myself to a double root canal than listen to the announcer babble on. When I fire it back up again, I'm checking the audio options to try and shut him up.

Overall, I'm very disappointed in this release. However, since my kids got it for me for my birthday, they are expecting me to keep playing it. So I'll be fighting through it and trying like hell to enjoy myself.

Is it just me or did NFS peak with the Most Wanted version?

Member #
    Friends
    6124-9631-1627-3356
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper
    Well, considering that Mario Kart Wii is coming pretty soon, I would just wait for that if I were you. But if you are considering it, rent it first. I heard the DS version was pretty good though, plus it has online play(Wii version doesn't). So it seems like you get more for your buck from the portable version.

You could wait.....but Mario Kart Wii will be a totally different racing game compared to NFS:ProStreet. So, It's okay if you do get both. I have not heard anything bad about NFS and I know Mario Kart Wii will be AWESOME

Ads