LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

What are the actually GOOD Wii games for a "Wii60" owner?

Yes, im a "Wii60" owner. I bought Wii first, I must say, Nintendo was a genious and tricked the hell out of me, it was almost as if they had a mind control device like on Mass Effect that indoctrinated me. I bought Zelda first and was disappointed but happy. Happy cuz it was great game Disappointed because I expected better graphics than its earlier console (gamecube), gee I wonder why I would think the newer one would have better graphics? Anyway, I got Godfather because I loved the 3 godfather movies, as a fan, I loved it so no complaints there. But after trying to desperately look for the next good game, I was stuck and couldnt find anything, I bought a 360 and was hooked buying many games and never looked back, until now... I got Mario Galaxy and finally another good game for Wii I can actually enjoy.

To give you a feel of the gamer I am, here's what I have on my Xbox 360:

Gears of War
    Halo: Combat Evolved
    Halo 2
    Madden 08 (NFL is the shit)
    Splinter Cell
    Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
    Oblivion GOTY Edition
    The Orange Box
    Mass Effect

So as you can see, most of my games are top rated games, I dont like buying a game that I play 1 time and get bored of. Except for Splinter Cell, I got bored of it :P But it only cost me $5 for both of those.

Now my Nintendo Wii games are:

Super Mario Galaxy - First E Rated game I enjoy in a VERY long time, No joke!
    Zelda: Twilight Princess - Zelda is always good, I never have to worry
    Godfather Blackhand Edition: BIG fan of the movie, so I loved this.
    Heatseeker - Okay, this isnt really my game, I got it for my dad. btw hate it.

Okay lets not state the obvious good games okay?
    I know the following games are good and I may get them at one point or another:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - I didnt really like Melee, shoot me :P I might get, I hope I actually like this one.
    Mario Strikers Charged - Maybe, I dont know.
    Resident Evil 4 - Ill probably get this soon, since its cheap now
    Super Paper Mario - I'll get this for sure
    Metroid Prime 3 - I'll get when price drops alot more.

Okay after that im stuck, when I got to review websites to see whats poppin' almost all the games are rated low. There are a few 7's and 8's, and very very very little 9s, maybe only 2? I usually only get things that are 8.5's+ for 360, but I guess ill have to bend for Wii.

Battle Battalions 2 looks pretty good. Okay start listing away! I hope these forums are nice/active enough.

2. Ads

Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    Do you look at the score of the game and thats it? or do you read user reviews.
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

Spoiler Alert!

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Based on the games you own for the 360, there's probably not much for the Wii that you'd like. There really isn't anything on the Wii like those games. The recent Medal of Honor is OK, but it's a complete turd compared to the shooters on the 360 (like Orange Box). As of right now, there really isn't much worth owning for the Wii. Everything is either crappy or a "play it once and forget it" kind of game. The only notable mention is GH3, but you'd be better off getting it for the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    balrogs.pa: Yes I read it, I really do my research ever since my brother has had alot of games turn sour on his PS2 where he wasted $50 for game. I read the reviews, I also watch alot of gameplay trailers and learn about the game to make sure the game is what I would like.

Atomheart: That makes me sad :/ Personally the graphics isnt everything, if that were true, a game like TimeShift would have been great, but that game was mediocre and not worth buying. Im just desperate for a game that has great gameplay and a great story, 2 things that dont require graphics. Its almost as if game developers have abandoned Nintendo and left all the cheesy things for them.

I mean hell, look at a old game like Half-Life (number 1, not 2) That game is a great FPS. Why couldnt HL get ported over to gamecube? Nintendo really seems to be aimed so much at casual gamers that they dont like anything with violence in it. Seems like the most violent game is Resident Evil, Godfather and Metroid Prime.

What I would give for a new Punch out on Wii, or Nintendo putting there brains together to make a great game of Donkey Kong again. Instead they make some racing game

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    You may enjoy these games:

Manhunt 2 (In my Opinion it is highly underated by the critics)

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (great online play)

Resident Evil 4 (If you haven't played it yet, get it)

Metroid Prime 3 (just amazing!!!)

Battalion Wars 2 (Looks great and great online mode)

Guitar Hero 3 (OK! I now this is out there, but everyone loves Guitar Hero!!!)

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    5481-6878-4567-7796
    well i can help you with one thing.. i can help you get the avg of game reviews! just go here http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/ and youll see wat games are good. its mixed opinions so its pretty cool good luck on ur game hunt
    Super Smash Brawl FC : 2921-8748-2416

Are u from the west coast and do you play 2v2?
    Add us and other people who play 2vs2 as well from this thread:
    http://www.wiichat.com/pacific-west/...westcoast.html

Member #
    Friends
    Manhunt 2, I was thinking on getting it. But because of dumb idiots, they how to censor that game waay to much. Once my brother saw the trailer himself he immediately changed his mind also.

RE4, I will be getting
    MP3, I will be getting
    MoH, I was thinking maybe, but for $50 its probably better to just get CoD4 on my xbox.
    BW2, I agree looks nice, im doin more research on this game
    GH3, just like someone said, its better to just get on 360.

Anyone know of good game developers making exclusive games on Wii that are good? Like, for instance... Ubisoft made Assassins Creed for PS3/360, obviously it wasnt on Wii because that would be impossible. They have raving rabbids, but thats like, mini games. It would be cool to see a horror shooter, or RPG in cartoon graphics like Mario Galaxy with great gameplay/story.

Member #
    Friends
    Ghost Squad is a great wiimake. The missions aren't very long, but there are multiple branches to play, up to 4 person co-op. Online ranking system is a nice bonus. It's also fun to use two wiimotes for yourself or another player

Member #
    Friends
    Wii60 hahaha I'll admit I didn't get it at first...
    I'd go with Medal of Honor Heroes 2. Its a good casual game because of its online play. although there is no 2 player. Ghost Squad is great for the 4 player fun but its seriously short like 30-40 minutes.
    I'll kick your ass at Mortal Combat and Cooking Mama!

Member #
    Friends
    4551-8336-3359-2529
    HOW CAN YOU NOT NO ABOUT MARIO GALXY AH

btw look at my guys xD i got listed im more of ur type of playar ^^

dont mess wit a name u cant read n%bz

Myspace = LBezze.

Xbox 360 = i7cx1Ci
    GOW, Halo 2/3, Oblivion, Bioshock, COD3/4, Mass Effect, Halo Wars, UT3, GTA IV, Quake Wars, Assassins Creed,, RE5, Fight Night 3, Maddon 08
    Wii
    Wario Ware, Zelda TP, SMG, MOH2 = LaMe Ass FPS xD

Xfire = LBezze

Spoiler Alert!

Ads