LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EA and Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

EA and Wii

Do you think we'll ever see Knockout Kings And Cricket and other sports from the EA house of goodness given the brillance of the Wii remote for these types of games, i thought they would have already jumped at the chance of yet more yearly releases like they have with Tiger woods.

2. Ads

Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    Probably not appropriate to the thread, but I am not a fan of anything EA does. The only redeaming feature of EA is Will Wright.

PS I can't believe they destroyed sim city with the latest release, not even designed by WW.... pitiful.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by largedarry
    Probably not appropriate to the thread, but I am not a fan of anything EA does. The only redeaming feature of EA is Will Wright.

PS I can't believe they destroyed sim city with the latest release, not even designed by WW.... pitiful.
    i've been impressed with some of EA's stuff as of late. Specifically:

Skate - 360
    Medal of Honor Heroes 2 - Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Ea have indeed been a bit good recently.... it's almost a bit scary considering the games they have come out with in the past

Member #
    Friends
    Usually when EA works on something themselves instead of just funding it, it goes to shit. A perfect example is Valve's The Orange Box for xbox 360. They handed it off to EA to make the port for Playstation 3 (Valve said PS3 was a waste of peoples time lol) and the latest reviews for The Orange Box claims the game is literally unplayable except for Portal. They say the framerate is horrible and freeze, team fortress isnt playable because Playstations Online sucks and Portal was the only thing that played fine.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Usually when EA works on something themselves instead of just funding it, it goes to shit. A perfect example is Valve's The Orange Box for xbox 360. They handed it off to EA to make the port for Playstation 3 (Valve said PS3 was a waste of peoples time lol) and the latest reviews for The Orange Box claims the game is literally unplayable except for Portal. They say the framerate is horrible and freeze, team fortress isnt playable because Playstations Online sucks and Portal was the only thing that played fine.

woowwww @ orange box.

as for yearly sports releases, i think some things ea knew theyd get right from day one, or had such good selling power that they might as well release one quick, like tiger woods and madden respectively. as far as other things go, i think theyll start to bring their other franchises over once they really can get everything right. i cant wait for nhl 09 which better be on wii or i am writing a letter to ea.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    Do you mean when they release NHL '09, you don't want the Wii version to be a pathetic re-release of NHL'04. The only console that NHL '08 was good on was 360, the PC, PS2, etc. was just a crappy version of NHL '04.
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    I wish everyone would read the damn manual instead of posting a post about a dumbass question like the one asked in this thread.

Ads