Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapei
    What is a 'hardcore' console then? What makes a console hardcore? More FPSes or something? I consider myself a pretty serious gamer and I got a wii, it's hardcore cuz it can play all gamecube games and the VC is pretty sweet too, you could game nonstop for months on the Wii, so I'd say yeah, it can be slightly prettty hardcore. But it all depends on who's playing. People could buy a PS3 and just watch movies on it, so theyre not hardcore.

Anyway those gloves look kinda cool heh, my hand gets sore sometimes playing with the wiimote, i wonder if they would help that.

YEAH BUT THE WII HAS NO ALIEN FIGHTING SHOOTING BLOOD MANLINESS!
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapei
    What is a 'hardcore' console then? What makes a console hardcore? More FPSes or something? I consider myself a pretty serious gamer and I got a wii, it's hardcore cuz it can play all gamecube games and the VC is pretty sweet too, you could game nonstop for months on the Wii, so I'd say yeah, it can be slightly prettty hardcore. But it all depends on who's playing. People could buy a PS3 and just watch movies on it, so theyre not hardcore.

Anyway those gloves look kinda cool heh, my hand gets sore sometimes playing with the wiimote, i wonder if they would help that.
    Im not talking about that kind of hardcore. You're just a person who likes games like almost everyone who buys a console. I mean hardcore as in challenging games and competitive games which Wii lacks both of. They have hardly any challenging game and very very few competitive games because they lack online. So if I had to pick one its obviously Xbox 360 or PS3. I dont even like PS3 and I know its more challenging and competitive than a Wii. Wii for me is just for some fun games and VC because no one can resist games like Super Mario World and Zelda: A link to the past! Which btw, these two games are more challenging than anything ive played on Wii.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    so are you trying to say hardcore gaming just came out with the ps2 and xbox as they first to get online gaming (or even pc)

ill agree the wii dosnt have that much diffucult games but now a days games are as hard as you make them
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    Fingerless gloves is serious business.

Member #
    Friends
    i would actauly buy them but they werent wu

Member #
    Friends
    Even now the games made arent that hard on other consoles, but they're very challenging compared to Wii.

But no hardcore gaming didnt just come out. But when it comes to hardcore gaming online in your house then yes, kind of. Back before online you had to go to tournaments to really have competitive gaming. Now days you can enter leagues or tournaments online. Since Wii lacks both games and online, they are last when it comes to competitive gaming. Wii has Madden 08 (which I hear not many ppl play now), Super Mario Strikers, and Medal of Honor Heros 2. They have Madden on PS3 and Xbox and there are alot of people playing them. If you watch the Madden challenge on TV, they play on Xbox or PS3. Super Mario Strikers has online so that can be competitive, by just how much compared to PS3 and Live games? I dont know because I dont own that game. Medal of Honor Hereos 2, this game is probably the most competitive of the 3 I mentioned, I think... But are there leagues for this game? Call of Duty has alot, same with Halo, Gears of War, Team Fortress 2, etc. etc.

But the first thing to really become competitive was online PC gaming. Look at Counter-Strike, that game came out about 3 years after N64, and mind you, this is not the oldest PC game played competitively, but this is one of the games that Americans dominate on. This game is still played to this day with thousands of gamers and is played at WCG (World Cyber Games) with prizes up to $30,000. That my friend, is competitive gaming.

There are 12 games at WCG, 4 of those 12 are Xbox 360 games such as: Gears of War, Dead or Alive 4, Project Gotham Racing 3 and Tony Hawk Project 8.

So when people say Xbox games are better or more competitive, some Wii players disagree either because they're huge fanboys or they dont realize its not just the single player aspect but the online aspect also.
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    i no about cs:s i play it myself.

but 360 has great online games etc. 10X better than the wii im just saying that coz you dont play games online dont make you one. just say tour great at a game but u dont have an internet connection does this stop u being a hardcore gamer.

the wii isnt much hardcore but it good and it controls i think with a good game will make it hard to master. so in time the wii will be hardcore.

(i think im off topic..bit lost on this)

Member #
    Friends
    1 step closer to super mario? More like Michal Jackson. Shamona!
    Shnarf!! Shnarf!! Timmy!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Well of course not all Wii games arent hardcore. There will inevitably be some hardcore players. Thats just like those people who play with the Rubic's cube hardcore. But you have to deal with average. Because if you just go by a single person, then no system is more hardcore gaming because it would be even, unless you just find some freak. So basically overall Wii is in last place when it comes to hardcore/competitive gaming. PS2 2nd, and Obviously everyone knows Xbox is 1st in that dept. Ive never seen anyone who wasnt extremely biased or just an idiot think that Xbox wasnt the most competitive console, hell even sony admits to saying in order to surpass Xbox in that dept. would be to copy them as much as you can when it comes to Xbox Live, which is what Sony has been doing. Sadly for Wii, they take the longest to do things. It took them a whole year just to get a handful of online games, and a few of them are japenese games.

Member #
    Friends
    hardcore and compeditive are diffrent things.you could be hardcore at gh3 for ps2(no online )

Ads