Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Seriously the interpretation of Multiplayer is debatable, but in reality it means playing a game with more than just yourself. It doesn't have to be against each other for it to be multiplayer, but you guys believe what you want.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    co-op/multiplay is more than one player on the Wii
    online play is much bigger

Member #
    Friends
    Everyone knows Multiplayer means more than one player. Doesnt matter whether its offline, online, or even a damn board game. Its just that when people hear Multiplayer, they think of online. Maybe not Wii players because they dont have a big Online community, but Xbox players and PC players sure as hell do.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    umm...do i need to comment here? thi is a pretty self explainatory quote XD

Good try atomheart...good try...
    What?

Anyway, my comments are directed at the people that use co-op and multiplayer as interchangable, synonymous terms. They use co-op to refer to all multiplayer modes, including competitive modes (check out that recent Soul Calibur Legends review thread).

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Everyone knows Multiplayer means more than one player. Doesnt matter whether its offline, online, or even a damn board game. Its just that when people hear Multiplayer, they think of online. Maybe not Wii players because they dont have a big Online community, but Xbox players and PC players sure as hell do.
    Or maybe you're referring to 10 year olds who are just getting into games during this new online phenomenon.

There were plenty multiplayer games (as in competitive, not cooperative) prior to online gaming.

Member #
    Friends
    I played games before online games came out (consoles atleast). I used to play Goldeneye 007, MK1, MK2, MK3, MK4, Mario Kart, Top Gear, etc. So many games. But I still always called it playing "versus" I never used the term Multiplayer until I started playing WarCraft II online.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads