LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Do a barrel roll.Do it!Do doctorecs's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I always found wii bowling a little corky.Sometimes when I turn it right and it goes left i get pissed.lol

wii would like to play..now!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MMACH 5
    You are holding onto the ball too long.
    If you let go with your arm out in front of you the spin will have almost no effect on the ball's trajectory.
    During your swing, let go when you have the Wii controller pointing at the floor.

Also, the whole trick to getting a decent curve on the ball is finding the right balance between spin and power. If you throw the ball super hard, you probably won't be able to get enough spin on it for a good curve.

All that being said, I have picked up several 7-10 splits in Wii Bowling. I'm right handed and here's what I do:

1. Move ALL the way to the left of the lane.
    2. Nudge slightly to the right, (by nudge, I mean half a step).
    3. Throw the ball hard with NO spin on it.
    4. It will run the edge of the lane and look like it is going to fall off into the gutter.
    5. If you lined up right, the 7 pin will bounce off the back wall and come back into the pin area to take out the 10.

Good luck.
    Actually, I have tried that before but it still spins the opposite way

I normally have over the ball and am able to spin the ball when I want or when I dont want until I get a split, then I have absolutely no control at all, the ball just spins away from the pins, and no I dont hold the ball too long

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Well that's just weird, but nonetheless it isn't a glitch. I'm sure you've tried a lot of things, but I think you should keep trying different things until you figure out what works.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by denefblah
    Actually, I have tried that before but it still spins the opposite way

I normally have over the ball and am able to spin the ball when I want or when I dont want until I get a split, then I have absolutely no control at all, the ball just spins away from the pins, and no I dont hold the ball too long
    My suggestion says to throw the ball with NO spin. If it spins at all, you are doing it wrong.

Member #
    Friends
    This IS a glitch?
    I have this same thing happen to me. First off I am not messing up my throw. I have over 1700 points in bowling with several 277,278,279 games pluse a 299 and a 300. My average is around 260 righty and 235 lefty. I also have gold medals in all 3 bowling trainers. I can pick up spaires even splits with my strike throw all day. I know how much the ball moves and can hit eather side of the pin +90% of the time.
    However if there is a spair with 2 or more pins to the left (uasaly 4,7) or a split where the 4 and-or 7 and the 10 are left I will throw my strike ball, I am right handed and loft with a slight hook to the LEFT, the ball WILL hook to the RIGHT EVERY TIME!! I end up hitting the 4 into the 7 and leave the 10. I try to hit the left side or the 4 and 7 but end up hitting the right side of the 4.
    At first I thought it was me, then a glitch, then I thought this might be a way to punish people who loft the ball. Does this happen to people who don't loft?
    Any ideas about this? Has nintendo commented? Thanks.

Ads