The Legend of Zelda: TP
    Metroid Prime 3: C
    Super Mario
    Super Mario Galaxy
    And nothing like nominating a game from last year for this year

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Actually last year's Spike TV VGA's was in early November, possibly November 7th. So Zelda wasn't even released yet. Which is why its on this years show.

Btw, whats so funny about the GOTY list? What should it have been?
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    2878-9257-8140-1234
    Actually last year's Spike TV VGA's was in early November, possibly November 7th. So Zelda wasn't even released yet. Which is why its on this years show.
    Sorry was under the impression that Spike Video Game Awards 2007 meant only 2007 games =X

Its a little pro Xbox 360 dont ya think? The least they could of done was add a Wii and PS3(if thats possible) title to the mix.

And there all FPSs which is even worse except for Mass Effect.

Member #
    Friends
    True, but you can't deny this was Xbox year. They dominated so hard because it was Xbox 2nd year while it was Wii and PS3 first year. The Orange Box, though is GOOD. Half-Life is the best shooter of all time. Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2, The Orange Box and Bioshock are all rated 96 at metacritic and make up 4 of 5 games of metacritic's top 5 of PC games of all time. Orange Box and Bioshock is top 2 on Xbox 360 at metacritic. Seriously if you haven't played Half-Life you should. You don't need to play it on Xbox, get it on PC if you can run it. Its the best gameplay in FPS ive ever played. And even better storyline ive ever played in a FPS, probably the best storyline in anygame ive ever played. Bioshock I don't really know first hand. Ive only heard that the story is really good. But its actually FPS/RPG. Halo 3 is trash though, thats all hype, its nowhere near the first Halo which had a pretty good story, but still not close to Half-Life.

But yea, I really recommend picking up Half-Life and Half-Life 2 for PC if you don't have Xbox, its literally the best FPS ive ever played in my life.
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiily Good
    A lot of places have Mario Galaxy listed as an action game. I guess they've got rid of the platformer category.
    Yeah, a lot of people consider it a dead genre because of the fact that platforming elements have been assimilated into so many other genres of gaming(Action being one of those).

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    2878-9257-8140-1234
    True, but you can't deny this was Xbox year. They dominated so hard because it was Xbox 2nd year while it was Wii and PS3 first year
    Exactly. STVGA should of took that into account for the nominations. Xbox has a serious unfair advantage=X

The Orange Box, though is GOOD. Half-Life is the best shooter of all time. Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2, The Orange Box and Bioshock are all rated 96 at metacritic and make up 4 of 5 games of metacritic's top 5 of PC games of all time. Orange Box and Bioshock is top 2 on Xbox 360 at metacritic. Seriously if you haven't played Half-Life you should. You don't need to play it on Xbox, get it on PC if you can run it. Its the best gameplay in FPS ive ever played. And even better storyline ive ever played in a FPS, probably the best storyline in anygame ive ever played. Bioshock I don't really know first hand. Ive only heard that the story is really good. But its actually FPS/RPG. Halo 3 is trash though, thats all hype, its nowhere near the first Halo which had a pretty good story, but still not close to Half-Life.
    Yeah Im not doubting those are really amazing games. I mean I have Xbox 360 too and Ive played all of those but seriously they need to add some variety to the nominations instead of just choosing FPSs and titles that sold the most this year.

But yea, I really recommend picking up Half-Life and Half-Life 2 for PC if you don't have Xbox, its literally the best FPS ive ever played in my life.
    Yeah I got Half-Life but only really played competitive CS lol. No doubt its a great game though. As for Half-Life 2, hoping Ill get that for Christmas hehe.

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e

I'll tell ya whats funny about that list...the fact that every last one of those games is a damn shooter! Thats whats funny. They act like you gotta have a gun to be GOTY!

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    Yea I used to play CS, that was great too.

I guess they COULD throw in some variation with either other consoles or even other types of genre games. But then people wouldn't approve and say "that game doesn't deserve to me nominated" Like people already knew Mass Effect would be nominated GOTY before it was even released. Imagine they decided to take out Halo 3 and Bioshock and put in something else, people would be pissed. I remember Metroid Prime winning some GOTY's maybe in 2005. But I guess they didn't do as good as the other FPS games this year. But I can't really speak for MP3 because I haven't gotten to play that.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzapper
    I'll tell ya whats funny about that list...the fact that every last one of those games is a damn shooter! Thats whats funny. They act like you gotta have a gun to be GOTY!
    Okay thats your opinion, what do you think should have been on it? Because its not their fault that FPS games were the ones that did the best this year. Call of Duty 4 was PS3's best game. They could have put in Super Mario Galaxy, that was Wii's best. But I dont think SMG could win because more people like the other games better. I mean, FPS is the most popular type of game in USA.

Member #
    Friends
    2878-9257-8140-1234
    But then people wouldn't approve and say "that game doesn't deserve to me nominated"
    Oh well cant make everyone happy but atleast then youll have nominations that dont look biased toward a console and the FPS genre.

Imagine they decided to take out Halo 3 and Bioshock and put in something else, people would be pissed
    hehe it would probably be better the other way around. Take out Mass Effect and Orange Box and replace with Wii and PS3 titles

Ads