LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by K LoLo

Thats the expression on my face right now. But only because I PRETENDED this hasn't been brought up in 1, 233, 412.6 other threads.
    Hmm, if I'm correct.... which I am, you've posted a total of 50 messages. Now how could you have managed to glance at 1,233,412.6 threads, since you've joined WiiChat, concerning this matter from November until now?

Please feel free to contact me for any SBTourney related questions at:
    mingus@smashbrostourney.com

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by S.C.A.R.
    Lol, very true SensesFail.

Unfortunately the only way Nintendo will be able to get the thrid party support the 360 and PS3 have is to up the graphics. If the system was as powerful as the others it would definitely get third party support, but since it isn't companies just seem to overlook it as more of a gimmick then a console. It's sad but true. Same thing happened to the GC. Luckily with the new controller it has attracted a slight bit more than the GC did, but not much.
    Except in gamecube's case, it didnt have the worst graphics. PS2 did, Gamecube looked alot better. When I had my PS2 and Gamecube I wasn't compelled to buy Gamecube games because it was either a 3rd party game on PS2 with online or Gamecube with no online. Then 1st party games were either, get a 1st party game from Nintendo with no online or another one of the many PS2 games that are good with online. Graphics were never an issue because Gamecube did that just fine. At the time I thought Xbox was also behind simply because you had to pay to play and I thought that was just ludicrous, but it had the best graphics, but... it still did better than gamecube, why? Obviously because of online.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Lol, very true SensesFail.

Unfortunately the only way Nintendo will be able to get the thrid party support the 360 and PS3 have is to up the graphics. If the system was as powerful as the others it would definitely get third party support, but since it isn't companies just seem to overlook it as more of a gimmick then a console. It's sad but true. Same thing happened to the GC. Luckily with the new controller it has attracted a slight bit more than the GC did, but not much.
    Well no there was support for the Gamecube, but not much.
    And what was made didn't exactly sell well, thats why the support quickly died off, and has made a slow transition to the Wii.

Wii's visuals aren't that bad, sure they are not ps3 and 360 style visuals, but games can still look great. Its about the lazy developers wanting to put time in effort into a solid game, and them hoping that we the consumer buy the game.

Plus we have a decent slew of third party games coming out next year, so go out and buy those

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    True the graphics are allright. But the devolopers can make a game that runs on 360 and PS3 with excellent graphics. Because the Wii's graphics are so much lower it is outcast and shoved aside. I am glad that some third party companies are makiing good games for the Wii. The difference between the support now and the support for GC is the controller. If the system had excellent graphics on top of the controller, it is no doubt that third party devolopers would focus more intently on the Wii.

Also as T3k mentioned, Nintendo has been a little behind in the shift to online gaming, making some third party devolopers focus on systems that have a well devoloped online system. Hopefully the Wii pulls it off. After all built in WiFi and Internet channel; 2 things the 360 doesn't have.
    Last edited by S.C.A.R.; 12-12-2007 at 02:39 PM.
    "See, at one time America was pure. Men were men, women were women, and gays were confirmed bachelors." ~ Stephen Colbert

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Thats just like saying the PS3 needs more 1st Party Games. The Wii is doing fine without them and so is PS3. So why complain? Plus with PES08 and No More Heroes. AND Guitar Hero III I'm happy as it is

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Call Of Duty 4 with a Wiimote!!!!! I'm not saying that I'm unhappy with the Wii, just that it would be nice to have more thrid party support.
    "See, at one time America was pure. Men were men, women were women, and gays were confirmed bachelors." ~ Stephen Colbert

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    Thats just like saying the PS3 needs more 1st Party Games. The Wii is doing fine without them and so is PS3. So why complain? Plus with PES08 and No More Heroes. AND Guitar Hero III I'm happy as it is
    What about 3 or 4 years from now. After Nintendo has put out as much as they can and third party won't do anything for you and the games you already own aren't cutting it anymore?

Please feel free to contact me for any SBTourney related questions at:
    mingus@smashbrostourney.com

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    not another one...this time im gonna stay out of it before the fanboys attack like savage wolves.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Call Of Duty 4 with a Wiimote!!!!! I'm not saying that I'm unhappy with the Wii, just that it would be nice to have more thrid party support.
    We have enough 3rd Party games and support...it's just that the quality of these 3rd Party games (not all of them) is below average in many ways.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo needs to take online play seriously. For the Wii it's tolerable and a good version 1.0. Too bad the xbox 360 is way far ahead of the Wii for online. Graphics should be secondary IMO.
    MOHH2 username: sushinut
    I have: Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Elebits, RE4, Super Mario Strikers Charged, Mario & Sonic, GHIII w/ 2 guitars, MOHH2, SMG, RE: UC

Ads