W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    the swordplay currently is a type of 1:1, basically you have special moves but during regular swordplay your slash will be copied on screen with a slash, there is no power struggle back and forth, either you hit or its blocked, same as the enemy to you, this is done easily by using the Ir, before it was using motion sensing only and was going to take a tons of programming to get exact then I think they smartened up and used Ir, check the new videos, the red line is where the person just slashed.
    If you never try you may never fail, but you will also never succeed.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny
    The Samurai sword is held with two hands
    yes, but they arent using samurai swords in red steel...

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Samurai sword/Kitanna

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    No offence, but I think that is a load of crap. The AI can be tweaked anyway the developer wants. It can adapt to experienced or less experienced players. I don't see any reason why a freehand sword game couldn't work on the Wii, as a matter of fact, you would think it to be logical to release a game of that nature on a console as the Wii.
    Ah I see, sorry I didn't realise you had a degree in artificial intelligence and computer programming as well as your extensive experience in swordplay, I retract everything _ So I'm assuming you would like A.I to adapt to how well you play? I.E if you're crap then your oponents would move slower giving you more time to block etc? So then wouldn't you get the same end result i.e. a slow fight with obvious moves, plus think of what would have to be added, instead of a limit on the number of positions the swords can be in when they clash there are now nigh unlimited positions because of the free range of movement, surely this would mean they would have to program in responses and graphics to counteract your attack seeing as how it no longer has a set path?
    Owned: Wii, Sports, Play, LoZ:TP

Member #
    Friends
    What's wrong with the AI opponents totally sucking? If I'm actually swinging the sword and getting used to it, I want them to suck. It's a whole new ballgame as opposed to punching buttons to do combo moves. The fact that you are the person controlling the sword is what makes it fun.

I can see LucasArts coming out with a simple lightsaber game where you are actually in control of the sword and it being a huge hit. They could just start you out battling those little floating robots that Luke starts out battling. Then you move on to blocking blaster fire and crap, then you do both at the same time, then you're on to actually fighting someone that is slow and work your way up from there. No, I don't think a game is going to turn you into some master swordsman (whatever they are called) but it could be really awesome. And something that would be worthless on PS3/360.

I'm picturing Battlefront 3 for the Wii and when you get to be a Jedi you do some major damage/or get totally blown away because your sword doesn't block automatically for you anymore. Either way it would be awesome. It would also be cool if you could swing the sword towards yourself and amputate your leg or something.

Ads