LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Alvin and the Chipmunks

My nephew got this game (10 years old) after me telling him that games made from movies are always bunk. Well surprise surprise, the game is complete crap. It's trying to copy guitar hero and it does it horribly. The controls don't register half the time on the notes. Really wish my nephew hadn't wasted his christmas money on it because he is very dissappointed. Why must game companies go after just the money. I know money is great but come on, release a halfway decent product at least!
    I own these games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Excite Truck, Resident Evil 4, Need for Speed: Carbon, Wii Play, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Rampage: Total Destruction, Rapala's Fishing, Super Mario Galaxy, NFS: Pro Street, Metroid, Fire Emblem, RE: UC, Wii Sports, Ice Age 2, Elebits.

Member #
    Friends
    7762-3578-9261-4977
    awe. =[ that's sad.

take it somewhere & trade it in. i mean i know he's not going to get all his money back. but i know that game stop is giving an extra 20% on traded in games or something like that.

maybe help him out and give me a little extra money to get another game? after all it is the season of giving =]

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Sorry to hear about that, and I hope you will get a decent amount of money for the exchange. Do some research before you purchase a game:

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    4.0 Presentation
    The presentation of menus and screens is generic, and the storyline is simplistic at best.

3.0 Graphics
    The best thing with the graphics are the chipmunk models. Slowdown and bland environmental visuals makes this a harsh thing to look at and play through.

3.0 Sound
    Only the most hardcore Chipmunk fan won't be driven insane by the renditions of these songs.

1.5 Gameplay
    It's almost impossible to fail a song, and the tracks themselves don't have a consistent sense of rhythm attached to the notes found onscreen. Controls aren't as tight as the PS2 version.

2.0 Lasting Appeal
    While there are a number of songs and three difficulty levels, only a die hard Chipmunk fan would fully play through this title.

OVERALL 1.7 Abysmal (out of 10 / not an average)
    1.7/10 = Abysmal. Not sure I would come close to this game. Happy gaming in the future.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    wow that's a shame i feel bad for him...
    wow i hope that doenst happen with brawl or mario kart where it's a piece of crap

Member #
    Friends
    how old is your son because super mario galaxy is a good game for beginners and great gammers
    Got Wii???

Member #
    Friends
    wow 1.7? very rarely do i see a game dip below 2.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    3054-4394-5675-1502
    Yeah that game did get bad rewiews , the same with code lyoko quest for infitnity
    EDIT: Ok not to be mean or anything but heress a piece of advice: Rent before you buy oh and i know what your nephew needs : gamefly
    Last edited by SSJJason; 12-13-2007 at 08:30 PM.
    Gogeta will rock you!

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo could step in as a more strict gatekeeper. But I think they're so desperate for 3rd party support that they're letting everything go through without question. This is going to end up hurting them in the long run if they're not careful.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FR.
    1.7/10 = Abysmal. Not sure I would come close to this game.
    lol.
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

Member #
    Friends
    Well I had no say on what he bought. He won $100 at school so he bought that game and some model cars. I didn't even know the game was out and my nephew is a bit too young to be searching the internet about games. Someone told me to give him some money, well I certaintly would... IF I HAD MONEY LOL. I am unemployed right now and they won't let me get unemployment since it is a temp job. The job comes back next month anyhow. He bought it to play it on my Wii since he is living with me because his parents are getting divorced, that's what hurt me the most. He had such great expectations for that game and it was a complete let down for him. I imagine going through a nasty divorce is really harming the psych of the kid and to have a game company let his hopes down like that just really pissed me off.
    I own these games: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock, Excite Truck, Resident Evil 4, Need for Speed: Carbon, Wii Play, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Rampage: Total Destruction, Rapala's Fishing, Super Mario Galaxy, NFS: Pro Street, Metroid, Fire Emblem, RE: UC, Wii Sports, Ice Age 2, Elebits.

Ads