Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4855-3513-2198-8739

Thinking of buying the zapper

Hey folks,

Im thinking of getting myself a zapper.

The thing Im worried about is:

It wont be fun after I used it a few times. I played Links crossbow training on a gameplay event and it was quite fun. I also saw on wiicast that its a complete game instead of just some shooting games.

I havent got medal of honor: heroes 2 yet but Im certainly going to get it! All the other stand-alone on-rails shooters arent that interesting to me.

So should I "waste" 30 euro's on the zapper deal?

It kinda depends on how I feel. One moment I'm like: Getting it right now! and another moment I think: Hmmm maybe I wont be using it that much. Altough the links crossbowtraining game sounds fun
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2770-6271-7901-1612
    I almost bought it today but realised I've been throwing too much money towards my Wii already, and it's becoming a bad habit so I left it alone....for now

Member #
    Friends
    In my opinion I would get it but its relly up to you .

XboxGamerTag=IQuickReflexI

Strike=Have

X-Mas Wish List :
    PlayStation 3,Call of Duty 4,Guitar Hero 3(w/ 2 Guitars)Assassin's Creed(Mayb),Oblivion,Ps3 Control.

PSN ID : Mc_Evan

Muddy MudSkipper #1 Fan ! Gigon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0635-5160-2319-3200
    I've bought the zapper for the game, I've put the plastic bracket away after 3 minutes...
    But I enjoy Crossbow Training a lot!

If you want a pistol-like controler bracket you should consider another model...

In my opinion the zapper isn't very good, the Nyko Wii pistol looks way better!

The Conduit FC : 1118-8035-4857 Onslaught FC : 4082-0957-2143

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Yea I have seen the pistol around the internet so for the sake of holding a gun like thing theres cheaper options. However I liked how the nunchuck went in the back and made like a sub-machine gun feel.

However a pistol would be cool as well

Choices.....
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    i got the zapper and REUC and i think it's fine, i don't see what everybody else is complaining about.

Muddy MudSkipper #1 Fan ! Gigon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0635-5160-2319-3200
    I'm not complaining, I just don't like the zapper...

BTW, I just found out something bad against the zapper: it's not compatible
    with the Nyko rechargable battery... The remote with the rubber battery cover
    is too big to be placed in the plastic bracket, the rear pins won't lock...

The Conduit FC : 1118-8035-4857 Onslaught FC : 4082-0957-2143

Member #
    Friends
    8421-7897-5655-0928
    I plan on getting the Zapper eventually, I'm sure more games will take advantage of it.

Member #
    Friends
    8674-6414-6050-2160
    When I heard Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles was coming out and I saw the zapper for the game, I was so excited to buy it ahead of time so I could get it right when it was released. I got RE:UC and then got the zapper, I actually like the wiimote by it self and not in the zapper. Its not as cool as I thought it would be, and its actually really annoying to use during the game, like all the action moves and such. Then I got the wiimote charger months ago and have a specific back cover on it, but since we have to snap the wiimote into the zapper, mine doesn't fit because of the back covering, kinda sucks. I like the new Training game, but I think the money I spent on it was a waste, and now I hardly even use it. I say don't get it, but thats just my opinion.

Member #
    Friends
    8421-7897-5655-0928
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiGirl2006
    When I heard Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles was coming out and I saw the zapper for the game, I was so excited to buy it ahead of time so I could get it right when it was released. I got RE:UC and then got the zapper, I actually like the wiimote by it self and not in the zapper. Its not as cool as I thought it would be, and its actually really annoying to use during the game, like all the action moves and such. Then I got the wiimote charger months ago and have a specific back cover on it, but since we have to snap the wiimote into the zapper, mine doesn't fit because of the back covering, kinda sucks. I like the new Training game, but I think the money I spent on it was a waste, and now I hardly even use it. I say don't get it, but thats just my opinion.
    Hmm, but you recommend the umbrella chronicles?
    I'm not usually one for rail shooters, but perhaps I'll give it a shot, I've really wanted to play another Resident Evil game ever since I beat re4, I love that game so much.

Ads