LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Sovieto you know its just you when RE4 is said to be Gamecube's best game, One of Wii's best game (Wii's best in my eyes) and wins lots of Game of the Year awards. Not to mention you can see capcom is starting to use the over the shoulder again with RE5. I played the older RE's and RE4 is my favorite by far. There's nothing like being swarmed by enemies and having to pop off heads, or shoot there knees and knife them to death. Much better than the older RE's in my opinion. RE4's sound was good and the music was great. Like a reviewer said before "The way Resident Evil was meant to be played." Which btw, RE was first being developed as a FPS when they first started it.
    Here's what is said about RE4 on wikipedia

So if you think RE4 was ruined your one of the very SMALL handful of people who think the same way.
    very small handful of people? HA. try thousands of true RE fans. ever went to a fansite or something? you get mocked for saying shit like i love the movies and omg re4 was the best in the serieszz.

not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, but i dont care how critically acclaimed it was, it wasnt an RE. there was no survival, there was hardly any horror, and puzzles for my 10 year old female cousin. also, wheres your proof that RE was meant to be a FPS? i never heard of that and FPSs werent really big on the ps1.

if re4 was called Shoot 'em Spanish Freaks and under the Third-Person Shooter category itd be a great addition to capcom's arsenal.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I think Umbrella Chronicles was a very good game even though it was an on rails shooter.. for me RE 0 to 3 is done with REUC

Lets go to the future with RE5 and with the hope that it is available for the Wii. RE4 and REUC have been top sellers for Capcom in the Wii system, and it is the #1 selling console in the world so, they should do a version for the Wii and it will be a top seller

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    I think they have already milked this series for all its worth, It's about time for them to move on from these few games and create a new Resident Evil legacy for the next generation.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    very small handful of people? HA. try thousands of true RE fans. ever went to a fansite or something? you get mocked for saying shit like i love the movies and omg re4 was the best in the serieszz.

not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, but i dont care how critically acclaimed it was, it wasnt an RE. there was no survival, there was hardly any horror, and puzzles for my 10 year old female cousin. also, wheres your proof that RE was meant to be a FPS? i never heard of that and FPSs werent really big on the ps1.

if re4 was called Shoot 'em Spanish Freaks and under the Third-Person Shooter category itd be a great addition to capcom's arsenal.
    To say fansites would mock me for saying that is bs. Ive been to RE fansite forums. There are always a few who like the older ones because they have the sense of Nostalgia. But when RE4 beats the older RE's in reviews everywhere its not a fluke.

Sorry if the older RE's werent scary. RE4 wasnt SCARY it had some horror in it, more than the original RE's. I didnt find a game that barely had any enemies and almost all of them moved really slow and could be evaded. It did have more Survival because of the fact that it was better to run than to shoot in most scenarios. But that just made it boring. Not that the game was actually boring, but that part of it was... I would have rather the game had more ammo/kerosene and fight more zombies than to spend more time running around the zombies than fighting. Not to mention you didnt get to actually aim since it was just auto-aim. Puzzles were too easy yes I agree, they need to up the difficulty on it on RE5, then again the other resident evil's didnt have challenging puzzles either.

The proof that it was supposed to be a FPS... I can't actually show you because its in a book made by capcom called "The True Story Behind Biohazard" (Resident Evil = Biohazard in japan) made in 1997. But you can search the internet and find out youself.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    I think Umbrella Chronicles was a very good game even though it was an on rails shooter.. for me RE 0 to 3 is done with REUC

Lets go to the future with RE5 and with the hope that it is available for the Wii. RE4 and REUC have been top sellers for Capcom in the Wii system, and it is the #1 selling console in the world so, they should do a version for the Wii and it will be a top seller
    Dont think it will happen since its only been announced for Xbox 360/PS3. You have to remember this is Capcom not EA, they're not money grubbers. I doubt the fact that Wii is selling alot more will make them want to port it just for money.

Its possible they port over a cut down version, but the chances are slim. Not many developers would release an extremely cut down version for another system. Unless you're EA.
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    To say fansites would mock me for saying that is bs. Ive been to RE fansite forums. There are always a few who like the older ones because they have the sense of Nostalgia. But when RE4 beats the older RE's in reviews everywhere its not a fluke.

Sorry if the older RE's werent scary. RE4 wasnt SCARY it had some horror in it, more than the original RE's. I didnt find a game that barely had any enemies and almost all of them moved really slow and could be evaded. It did have more Survival because of the fact that it was better to run than to shoot in most scenarios. But that just made it boring. Not that the game was actually boring, but that part of it was... I would have rather the game had more ammo/kerosene and fight more zombies than to spend more time running around the zombies than fighting. Not to mention you didnt get to actually aim since it was just auto-aim. Puzzles were too easy yes I agree, they need to up the difficulty on it on RE5, then again the other resident evil's didnt have challenging puzzles either.

The proof that it was supposed to be a FPS... I can't actually show you because its in a book made by capcom called "The True Story Behind Biohazard" (Resident Evil = Biohazard in japan) made in 1997. But you can search the internet and find out youself.
    wow you have lead me to believe you don't even know what you're talking about, i will believe this until you prove me otherwise and stop making up shit.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Prove what? The FPS?

Member #
    Friends
    Since you must read it somewhere else than from me here's a quote from wikipedia.

Elements lost in development
    The following details are from The True Story Behind Biohazard (1997, Capcom):

Resident Evil was initially envisioned as a first-person shooter until it was decided that playing from a first-person perspective was not scary enough.

A series of documents, known as Trevor's Letters, were proposed for the original game, but not included in the final version due to the fact that they revealed too much of the game's plot too soon. They were later restored in the GameCube remake with a few differences due to the retroactive changes made in the new version.

Two characters appeared in an early draft of the game's storyline as Jill's and Chris's supporting characters. Gelzer, a muscular Caucasian man with a cybernetic eye who was scheduled to hold an entire roof up at one point of the game, and Dewey, a thin African-American man modeled after Eddie Murphy who would have served as the comic relief. In the finished version of the game, these two were replaced by Barry and Rebecca respectively. The name Dewey was then used for an unrelated member of S.T.A.R.S., pilot Edward Dewey.
    Like i said it cant actually be proven unless you yourself buy the book since you cant really cite it except for stating the books name and the page. So if you really want to argue go buy the book and look for yourself. I myself first found out a long time ago when RE1 first came out.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Remade Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, and 3 for Wii using Resident Evil 4 over the shoulder style. With more zombies, new guns, bigger maps so it wont be too short of a game.
    They put enough effort into the gamecube REmakes so why now REcreate the games yet again with a completely new engine when they could be making new rather than REmaking the old games yet again.

Ads