Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    ok first off i like mario and sonic at the olympics but it is true it gets boring. the archery is the only thing that is original and not repetitive. every thing else is either drum roll or clap or spin. That is not trying real hard with the wiimote.

You have games like wii sports, Metroid, RE4, and mario galaxy use it exceptionaly well, exp galaxy where you are on the ball or the stingray race.
    I have to say another game that did ok but is extreamly kiddy, and gets old fast is the Ea playground. The paper airplane is a great example of what motion sensing is about when done right, unfortunatly its real short and doesnt realy have depth.

Its alot of ways the wiimote can be used and done right but no one other than nintendo wants to take the time to do it.

I realy think its time for someone to be original and come up with a charector and a franchise that is specificaly made for the wiimote.
    EA did it pretty well with Medal Of Honor though.
    But I agree to the most part, as its mostly the Nintendo made games that have the best controls.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Frogger
    Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games is one of the worst, in fact, the worst title I won for the Wii because of the amount you use the controls.

If you don't keep yourself exercised, you'll die from heart attack in your 40s.

To me, they don't use them enough. Well, I somehow feel occupied with the controls, but I don't feel like I'm doing something that requires skill.

I disgaree with you with Rayman, I absolutely love both of those games, I think it's the only game that offers variety and depth with the controls.
    Actually, the game is pretty ok, but about 80%.. no, 90% of the minigames are something either not good enough (like the one where you close closet doors or fly to catch a pighead), or they are direct clones of other games I've already played on my PC someday.
    I really liked the one where you hammer the rabbit. I wish it had more options, varieties, missions. I liked the musical stuff too, but there aren't enough songs - they are repeated all the time.

No, what I need is something that is controlled with lots of different and difficult movements, the game which need a lot of practice to make precise wiimote movements, with combos and stuff.. I didn't buy wii to play games I can play on my PC.

As for Godfather - I've tried it. Pretty fun at first, but the game itself is boring. And something I couldn't deal with - it doesn't allow the left-handed controls. So when I actually strike left hand, my character uses the right and vice versa. Not fun.

So I'll check the MoH. As for trauma center, I'm not very fond of slicing people. Might be a good game, but not for me.

Member #
    Friends
    9156-1265-6763-2556
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguard

To me, they don't use them enough. Well, I somehow feel occupied with the controls, but I don't feel like I'm doing something that requires skill.
    Do you honestly believe that the Wii will keep you exercised with these repetitive controls? Everyone knows that playing the Wii so much won't keep you fit, you have to exercise other parts of your body to stay in shape, not just your arms.

Actually, the game is pretty ok, but about 80%.. no, 90% of the minigames are something either not good enough (like the one where you close closet doors or fly to catch a pighead), or they are direct clones of other games I've already played on my PC someday.
    I really liked the one where you hammer the rabbit. I wish it had more options, varieties, missions. I liked the musical stuff too, but there aren't enough songs - they are repeated all the time.
    I hated those minigames, I just thought they were boring, there weren't very many of them though. I don't think you should judge the entire minigame library on that game, obviously it was just used as a filler, but other than that I think that they used the whole thing to the full. Even though, the games where you had to listen to the pig squeal, that was boring, it just wasn't fun, but I suppose it was a nice feature to add.

No, what I need is something that is controlled with lots of different and difficult movements, the game which need a lot of practice to make precise wiimote movements, with combos and stuff.. I didn't buy wii to play games I can play on my PC.
    Galaxy is by far the best game for the Wii, but it doesn't use the controls, it uses them when needed, and I think it is absolutely stunning.
    I love you, Adam.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    Do you honestly believe that the Wii will keep you exercised with these repetitive controls? Everyone knows that playing the Wii so much won't keep you fit, you have to exercise other parts of your body to stay in shape, not just your arms.
    I'm gonna get wiifit to exercise the other parts . As for exercising part, wii sports' boxing is very good at this. I wish it only 1) were harder., 2) properly recognized moves.
    I also like the training mission where you have to punch the bag for 1 minute. Won the gold medal in this.

I hated those minigames, I just thought they were boring, there weren't very many of them though. I don't think you should judge the entire minigame library on that game, obviously it was just used as a filler, but other than that I think that they used the whole thing to the full. Even
    So even if 90% of minigames are not good enough, I shouldn't judge the game? No way!

though, the games where you had to listen to the pig squeal, that was boring, it just wasn't fun, but I suppose it was a nice feature to add.
    Actually, this one was pretty original. But it's totally broken - most time there's just no way to go.

Galaxy is by far the best game for the Wii, but it doesn't use the controls, it uses them when needed, and I think it is absolutely stunning.
    No, it would have been stunning if it had real fencing with like 10 basic attacks, 5 defending moves, 20 combos and 20 types of weapon like swords, shields, net, trident, halberd, etc.
    I've been waiting for game like this for a whole year, and still it hasn't been released. Not even announced as I'm aware.

I also want a real volleyball, tennis, table tennis, and many more sports games where you contol the game with the wiimote, not the game controls you.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger
    no, but it does raise your heart rate considerably, which is a good thing.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Wii Sports obviously wins because it was designed to get you used to the Wiimote

In terms of the Wiimote as a whole [Not just the sensor part of it] I would say Metroid

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Medal of Honor Heroes 2 controls like a dream and is easily the best use of the Wii IR to date.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    Rayman's Raving Rabids has several great uses of the remote-nunchuck combo. The game annoys me at times, but you can't beat the cow hammer-throw game and the several rabbit hunting episodes. Plus, it's been out for 1year+, and I thought I'd seen that the retail price had gone down alot.

Member #
    Friends
    0817-8529-5418-1180
    Quote Originally Posted by jaguard
    Frogger
    Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games is one of the worst, in fact, the worst title I won for the Wii because of the amount you use the controls.

I disgaree with you with Rayman, I absolutely love both of those games, I think it's the only game that offers variety and depth with the controls.

As for Godfather - I've tried it. Pretty fun at first, but the game itself is boring. And something I couldn't deal with - it doesn't allow the left-handed controls. So when I actually strike left hand, my character uses the right and vice versa. Not fun.

So I'll check the MoH. As for trauma center, I'm not very fond of slicing people. Might be a good game, but not for me.

The Wii is an exercise if your 400 pounds. Otherwise I dont see why everyone thinks so poorly about M&S at the Olympics. I found it to be very handy with the Wii remote. Theres Rowing,Throwing,Shooting,Jumping,Fliping,Swiming,A rchery, and Running. And they all have different hand functions.Unlike SMG where your only wii remote function is mario's spin move, and the star bit pointer.

Sonic's back with his old voice on Brawl, what more could you ask for.

GAMES
    Wii: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda TP,Sonic and The Secret Rings
    Gamecube: Sonic Adventure Battle 2, Timesplitters Future Perfect, SSB Melee, Metroid Prime 2.
    Virtual Console: Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros 3,DK Country 3,Super Metroid.
    PS2:Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3.

Member #
    Friends
    In my opinion the best Wii control implementation without any doubt is Medal of Honor Heroes 2. Simply unbelievable.. specially with bazookas and stationary machine guns and rotating canons using both hands.. you have to experience it to believe it..

MOHH2 raised the bar of excellency and that is the way wii games should use the wii remote and nunchuk. This game is a must!! and it is a masterpiece
    Last edited by highroller; 12-22-2007 at 07:02 PM.

Ads