LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Yes it can. Both 360 and Wii use DVD-DL for their games. But Rockstar would have to cut down GTA grapically alot. Unless the Xbox version installs things on the Hard Drive.

GTA IS THE SHIZNIT!! Your opinion of GTA is the minority :P
    the wii doesnt have enough horsepower to run a game of that size wether the graphics are toned down or not. theres no question as to wether the game would fit on a DVD, considering thats whats being used for the xbox version, but the world is just to big. the wii would have a framerate of about 2 fps lol.

on another note, the 360 is potentially holding this game back. if rockstar really did bitch about DVD space, then they probably wanted to utilize the Blu-ray discs space to make the game even larger, with more content but couldnt do so without putting out 2 versions of the game.

that being said, im going to buy this game for my PS3, not my 360, it just feels right, since it was originally a playstation exclusive. and i dont know if it's been confirmed or not but id bet on the fact the ps3 version will have some sort of exclusive feature/content.. just a feeling ive got.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    2878-9257-8140-1234
    and i dont know if it's been confirmed or not but id bet on the fact the ps3 version will have some sort of exclusive feature/content.. just a feeling ive got.
    Eh looks like its the other way around =X They already announced exclusive downloadable content for the 360.

During Microsoft's 2006 E3 press conference on 9 May, it was announced that Grand Theft Auto IV would be available for the Xbox 360 and that Rockstar Games will offer exclusive episodic content via Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 version. This had been confirmed by Rockstar, announcing two extra, exclusive, episodes.[31] On 28 February 2007 it was announced that exclusive episodic content will be introduced starting in 2008.[32]

Peter Moore, the then head of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business division announced that Rockstar Games is working on two GTA IV downloadable packs exclusively for the Xbox 360, which will be released after the full game. Moore described downloadable content as "epic episode packs", and not just extra cars or characters. A press release during the conference said that the packs would add "hours of entirely new gameplay" to the game.[33] The official Xbox website states that these episodes will last a minimum of 10 hours.[34] Details on the pricing of these downloads have not yet been revealed, though it would almost certainly not be released for free, as Take-Two Interactive's former CEO, Paul Eibeler, have said numerous times that these downloads would provide "additional revenue streams" to the company.

As part of a conference call following the release of Take-Two Interactive's Second Quarter Fiscal 2007 financial results, the company's Chief Financial Officer, Lainie Goldstein revealed that Microsoft was paying a total of US$50 Million for exclusivity of this content split equally between the two packs.[35] The payments can be found referenced in the company's Second Quarter Fiscal 2007 financial results as "Deferred revenue".

Thanks for the sig, gidget!

Gamertag: D1nner
    SSBB Code: 2878-9257-8140

Peach Smash Guild Member

Working on L4D Achievements 49/50 PM if wanna play

Member #
    Friends
    I thought the whole GTA4 was gonna be the size of 1 city in San Andreas. Duno where I read it, but im pretty sure its something like that.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    2878-9257-8140-1234
    ^Yeah thats what I heard too. They said they didnt wanna make another San Andreas size city because people complained about it being too big.

Thanks for the sig, gidget!

Gamertag: D1nner
    SSBB Code: 2878-9257-8140

Peach Smash Guild Member

Working on L4D Achievements 49/50 PM if wanna play

Member #
    Friends
    no way, gta will ever be on wii. it's unfortunate. but, oh well. i had my fun with gta: vc for xbox. i'm not sure rockstar released any games for gamecube. but as of right now for wii they have table tennis, manhunt 2, and apparently bully is coming out early next year. not too excited, although rockstar is a fav. developer of mine. perhaps in the next couple years we'll have more rockstar games for the wii. maybe some wii exclusives? dunno.

intr.up.td

Wii Sports, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy

Member #
    Friends
    If you want a GTA style game, just go buy Driver. Yeah its a port, but its just the same. I think the controls were well done and it has the feel of an original wii game.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    No chance.
    We would have a better chance of having the older ones ported over to the Wii, which I still wouldn't mind having.

Development on the Ps3 version was trailing way behind the 360 version, which apparently had problems as well. That was the reason for the delay.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wiijected
    If you want a GTA style game, just go buy Driver. Yeah its a port, but its just the same. I think the controls were well done and it has the feel of an original wii game.
    oh, man. i remember the original driver for pc. at that point in time i had no controller and i had to play it with my keyboard. needless to say, i got pretty good at using my keyboard for future games.

intr.up.td

Wii Sports, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Well it could come out later After the sucess of The Godfather and Scarface on Wii I wouldn't rule it out.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    what?! 360 exclusive content? CRAP! still buying it for PS3 though lol.

and i thought the city would be bigger than san adreas, but thinking back to that game, it was a pain in the ass to get from a to b.

i need to do some research on this game lol.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Ads