LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift
    I wasn't saying that Video games are the downfall of society here lol.... I'm just saying with all the hype parents are actually cracking down games now and starting to go by those ratings(again not saying they are useful or great...) so many kids on here might not be getting some games because the parent has to pay for it and sees a mature rating and just tells the kid to go put it back...
    It's a joke!!

Member #
    Friends
    ya kid deffinintly get either zelda and if possible red steel to
    [

Member #
    Friends
    The only thing about Zelda that's bugging me is the lack of voice acting. The game is still stuck in the dark ages with speech bubbles and text. Voice-acting, with the option of including text as well, would make the game a more entertaining experience. I don't see why it couldn't have been done.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Go here to see all the games that will be launched in the "launch window" a.k.a. from November 19th to March 31, 2007.

Zelda, you must as everyone has said, pick it up by default, but from there you could go for Exite Truck, Monkey Ball, or Red Steel among others.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    hey, back again..i see alot of you (or all of you) are saying get red steel..i know i should look my self but could you guys please tell me what it is? as i have never heard of it befor, thanks. and i was thinking about getting zelda anyway

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    Go here to see all the games that will be launched in the "launch window" a.k.a. from November 19th to March 31, 2007.

Zelda, you must as everyone has said, pick it up by default, but from there you could go for Exite Truck, Monkey Ball, or Red Steel among others.
    I'm unhappy with most of these games. Who wants crap like CARS and Open Season?!!!

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by george:)
    hey, back again..i see alot of you (or all of you) are saying get red steel..i know i should look my self but could you guys please tell me what it is? as i have never heard of it befor, thanks. and i was thinking about getting zelda anyway
    Red Steel is a first person shooter developed by Ubisoft (the makers of such great franchises as Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell) and uses both the wiimote and nunchuk; wiimote for aiming and sword fighting, and nuchuk for moving, opening doors, throwing or rolling grenades, etc. It's a somewhat basic story: You live in America, your girlfriend is kidnapped by Yakuza (like the mafia, except Japanese), you fight through America and Japan to get back your girl. Yeah, it's a bit more complex than that, but that's the jist of it.

Go here for a better description and here's a video:
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zea6FH1w1Zc[/MEDIA]
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by UkranianTractor
    I'm unhappy with most of these games. Who wants crap like CARS and Open Season?!!!
    Zelda, Red Steel, Excite Truck, Monkey Ball, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Far Cry, Need For Speed: Carbon, Madden '07, Call of Duty: 3! You're DISAPPOINTED by this lineup? This is probably the best launch lineup in history!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat
    Zelda, Red Steel, Excite Truck, Monkey Ball, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Far Cry, Need For Speed: Carbon, Madden '07, Call of Duty: 3! You're DISAPPOINTED by this lineup? This is probably the best launch lineup in history!
    Well I don't know about you but I think Splinter Cell is an overrated game in the first place. However, I'm even less likely to buy a graphically inferior version of it(compared to the 360) so I can use the wiimote. Need for Speeds get turned out every year - they're for chav gamers! Also, the wii version will be graphically inferior to the 360 version. The same goes for Call of Duty. And I don't like American football. There should be more exclusive adventure games like Zelda, games you can immerse yourself in. At the moment, Zelda, Red Steel and Mario are the only ones that get me excited.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by UkranianTractor
    Well I don't know about you but I think Splinter Cell is an overrated game in the first place. However, I'm even less likely to buy a graphically inferior version of it(compared to the 360) so I can use the wiimote. Need for Speeds get turned out every year - they're for chav gamers! Also, the wii version will be graphically inferior to the 360 version. The same goes for Call of Duty. And I don't like American football. There should be more exclusive adventure games like Zelda, games you can immerse yourself in. At the moment, Zelda, Red Steel and Mario are the only ones that get me excited.
    All I was doing was listing different games from different genres because I didn't know what you did/didn't like. I don't like American football either, nor Need For Speed (Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition was WAY better). As for Splinter Cell, did you play the first one the whole way through? If so, I have a hard time believing you'd find it overrated and the versions since have included some of the most innovative multiplayer styles; perhaps you just don't like stealth games in general. I wouldn't buy the Wii version either because of the lack of graphics and especially online play, but if I was only getting a Wii, I'd pick it up for the gameplay which promises to use both the wiimote and nunchuk.

Anyway I agree, I want to see more innovative and deep games like Zelda, Red Steel, Mario, Metroid, SSBB, and games like Shadow of the Colossus and Katamari Damacy. Still, if you think this is a weak lineup, then you must be disappointed by new consoles a lot.

Ads