Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8674-9549-9318-8797

Soul Calibur Killed By Critics!!!

I don't know why but SOUL CALIBUR LEGENDS got it bad from like every website and magazine ratings. I personally thought it was a good game. I had fun and the sword movement corresponded well with the Wiimote, better than zelda did. Any one else think its underrated or not please explain why.

Here are some of the ratings.
    http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/s...result;title;3

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4824.html

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpage...soul%20calibur

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    I saw the reviews and stayed away from it. But, I'd definitely be willing to see your insight if you made a review!

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    0817-8529-5418-1180
    I wondered the same thing. I like the Soul Calibur series, and the game looks great. You can even play as Loyd from Tales of Symphonia. But when I heard the reviews I gave up on it. I'll probably rent it later.

Sonic's back with his old voice on Brawl, what more could you ask for.

GAMES
    Wii: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda TP,Sonic and The Secret Rings
    Gamecube: Sonic Adventure Battle 2, Timesplitters Future Perfect, SSB Melee, Metroid Prime 2.
    Virtual Console: Super Mario 64, Super Mario Bros 3,DK Country 3,Super Metroid.
    PS2:Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3.

Member #
    Friends
    i think the main reason for this is the fact they are comparing it to the other soul calibur games. Legends is a tad different from the other games. personally i don't think legends would ever be better than the other games and the critics based their reviews on this.
    Don't get me wrong, legends is cool but because it doesn't live up to the soul calibur games standards, it got low, unfair reviews from websites and mags

Member #
    Friends
    the game looks amazing to me, i'm getting it for sure because i like it!!
    don't pay attention to reviews!!!

many million sellers got awful reviews (like Mario Party 8 - 3.5 million)

REVIEWS SUCK!!!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Even if you explain why its good its probably still going to suck. People here may end up changing their minds and buy it and agree with the reviewers. There are ALWAYS exceptions to peoples opinions, no matter how bad a game is... after all, someone made it...

Btw, reviews and sales dont mean anything. Just because you sell alot, doesnt make it good. Ive heard from alot of people from these very forums saying mario party 8 sucks.

Btw, reviewers are CRITICS, remember that. Just like movies have critics. some movies for example Rush Hour 3 got bad reviews with an average of 3/10 from the critics. Though, I personally found it entertaining. But if I truthfully CRITIQUED it, It would be a shitty movie compared to the greats. The critics look at certain things, for example: gameplay mechanics, controls, story, plot, character development, repetitiveness, graphics, replayability, etc.

So if you're someone who is easy going on the games you may find alot of games enjoyable. I myself feel like im a critic the more I learn to like something. I became a movie buff when it comes to watching all the movies and I personally think I could be a movie critic and make valid points to my reviews. I feel the same way with games now (almost).

Chances are if I buy it, I will hate it or get tired of it very fast because im like a wine taster and like to pay attention to detail, though not as much as movies.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    2053-7387-5258-1341
    I didnt know this was out ! Ill be getting this for sure. It seems to be going like how mortal kombat shaolin monks went. It got bad reviews because it was different, but different isnt always bad

My wii games
    Wii Sports Resident Evil 4 Dragon Blade : Wrath of Fire GHIII
    My VC games
    Super Metroid Kirbys Adventure Ghouls & Ghosts

Member #
    Friends
    Here's a whole bunch of ratings for the game:
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...caliburlegends
    Average: 53 out of 100.
    the highest rating was 80, the lowest was 16.
    Most ratings were between 45-60.
    Of the 22 ratings, 16 were between 40-65. That's pretty consistently mediocre, at best.

But, hey, reviews are just reviews. How is the game selling? Star Wars got poor reviews when it was released in 1978. I'm just saying, critics can't kill a game. Poor sales do that.

Member #
    Friends
    Maybe its a good game for a Wii. But for a multi-console gamer like myself, how does it stack up against other games, not just wii games. Remember, reviewers play games from all consoles, so when they review, they review as a "Game", not as a "Wii Game"

Atleast, I think most of them do... I know Game Informer does, thats why I like them so much. While IGN seems to have a "Wii team" for reviewing, IGN seems to give Wii games higher reviews on average compared to other sites, so im assuming they have a seperate Wii review team.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    8674-9549-9318-8797
    I personally enjoyed it. The sword movements worked well with your hand movements it was almost identical i felt like i was in the game. You can also swap between players. i give it a 8/10. Any one who has it please tell me what u think it should be out of 10.

Ads