Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty 4

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by thas
    call me wierd but i didnt like this games very much. personal opinion there. i dont see whats so great. sure the graphics are nice but i never liked a game on that. this might be a different type of war shooter but seems just about the same too me as the others. just more enemies and less amo. the fact that you teammates actually do something is nice, but really, what is so great about this game. before you flame me i have to say that i have beaten this game and this merely personal opinion.
    try the online.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Quote Originally Posted by wii_honor
    I have not played any call of duty games.....how is cod3 for the wii
    scale of 1-10
    about a 7, I loved it! It was great.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Member #
    Friends
    lol, MoH has decent campaign? Its the same thing as any other WWII shooter.

MoH shines in online, same as CoD4. But MoH is sucessful on the Wii because its the best online game for the Wii. Put CoD4 on Wii with online and MoH will die. Put MoH on the 360 and it wont do good. MoH: Airborne didn't do good. There are of course people who like it and play it but CoD4 is still on top by a long shot. Its not like people decide to play it for no reason, its actually waay better.

Hell, Call of Duty 2 is better than MoH. Its like comparing Mario Sunshine to Mario Galaxy.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    lol, MoH has decent campaign? Its the same thing as any other WWII shooter.

MoH shines in online, same as CoD4. But MoH is sucessful on the Wii because its the best online game for the Wii. Put CoD4 on Wii with online and MoH will die. Put MoH on the 360 and it wont do good. MoH: Airborne didn't do good. There are of course people who like it and play it but CoD4 is still on top by a long shot. Its not like people decide to play it for no reason, its actually waay better.

Hell, Call of Duty 2 is better than MoH. Its like comparing Mario Sunshine to Mario Galaxy.
    just putting cod4 on wii wont get it any sales. people look for good controls and some look for graphics. if you havent noticed, activision doesnt use there own servers. how do you think this would possibly work on wii. they would be forced to use friend codes and random match ups. activision shows a history of leaving out features on the wii. they would most likely leave something out here. they did it with cod3, they did it with gh3 and uf cod4 comes to wii, they will do it that game.

for the record. just because most WWll shooters take place in normandy, that doesnt mean they have the same campaigns.

Member #
    Friends
    Call of Duty 3 was developed by an internal devloper within Activision called Treyarch with the help of Pi Studios. While Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4 were all developed by Infinity Ward. So already you have a half ass projected done with Call of Duty 3, which is why its the worst CoD game. Now, if Activision does the development work for porting over Call of Duty 4 then there is a chance it could suck, but since Infinity Ward is the developers they probably wouldn't screw over Wii. I'm pretty sure CoD3 didn't have online because developers didn't know whether it would even work because hardly any games are online on the Wii.

Guitar Hero 3 also was not developed by Activision, nor was it developed by Neversoft (developers of 360/PS3 version). It was developed by Vicarious Visions. Which btw, the only thing GH3 has on 360/PS3 that Wii doesn't have is Dolby Pro Logic II. Which is Vicarious Visions fault for not porting it right.

So anyway, if Infinity Ward ported CoD4 themselves over to Wii, it could still do good. Problem is, Wii online sucks so they don't bother because CoD4 is mainly about online play. But if they did, it will still do better than MoH, because its just that much better. As long as the ported over version isnt sloppy.
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    ^you wouldnt mind COD4 on wii which uses nintendo servers? we would have to deal with friend codes and all that sort of stuff. i dont mind them nor am i criticizing it. i just want to know if you would buy a fps with friend codes and match up or a fps which uses EA servers.

Member #
    Friends
    I have a 360 so I would rather buy it on that.

But, if i only had Wii I would pick playing using Nintendo severs...
    I imagine you will want an explaination.

EA SUCKS and CoD4 would be worth it. Btw being randomly matched is better, it makes for more balanced games instead of people who play with only friends and fight noobs which make for imbalanced matches. e.g. - Gears of War. CoD4 is already randomly matched depending on your skill level on Xbox so... yea... But on xbox they have Player Matches which allow you to play with friends if you want. But those games don't count to anything.

Even with all this said, I doubt CoD4 will ever be on Wii unless Activision or some internal developer does it, which will probably screw the game up. Infinity Ward isn't going to do it because if they were going to, they would have been did it.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    ^ well any how i agree COD4 isnt coming to the wii. lets just hope for the fifth.

Member #
    Friends
    i have it on my playstation3 its awsome!

Member #
    Friends
    You'd think that the hype and the mass of CoD4 could go to the Wii. I mean how hard is it for the developers, that Infinity Ward has, to make it online and capable for the Wii Zapper. The people of EA did it. I don't see why they can't.

Ads