Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1068-5484-5040-5014

Online Gaming in 2008?

Hey there

Well I was wondering what are some of the games being released in 2008 that are gonna have a pretty good online component apart from Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (it's not out yet in the UK). As I don't really like games were I have to rely on other people to play and prefer to complete the single player part of the game then play the online part of the game. So are there any other titles that are set to have good online multi-player in 2008 other than the 3 I've listed?

Thanks for your help and time.
    Last edited by d3moliti0n; 12-28-2007 at 05:27 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    2826-3679-3570-3759
    You basically already mentioned the good ones.
    Pure Aussie

Member #
    Friends
    1068-5484-5040-5014
    So theres only 3 Wii games with a good online mode due out in 2008?
    Mario Strikers Charged Friend Code: 468272 163765
    PM me if you add me.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    That we know of yes. Im waiting for heroes 2 as well Dont forget battalion wars 2
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    A few others:

Super Mario Stadium Baseball
    (I'm gonna predict) Call of Duty 5
    Guitar Hero 4
    Worms: A Space Oddity
    Civilization Revolution
    (Possibly) Spore (May not come out until 2009)
    New Bond game
    Endless Ocean (Not out in the States)
    Bomberman Wii

I'm sure there's more left and more to be announced, but that's a pretty good list right there in my opinion.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    How is it possible that Nintendo doesn't have plans for an online bowling game? Ever since the Wii came out with Wii Sports, people have been saying that Wii Bowling should be an online game with leagues and whatnot. I think they are completely missing the boat with not putting out a bowling title for online play. Anyone heard anything about something like that coming out?

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    There's a few bowling games out, but I don't think any go online. Of course, I'd be very surprised if we don't a Wii Sports 2 eventually with online leaderboards and whatnot. I do very much like your idea of leagues though. That'd be a very cool addition.

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    I think nintendo got caught off guard by how many adults with kids play the wii. An online bowling league is a perfect way of being able to do something social without having to get a babysitter. A lot of our friends have a Wii and we would all sign up for an online league to play in. We can put together a league now, but you never know who would cheat when the scores are reported, so it would be nice to be able to have an online league keep track of scores and whatnot. It would be great to be able to sign up online with as many mii's as you want and then pick and choose which teams you wanted to be on. So if myself and another person in my household wanted to be on the same team, we would simply sign up two of our Mii's. And if we wanted to be on the same team as our friends, we could start a bowling team, and have them join it or vice versa. So we could all play from our homes, but still be on the same team. I have a bad feeling that if they made it, you would only be allowed to have one person from head Wii system play online at the same time. It seems like a basic concept, but I think the coding and whatnot would be more complicated to allow more than one player from each house to play on the same team. I know they do it on 360 with the shooter games and a split screen, but not sure if they could make it happen on the Wii.

I think a Wii sports 2 would be a great idea for online play. They could have boxing online, where you could go up and down the rankings. Same thing with tennis. You could do singles and doubles teams there. Online play for Wii sports would be a great idea. Let's just hope someone at Nintendo thinks of this soon!!
    Last edited by alaxgoaly8; 12-28-2007 at 10:29 AM.

Ads