+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by D1nner
    Isnt that when Jeff Gerstman got fired for going overboard in his review on Kane and Lynch?
    Ya, its because they had a lot of advertising for it on their site, and were pretty much just paid off to give it a good review, but he was honest and told how much it sucked....so they fired him.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

Ya, its because they had a lot of advertising for it on their site, and were pretty much just paid off to give it a good review, but he was honest and told how much it sucked....so they fired him.
    They were told the advertisements would be pulled if he doesn't get fired. It was the media that forced his outing, not gamespot. Gamespot only followed it through.

Member #
    Friends
    Wow sucks for him then... But it was good for him to do that.
    MSC FC - 524093 098845
    PM me if you add me and see if you can beat me

Brawl FC : 4425 1138 7831
    If you add me, PM, and il give you gold!

Member #
    Friends
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    Jeff Gerstmen is a modern day hero!
    Would like a sig to enter here.

I have two personalities: Personality 1/Social/school= Metro/Skate/surf brand clothes and jokes. Personality 2/Wiichat=... Grammer and long words.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Lol ya. I wonder what he is doing now, maybe in a suit jumping off rooftops... Jokes aside i really do wonder what he is doing now.
    MSC FC - 524093 098845
    PM me if you add me and see if you can beat me

Brawl FC : 4425 1138 7831
    If you add me, PM, and il give you gold!

Member #
    Friends
    2878-9257-8140-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDV99
    Lol ya. I wonder what he is doing now, maybe in a suit jumping off rooftops... Jokes aside i really do wonder what he is doing now.
    Im sure he can get a job at any review site anyway. (i.e IGN)

Thanks for the sig, gidget!

Gamertag: D1nner
    SSBB Code: 2878-9257-8140

Peach Smash Guild Member

Working on L4D Achievements 49/50 PM if wanna play

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    i feel proud of a guy like jeff gerstman. He is like what tom hanks played in schindlers list. a good movie

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    5139-6750-7006-5371
    Seriously I don't like Mario Galaxy. I don't like those type of adventure games.
    Although I know it is a really great game, with awesome gameplay, great graphics and they deserve it!!!!
    F*** gamespot they only pick gun games and stuff, they can't pick for sh*t.

I got nothing...

Member #
    Friends
    Gamespot isnt a Wii hater, Wii just had alot of shitty games this year and everyone knows it. Aside from Nintendo, the developers have sucked except for a few games.

What sucks about gamespot that is obvious is how a game gets double the votes as SMG but loses. Even though the votes were basically for fun to see what the people thought, it just shows what game actually is better. It just so happens a few people who work at gamespot happen to be Mario lovers and decided its better.

I liked SMG alot, but im sorry its just not better than Call of Duty 4 and Crysis and its obvious the majority agree. Thats why I hate awards that are "best of year" but its not voted by the people. Thats why I like awards like MTV's viewers choice award, which is the highest award there is for MTV Music Video Awards. But the people are the ones who actually get to vote, instead of a small group of people who decide. Thats like 17 white guys, 3 black guys voting for best video of the year, chances are there is no way a rap video will win.

GOTY should voted publicly, but using a voting system that isnt abusable.

Btw, IGN also had shady business, but it wasn't as bad as Gamespot's Kane and Lynch. It had to do with Assassins Creed, which also had to do with advertisments. But the guy went back and started editing things and was caught.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    5139-6750-7006-5371
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Gamespot isnt a Wii hater, Wii just had alot of shitty games this year and everyone knows it. Aside from Nintendo, the developers have sucked except for a few games.

What sucks about gamespot that is obvious is how a game gets double the votes as SMG but loses. Even though the votes were basically for fun to see what the people thought, it just shows what game actually is better. It just so happens a few people who work at gamespot happen to be Mario lovers and decided its better.

I liked SMG alot, but im sorry its just not better than Call of Duty 4 and Crysis and its obvious the majority agree. Thats why I hate awards that are "best of year" but its not voted by the people. Thats why I like awards like MTV's viewers choice award, which is the highest award there is for MTV Music Video Awards. But the people are the ones who actually get to vote, instead of a small group of people who decide. Thats like 17 white guys, 3 black guys voting for best video of the year, chances are there is no way a rap video will win.

GOTY should voted publicly, but using a voting system that isnt abusable.

Btw, IGN also had shady business, but it wasn't as bad as Gamespot's Kane and Lynch. It had to do with Assassins Creed, which also had to do with advertisments. But the guy went back and started editing things and was caught.
    Dude, are you f******** kidding me?
    Wii got the most awesome games this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got nothing...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads