+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GH 3 question

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1699-7356-0266-3132
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose
    Seriously? They changed it? I don't own GHIII for good reason.

Another reason why i will refuse to buy it. Neversoft and Activision have pretty much ruined it for me. tis a shame.
    Oh really? I haven't played 1 and 2 so I didn't know it used to be like that...
    I wonder why it was changed...
    GH3 Friend Code : 133259736307
    username: SOOHYUN
    Please add me, and then pm me so that I can add you also.
    I only play pro face off in expert.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I think someone bought Red Octain out. Besides Activsion are great at creating online features

Moose: Theres every need to endorse Slash, He's a legend. And rights to more songs was my main aim

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    1606-9696-7776-6446
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    I think someone bought Red Octain out. Besides Activsion are great at creating online features

Moose: Theres every need to endorse Slash, He's a legend. And rights to more songs was my main aim
    I didn't say Slash needs to be endorsed, i said the game doesn't need to be edorsed by him. Slash is a legend, there is no doubt about that, but i don't think the game needs to be edorsed by him because the game is itself legendary.

Yeah, Activision bought out Red Octane, MTV bought out Harmonix (or atleast teamed up with them.) I hate MTV, but ironically i think Rock band is far better than GHIII.
    EA Persona: JohnPetrucci
    BWii FC: 210 568 264 047 PM me if you add me

Newest Wii Purchase: Wii Zapper/Links Crossbow Training, Super Mario Strikers Charged

Member #
    Friends

Another reason why i will refuse to buy it. Neversoft and Activision have pretty much ruined it for me. tis a shame.
    actually no, they didn't change it. the notes without the black ring around the white circle (a.k.a. glowing white top) have always been hammer-ons/pull-offs (meaning they can be played by just tapping the colored fret, saving you from having to strum the note as well). what you're describing as star power notes are indeed the notes that are not circular, but star-like in shape.

it has been this way through all three games in the series.

Member #
    Friends
    1606-9696-7776-6446
    Quote Originally Posted by eskiemong
    Oh really? I haven't played 1 and 2 so I didn't know it used to be like that...
    I wonder why it was changed...
    Probably to make it easier. sometimes it was hard to see when you could use a hammer on and pull off, but that was fixed (atleast i think so) in GHII. far easier to do HO/PO in GHII.

Newest Wii Purchase: Wii Zapper/Links Crossbow Training, Super Mario Strikers Charged

Member #
    Friends
    1606-9696-7776-6446
    Quote Originally Posted by sh0ebox
    actually no, they didn't change it. the notes without the black ring around the white circle (a.k.a. glowing white top) have always been hammer-ons/pull-offs (meaning they can be played by just tapping the colored fret, saving you from having to strum the note as well). what you're describing as star power notes are indeed the notes that are not circular, but star-like in shape.

it has been this way through all three games in the series.
    I'm fairly certain that there were no star shaped notes in GHI or II but i haven't played either in a while. The HO/PO notes never "glowed" in the previous titles. you just sort of had to judge by how fast the notes were moving. but the star power notes you had to nail did infact glow.

Member #
    Friends
    All this should be in your manual...why didn't you check there first?
    Boy I guess all of you should have read the manual... LOL

Glad I asked>>>

Member #
    Friends

Do you really think the change was that upsetting? Because I've had friends who have played the previous versions still feel right at home with GH3, only minor cosmetic changes.

Or at least, I've never seen anything remotely resembling a change that would have "pretty much ruined it" for anybody. What's your beef?

CU Guild For Life! :DDD WiiWouldLike2Play's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2881-3576-4343-5770
    Quote Originally Posted by AoWFraggit
    those are called hammer ons and pull offs. in short, they can be played without strumming by just pressing the frets. check the in game tutorial for more details.
    No way. Lol. Wow >_> I didn't know that! Thanks guys. Lol

_December 19th, o8`_
    My amazing Games
    CounterStrike || Left 4 Dead || World of Warcraft: Lich King.
    Steam ID: APPLExCHiCk
    Wanna play CounterStrike/Left4Dead? Hit me up (:
    WoW - Realm/Vashj || Character/Zaduka || Horde, ftw!
    Status - O_o Just got back guys. Nice to see you all again!

Member #
    Friends
    1606-9696-7776-6446
    Quote Originally Posted by vi3tmix
    Do you really think the change was that upsetting? Because I've had friends who have played the previous versions still feel right at home with GH3, only minor cosmetic changes.

Or at least, I've never seen anything remotely resembling a change that would have "pretty much ruined it" for anybody. What's your beef?

The song choices i think are pretty crappy. There are really good songs on there, but the bad pretty much out weigh the good for me.

What i mentioned earlier didn't upset me enough to not buy it. In fact, i didn't even know they changed that until now. It is a minor change that really doesn't change the way the game is played, just the way it's presented. i don't really have a problem with that. But the fact that they changed something that worked REALLY WELL is unsettling.

The introduction of Boss battles i think is just totally stupid. Seriously? having a guitar duel with Slash and Tom?

But the biggest beef i have with it is the introduction of the battle system where the soul purpose is to screw up the guy next to you. The old battle system (Which is still on there i believe) was perfect. the person who nailed the most notes, with the highest multiplier consistently and scored the highest (although somtimes that was not the case) won. Pretty simple. Whoever was the better "musician" won.

The new battle system is biggest beef i have with the game. it's changed the multiplayer from "whoever has mastered the song, wins" to "whoever masteres the first 15 seconds, and unleasheshs all of their screw up deals (i forget what they are called), wins". To me, it just takes away from the original intention of the game.

I know i don't have to play these modes, and after playing the songs i don't like once, i don't have to ever play them again, but whats the point of paying 80+ dollars for a game that i don't even like almost everything on there? Waste of my money.

Ads