LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    People, if the graphics mattered, why do people still enjoy titles like original zelda, the first mario game on the virtual console. There are many factors that make a game great. Some of them include gameplay, music, storyline,yes graphics and many other things. How would it feel if u were playing resident evil and suddenely, the music changes to polka music. weird right? those all factors must be incorporated well into a game to make it good. thats why games like ocarina of time, super mario galaxy are praised even though they have low graphical capabilities. Anyways wiis graphics are not bad. they could sure improve.
    Zelda, Link to the Past on SNES was absolutely amazing. Obviously bad graphics. Those graphics don't make the game any worse. My point is that I don't want Nintendo to release a game that looks like Zelda, Link to the Past on the Wii. I don't want them to release a game that looks like Super Mario Sunshine or anything on GC. I payed that $250 to upgrade my console to the next generation graphics. Luckily Nintendo infact compensated for those graphics for many extra options like the VC and Motion controls. Along with all of the channels. I am pleased with my purchased but I can not be satisfied with the Wii alone. I decided to get the Xbox 360 as well and now I have the best of both worlds. I must say, Nintendo has the best games.

Please feel free to contact me for any SBTourney related questions at:
    mingus@smashbrostourney.com

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mingus
    I payed that $250 to upgrade my console to the next generation graphics
    well you bought the wii for the wrong resons then
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    well you bought the wii for the wrong resons then
    I think not. I don't know how long you've been around but I've been around long enough to have the assumption that I was buying something next generation. At first it was the Atari, then we Upgraded to the NES. After that we upgraded again to the SNES. Next was the N64 and after that the Gamecube. Each one had better graphics than the systems previous. Now that there is 5 generations of gaming consoles. From 1975 to 2001. Over 26 years and with each release we saw a more advanced system. I didn't do much research before buying the Wii, I simply got it because I have always bought from Nintendo, with Atari being the exception. Although I wasn't around in the days of Atari it was that far off. i did infact play it when I was young.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Wiimoto, I dont think thats what he meant, and its not what I mean either. We're talking about actual games. Whats the difference between RE4 and LoZ:TP on Wii and Gamecube? Controls, thats it.
    those two games is what people like to call ports. they consist of basically the same story and mainly the same gameplay with some minor changes.

and for everyone else that say grpahics matter, you people sound really stupid. in what way does graphics make a game more fun to play. if you pay money just for graphics that is just said. if you like a game on a system then ge the system, if you just like the graphics dont get it because of that.

also who cares if every other system has better graphics than the wii. does it really cut off the gameplay, i think not. some of you believe that you need a strong processor to get long games. but in no way is that true. a length of a game all depends on its disc memory. the proccessor controls the framrate. if you want to see lots of explosion then go with a high powered proccessor. but the wii's proccessor is not push over. it is quite capable of showing some very nice prefromances. the wii proccessor is capable of 60 frames per second.

Member #
    Friends
    Who says the Wii is not a next gen system? Next gen doesn't mean better graphics. As has been explained, it's the all-around experience. That's part of why the dreamcast, 3DO, etc. bombed. The other systems just had better games. For example, look at the graphics of the grand theft auto games. The graphics aren't as good as on other games that came out along side them, but they sacrifice graphics for an amazingly huge game. I've heard a lot of complaints of campaigns being way to short on HD games on xbox and ps3. Mario Galaxy is huge.

My only gripe with my wii is the lack of HD. Not for movies or better graphics, but for capacity. This, in my opinion, is the reason games like GTA4 will not come to the wii. In the past, this series has used every bit of disk space they could muster out of the old ps2 and xbox disks. Why would they not do the same with an HD disk? [actually, now that I think about it, xBox 360 games are not on HD disks, are they?]

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by thas
    those two games is what people like to call ports. they consist of basically the same story and mainly the same gameplay with some minor changes.

and for everyone else that say grpahics matter, you people sound really stupid. in what way does graphics make a game more fun to play. if you pay money just for graphics that is just said. if you like a game on a system then ge the system, if you just like the graphics dont get it because of that.

also who cares if every other system has better graphics than the wii. does it really cut off the gameplay, i think not. some of you believe that you need a strong processor to get long games. but in no way is that true. a length of a game all depends on its disc memory. the proccessor controls the framrate. if you want to see lots of explosion then go with a high powered proccessor. but the wii's proccessor is not push over. it is quite capable of showing some very nice prefromances. the wii proccessor is capable of 60 frames per second.
    For one, your thinking is flawed. If that is they case, go play the SNES because the gameplay was incredible. Every system is going to have good games. The Xbox 360 has good games. So does Ps1 Ps2 Ps3. The Gamecube did as well as the Xbox. Therefore, if every system has it's own good games there are a few things that determine which I will purchase. The Game Controller, the Console abilities (online, blu-ray or hd) and accessories, and graphics. As I continue to say, the Wii luckily has some amazing games or I wouldn't give it a second thought. Not to mention it's abilities, such as motion controls, and channels. But we only spend the money to get the next generation for newer graphics and more capabilities. The games on the newer systems could easily be produced on our older consoles. I mean, do you get what I'm saying. I can't really figure out how to put it.

Member #
    Friends
    Eh, I think graphics is a split concept, graphic capabilities on the wii ARE more advanced then the gamecube. They are, and if you don't want to belive it thats up to you. A game can have good graphics, but when a game designer makes them, they can leave some parts undetailed, leaving for a flat, hollow, stripped game. Thats what alot of the games on the Wii did. Also, games with better graphics take longer to make, so the ps3 and xbox aren't getting as many games as we are. But the games on the Wii that took time into their games and gave everything detail, then thats what makes them that much better, and along with the gameplay makes them great. Games like the original zelda games and mario games are good because every part of them has been done well, one part isn't missing. A game works well because all the parts mesh together to make the gaming experience, and if one part is messed up, like graphics, then it won't be as good of a game.

Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Warioware Smooth Moves, Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock, Super Paper Mario, Wii Play, Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
    -=Join the NEW Sonic Fan Club, PM FLYNNN=-

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    more good games will come. mark my words. developers have realized that mini games/ports/rushed games arent what people want. they want real stuff. just lok at games like disaster, baroque, sadness that will be coming out on wii..

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    i stand by my statement you bought it for the wrong reasons.

you want to play games with good graphics and you bought a wii thats like buying a laptop to play games you will get some have decent grapics but if you bought a pc you would get a lot more.

and the first console i remember playing was sega saturn- and i loved it but im now older and i have moved on.

last gen i had ps2 and imo fought the graphics were nice, and the wii is more powerful so i dont mind graphics that way i just want some good games
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    I made a video about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMRKH-vkBI plz rate it well because some asshole who has a ps3 rated it 1 star
    Mii Channels: internet, smb, smb3, caslevania, everybody votes, check mii out, kirbys adventures, mario bros, metroide, donkey kong, pokemon snap, super mario 64, wave race 64, mario kart 64, paper mario, Super metroide, star fox 64, Street Fighter 2

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads