LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    got it for a suprise xmas gift...but i love it now..

these dont really suit title.

i just liked getting more involved in games...like eyetoy was great beacuse you were in it same as wii
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    I feel that the Wii targets 3 untouched groups of the gaming world. One group is our younger society. I had to buy my 6 year old brother an Xbox 360 for Christmas because I couldn't find a Wii for cheaper than $500 dollars. He has two games, Viva Pinata and Star Wars Legos. That's it. Everything else on the 360 is rated M. The Wii has tons of games designed for younger people.

Another group is our casual gaming society. The people that like games that are easier to hop right into. The Wii has many simple mini-games that offer tons of fun.

For all the rest of us more hardcore Nintendo fans we have all of our classics. Something all other consoles do not offer. We have Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, and all other types of platformers that I'm not mentioning. Sony did have Resident Evil but now it's on every other console and Halo is pretty much done. Thankfully all the platformers are incredible. Know that Nintendo has never been just about getting more money. They have always provided the finest games of the finest quality.

Please feel free to contact me for any SBTourney related questions at:
    mingus@smashbrostourney.com

Let the Wii pwnage begin. sarasota's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Because the Wii allows me to "shake the can".

*LOL*

MOHH2 Persona: BCKaptKrunch
    Games Pwned (Sorry, Owned): Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Madden '08, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Rayman, Rayman 2, Trauma Center, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Tiger Woods '08, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Need for Speed Carbon, Dance Dance Revolution, Wii Sports

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    Quote Originally Posted by Mingus
    For all the rest of us more hardcore Nintendo fans we have all of our classics. Something all other consoles do not offer. We have Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, and all other types of platformers that I'm not mentioning. Sony did have Resident Evil but now it's on every other console and Halo is pretty much done. Thankfully all the platformers are incredible. Know that Nintendo has never been just about getting more money. They have always provided the finest games of the finest quality.
    no offence but your really misusing the word "platformer" there. a platfomer i s genre where the main objective in a level is to get past obsticals like in mario games.

the reason i got the is mainly because of the first party products that where there. motion control is a bonus. also my favourite genre is the platformers. and nintendo systems always get the most of those.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by thas
    no offence but your really misusing the word "platformer" there. a platfomer i s genre where the main objective in a level is to get past obsticals like in mario games.

the reason i got the is mainly because of the first party products that where there. motion control is a bonus. also my favourite genre is the platformers. and nintendo systems always get the most of those.
    Damn. Well I appreciate being informed of this. I have never really looked up the meanings of game genres. I assumed platformer was a game designed for a single platform (or console). Meaning that Mario was a platformer because it is soley for the Wii Platform. Well then now that platformer is no longer what I thought it to be what infact do we call games like Mario, Zelda, Halo, Resident Evil?

Member #
    Friends
    Mario, Zelda and Halo are whats called 1st party games. Resident Evil is basically on all consoles except for RE:UC so its basically 3rd party.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Mario, Zelda and Halo are whats called 1st party games. Resident Evil is basically on all consoles except for RE:UC so its basically 3rd party.
    If I remember correctly, Resident Evil use to be a First Party game to Sony. They never had Resident Evil on any other console until just recently.

Member #
    Friends
    the wii has 1 HUGE advantage ........the wiimote

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mingus
    If I remember correctly, Resident Evil use to be a First Party game to Sony. They never had Resident Evil on any other console until just recently.
    Naw, it was actually 2nd party. It was developed by an outside company (Capcom) for Sony. They were contracted by sony which made it exclusive for the PSone. So that made it a 2nd party game. Some companies are 2nd party, but at the same time aren't... For example Retro Studios was an outside company made as a game developer for Nintendo. But now the whole company is owned by Nintendo which makes it 1st party.

Capcom isnt owned by anyone but itself. But they do contracts with companies for exclusive games. When PS2, Gamecube and Xbox came out, Capcom started a new contract with Gamecube. But something happened and they really didn't follow the contract and found a loophole and made games for PS2 because it wasn't part of the main story. Like RE0 RE Code Veronica, RE Outbreak 1/2. I dont know what happened with RE4 though.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Welcome to the Good Life Desi_Wii_G's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8914-3870-7184-8437
    1) The Wii is much cheaper than other systems.
    2) Comes with a free game.(Wii Sports)
    3) The new sensor remote idea blew my mind!
    4) Mario ruled the world before anyone else.
    5) Extremely fun to play.
    6) I trust Nintendo!

Brawl Friend Code:0559-6444-7466
    Name For Brawl: SanMN
    PM Me If You Add Me!

Ads