LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    This will never happen. You notice how pretty much ALL of the big A-List games aren't on the Wii? They all use hi-def graphics these days and the Wii just unfortunately can't compete on the same level, and RE5 is going to be extremely graphically intense, they would never release two hi-def versions and one worse-looking version. The Wii comes out with games that play to it's strengths, not ones that embarrassingly point out its flaws.
    Get a 360 AND a Wii and enjoy the best of both worlds.
    WWW.WEARETHEKEY.NET
    WEARETHEKEY.FREEFORUMS.ORG

Come join and help the world Evolve!

BRAWL CODE - 3265-4747-0770
    Wii Console - 2504-6852-5346-7730

2. Ads

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Game publishers only care about sales, thats all, if they thought the original sonic game would be a hit again they would sell it just the way it is, to them a sales a sale

and when it comes down game design you play to the systems good points, for 360/ps3 thats graphics

for wii its motion controll... so its highly likely that they will make another version with less comparable graphics but using complete motion controll instead...

you have to remeber it takes anyware from 6 months to 2 years to make most games, no one in the gaming industry including nintendo knew how big the Wii was gonna be...
    there are probably alot of 3rd party games already designed based around graphics instead of controlls just for that reason...
    but now with the systems being out a little over a year and nintendo still in the lead you will see things change.
    They will eaither make 2 versions of a game from the start or they will make one and hope they sell enough copies to still be in buisness...
    they are a buisness like any other, all they care about in the end is the money.

Member #
    Friends
    Why don't Capcom develop a Wii exclusive resi evil game but actually put effort into unlike the crap that was umbrella chronicles.

Member #
    Friends
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    uh. please don't start with the petitions. bottom line is that they WILL NOT WORK.

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Member #
    Friends
    Publishers are the one who makes most of the money. Developers come to a publisher with an idea and ask for funding to make the product. At times Publisher have no idea what the game looks like until very late in production. There's a huge article about it at Game Informer I think. Showing how Publishers can be greedy money grubbers who take advantage of developers, while it also shows how developers can basically steal from the publishers by asking for moeny to develop a certain game, then using that money for developing another game.

It is possible that publishers/developers will see that Wii has sold millions but as of right now, its only ahead of Xbox by a few million and only because of japan. Though, there's a higher chance of publishers knowing and care than the developers. Why? Because developers are HARDCORE gamers. and ALOT of hardcore gamers do not like the Wii. Why? Because hardcore gamers love graphics, online, headset chatting, and anything that adds extra to the game (Expansions, Gamerscore, DLC, etc.) So being a hardcore gamer, if chances are you like Xbox/PS3 over the Wii then you are going to make it on the console you like best and the console you think most hardcore gamers like.

Im pretty sure if you took a tally of the people who own Wii, chances are more casual gamers own the Wii than hardcore. Because even though most people here seem to be leaning more towards hardcore, the millions of casual gamers dont care enough to make posts on the internet.

Even though you have hardcore type games like Zelda/SMG/SSBB that will sell alot, its because even casual gamers can play it.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    very true... but like you said its the publishers that make the money... not the developers... and thats why most video games you see specailly 3rd party looks like the intro to a movie, It starts with the Big producer be it Capcom,EA,Sega.. ect and then have the name of a game designing company you never heard of... you see 3 or more company names flash before your eyes before the game stars... its usually the last little one that acctually made the game in the first place...

but just like the publisher the developers have to make money... developers do care about game quality and everything, but they still have to eat... for every 10 games they dont really want to make they might get 1 special project that they do...
    you will even notice alot of times gaming awards go to some crazy game you never heard of made by a small company because it was truley unique and new put out by a developer... something a big publishing company wont risk there rep or money on most the time....

there are a ton of big hits that we already heard will make it to the wii very soon... things like rock band "special wii version is in the mix",guitar hero 3, sports games out the butt, and alot of FPS like tom clancy games, these are games that normally wouldn't hit nintendo systems at all... but because of pure sales they kinda have to
    with the gameplay of this sytem they can still go down a notch with graphics and replace it with improved gameplay...

what kind of FPS do you want? one with crazy graphics that are so clear you think its real and a 6 axis joystick? or one with a wiimote gun that you have to whip around and aim for real, that feels and acts more lifelike? its kinda a toss up eaither way is great and with this gen of systems it will probably go both ways...
    its the next gen that will have to include all of it that will be great for gamers...

Member #
    Friends
    I would much rather prefer using the Wii mote to aim. Its simply fun as hell. Problem is not graphics, its the fact that my Xbox has alot more features. Mainly the online and downloadable content. Even for games that are only single player their are achievements which are fun to get. Then lately most games announce that they will be releasing expansions and downloadable content to add on to the game so I end up getting all my 3rd party games on Xbox and get exclusive games on my Wii, like Super mario, zelda, RE4, etc.

So even if RE5 came out on Wii, which would be really cool with the aiming. I would still get it on Xbox because I would be missing out on potential DLC and the fun of getting achievements. An achievement for blowing off 250 heads would be cool.
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    are these games good ive never played them before because i thought i would wet my pants if i got scared

Member #
    Friends
    Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360 is making me wanna buy a 360 oh and the fact that they are getting

RESI EVIL 5

woop woop looks like I shall be investing in a 360 this month

Member #
    Friends
    What games Nights?

Ohh ally, I forgot about Ninja Gaiden 2. Im gettin that too, that game is gonna be fun.

Ads