LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    You obviously missed the whole entire point of the article. its about third party games selling well. most third party games so far have been complete shit but sell well, where as when a AA title like Zack and Wiki comes along that is a third party title and sells like shit, it gives the Wii and its owners little hope. If you were not aware there is something called the: Nintendo Curse. This is the reason why N64 didn't do as well and why Gamecube failed. The only good games on the system are first party Nintendo titles (your MP3 and Zelda that you mentioned) and since they are so good and they have so many properties to make them from, no third party can compete with them so they give up and move to other systems.

Oh, and an MMORPG on the Wii will probably never happen. MMORPGs are tough to make for consoles, a true MMORPG hasn't even been made for a console yet (all though many claim to have made them). The Wii will be the last choice for developers to make an MMORPG on because of its inferior online capabilities.
    Seems like you missed my point. the points you made are all correct. but what im saying is, surely the future of good thrid party games coming out, DOESNT rely on one game (zack and wiki). It relies on all thrid party games, that arent mini games. Such as "smarty pants".

I agre with you here sovieto (even though i dont like you) but all im saying is, not ONLY do we have to buy games lik Zack and wiki, but also other hardcore games, from third parties. such as MOH:h2, no more heroes, etc. I mentioned Zelda and metroid since they can be classed as hardcore, i wasnt pointing out their frist party development.

As for the MMORPG, i was aiming for a smaller MMORPG if you catch my drift? hard to explain. Animal crossing Wii's online mode is similar to what im talking about. a small group of online vatars/chracters in one place, playing a a game. i dont neccesarily mean 1,000 on one server, as you would find on WoW.

Member #
    Friends
    ^ will monster hunter 3 not hav this (never played it but heard on psp you could game with 4 people at a time
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    ^ will monster hunter 3 not hav this (never played it but heard on psp you could game with 4 people at a time
    yeah yoru right it will have it. 6 players i think?

Member #
    Friends
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Zack and Wiki is just one example, what about MOHH2. It had pretty good sales. And other third party games are becoming big hits. Like SSX Blur sold well. We will see more third party games in 08 and we need to continue strong support. And I'm sorry but Zack and Wiki was not advertised well. There were no ads in Magazines, TV, or anywhere. No one will buy a game they don't know anything about.

Now Playing
    -Sin and Punishment: Star Successor- -DJ Hero- - Goldeneye 007- -Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex- -Dead Space: Extraction- -Muramasa: The Demon Blade- -Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands- -Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles- -Red Steel 2- -Monster Hunter Tri-
    Goldeneye 007 FC :1371-0470-9201
    Modern Warfare Reflex FC: 0724-1130-4548

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    I think MORPG's on the wii are indeed possible and likely..just not MMORPG's.

meaning an online multi player rpg on wii is possible, even probable, but it won't be on a massive scale like WoW, EQ, ect.. there is no way the wii could handle something THAT big, but a smaller sized game with let's say similar in size and scale to diablo 2? that is possible on the wii. and come to think of it, since the entire context was most mouse driven the wii could do a pretty good job at it. But that is just me speculating/ rambling here.

The key here is the lack of hard drive, and the 'limited' processing capabilities of the wii. You'd have to "tone down' the technology to accommodate the wii's capabilities. But there is no doubt in my mind it could be done.

Now diablo 2 i guess isn't a true rpg, but it could be classified under the genre. I was just using that as an example as to how you could design something for the wii that may not be too bad, considering the technology we're working on here.

I think that some from of an online rpg for th wii will happen, but it probably won't be received well by the technophiles since they're more than likely gonna accept no less than WoW quality..even from a wii. So if you're willing to sacrifice a bit on the graphics you can more than likely get a decent rpg experience out of it,and let's not forget that they could very well release a Official Nintendo Hard drive for the wii along with the launch of said morpg. Not unlike the GCN when they tried to take it online, the peripherals to connect either TCP/IP or Ethernet were ususally bundles in, (and weren't cheap) so Ninty could try the same move again with the HDD. But that would no doubt sell more since it can have so much more use than just the Morpg.

Just thing a 20 gig hard drive is pretty inexpensive today really. So if Ninty decided t mass produce them and let's say sell them for $50-75 they'd make a profit there, and that's not really unreasonable asking price for a licensed product IMO.

So there is hope that this might happen someday but not yet that's for sure. IT probably won't be until well into the new year until they even try and consider the idea, let alone start producing anything, and that's the earliest..more than likely we'll be waiting for a while,but it will happen...eventualy.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo
    For the most part, I blame the Nintendo fans for this. No matter how crappy a game is, if it has Mario or some other iconic Nintendo figure, it will automatically get bought over another game of greater quality but of a lesser name. People talk about how Microsoft and Sony have fanboys, but the Nintendo fanboys literally are the worst of the bunch. If you take a mini-game collection, slap Mario and/or Sonic on it *cough*, it's going to sell a hell of a lot more than an actual game with a theme, that required some thought, and in turn requires thought to play.
    Actually, the problem is that Nintendo is only company that cares to make a good game and people know that. Almost every game so far has been one to remember. I don't necessarily look for anything with the name Mario but I look for good games and everytime I look I see another game Nintendo spent time and effort producing for their loyal customers. The big problem is that Nintendo puts forth little effort assisting their Third Party producers.

This causes me to want to purchase Zack and Wiki. The reason I haven't mainly has to do with the name. It, to me, seemed like every other let down Third Party Game Companies have released.

Please feel free to contact me for any SBTourney related questions at:
    mingus@smashbrostourney.com

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Zack and Wiki was just an example, I realize it doesn't depend on one game.
    It was just one of the better ones at there, thats why I mentioned it.

People still need to buy more of the third party games, clearly not enough people are doing it or we would have more support then what we are averaging now.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    ye but most of the good ones havent cme out in europe like moh:h2 so we can contribute right now
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    I agree with this article and certainly plan on gettin zack and wiki. Altough I might buy it second hand. Theres just so many other great titles releasing just after zack and wiki. No more money for those 2. Altough it looks like a great game.

I didnt knew so many developpers where watching this game.
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    Extra Life Mushroom.....are you like my carbon copy? :|

Ads