LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Subliminal messages. That's why we don't get bored.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Thats easy, mario is a good character who's games have great appeal and design. Unlike what the article said, its not the same thing ever time, each game is different from the last in MANY ways. Nintendo just sometimes re-ports their games so people can buy them, like super mario worlds 1-4 for advance, and the new super mario bros was just a new game based off those games for more people to get into mario. Mario's sorta Nintendo's logo, and we aren't getting bored of him, because his games are GOOD. Thats why. We got bored of people like spyro and rayman because their games are getting boring and old, so no one really talks about them anymore...

Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Warioware Smooth Moves, Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock, Super Paper Mario, Wii Play, Mercury Meltdown Revolution, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
    -=Join the NEW Sonic Fan Club, PM FLYNNN=-

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    His argument applies to almost everygame i can think of. A franchise reaches a "terminal velocity" and stops creating new things. With SMG, Mario has proved that, he has still kept everything he had, but gave them a twist. and thats what he always does.
    Much like tourism industry. It rises up to stagnation and then reaches the decline or rejuvenation.

Member #
    Friends
    *raises hand*

I'm sick of Mario.

I pretty much refuse to buy anything myself related to Mario that ISN'T his main platform series. And I know you're going to point at Paper Mario in my sig - it was a gift *NYAH*. I am old enough to have played the original Mario on NES when it came out, so that could have something to do with it.

I'm sorry, but Mario's become a cameo-whore

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    well thats the thing they argument saying its the same everytime ,but we know hes been in over 200 games...
    ok well how many are based on saving the princess... maybe a dozen? including handhelds

and he has been around for over 23 years... thats one game every 2 years on average... and that time line just keeps getting spread farther and farther apart they give mario fans one one of each style "besides party won't argue they over do that" per console.... so if you only like the original style game you gotta wait 5 years for another one to come out that also goes for Mario paper,kart,smash all of them... with 5 years or more between each title, and a new console to play your favorite game on with a twist... of course they are gonna keep mario alive...

Thats just smart buisness, the next generation picks it up and plays if... Same reason Disney releases a movie only every 7 years from the vault for DVD sales.... if you have to much of something all the time its worthless to everyone... But wait a god amount of time and even though its already been around "its new all over again to many" And disney doesn't Change the movies at all...lol

The guy who wrote the article "not on this site" is a HALO poster boy when you look at him... of course he hates mario, hes killing the xbox one fun game at a time...

That would be like me ranting about Halo, but i dont rant abou it its an awsome game i still play it once in a while myself.... maybe its because halo doesnt threaten my system? who knows but i think the kid needs some therapy

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    i dont see how you people think mario is repetitive. the only thing i see thats the really the same is the story. who cares about that. no one buys a mario game for the story.

In the original quote. the person said in the last paragraph that mario games always have the same puzzles and stuff like that. seems to me this person has never played a mario game before. mario is a platformer, which means that the game is about overcoming obsticals. you cant tell me that the obsticals are the same in every game and even if they are in some level they are organised in different and very interesting way.

why dont people get bored of mario? well because he comes up with something new every time, even though its always to save peach.

Member #
    Friends
    6873-9817-9041-2501
    After reading the initial post, I had quite a few things I was going to say.

But wezeles pretty much summed up every feeling I have had on the topic.

I have been playing Mario games since Donkey Kong back in the arcades on through the NES, SNES, N64, etc versions. I don't get tired of them, because for the most part, each new game brings SOMETHING new.

It really is hard to be innovative anymore. Almost everything has been done and done to death. But Mario seems to bring JUST enough to keep me coming back for more.
    Currently playing: Super Swing Golf Season 2

Games Owned: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Swing Golf Season 2, Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda Twilight Princess, Trauma Center New Blood, Harry Potter OOTP, Zak & Wiki, Metroid Prime 3, Big Brain Academy, Battalion Wars 2

VC Games Owned: Punch Out, Legend of Zelda, SMB 3, Super Mario World, Super Metroid

Member #
    Friends
    4103-3191-5795-3127
    Couldn't be bothered reading all that! But people aren't bored because its a winning formula. Paper Mario gives you traditional Mario with a twist and Galaxy is keeping up with the times.

Wii Sports, Red Steel (27%), Zelda : Twilight Princess (Forest Temple), Resident Evil 4 : Wii Edition (3-1), Trauma Center : Second Opinion (Ch2 1), Super Paper Mario (Ch 3-1), Mario Strikers Charged Football, MoH Heroes 2

Member #
    Friends
    8587-1102-6191-9483
    Quote Originally Posted by Budo
    *raises hand*

I'm sick of Mario.

I pretty much refuse to buy anything myself related to Mario that ISN'T his main platform series. And I know you're going to point at Paper Mario in my sig - it was a gift *NYAH*. I am old enough to have played the original Mario on NES when it came out, so that could have something to do with it.

I'm sorry, but Mario's become a cameo-whore
    I agree with this post. His platformer games manage to stay interesting and innovative, which is why most never get bored with him. But mario has touched upon almost every genre of game so far more than once. The biggest offender is Mario Party. I'm not saying his spinoffs are bad games, cause most of them aren't, such as Paper Mario and Super Smash Bros., but Nintendo has overused him in many games. Now one would argue that this is done to appeal to every genre of gamer and for variety, but then why doesn't Nintendo just create new franchises of those genres instead of slapping Mario on it?
    Last edited by jl559; 01-06-2008 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie the Pooh

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

Member #
    Friends
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    you'd have to be an amish demon to not enjoy super mario galaxy.

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Ads