Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Zack & Wiki sinks without trace at retail

Zack & Wiki Sinks Without Trace At Retail
    Damien McFerran.

Shame on you all!

Zack & Wiki, otherwise known as Capcom’s ode to the classic ‘point and click’ adventures of old, is a fantastic game. It’s heartening to see a developer like Capcom putting so much effort into brand new intellectual property and it’s even more encouraging when the end product is so wonderfully polished and enjoyable.

But there’s one slight problem: no one bought it.

After scraping into the Japanese sales charts at a mediocre 29th, the thoroughly likeable game met a similar fate in the States, barely registering on the radar of many Wii owners. The Euro release takes place on 18th January but we're not expecting it to topple the likes of Assassin's Creed and Need for Speed: Prostreet, to be perfectly honest.

We simply cannot fathom why this is the case here at NintendoLife Towers; this is a triple A title worthy of anyone’s time and money, yet it vanishes almost without trace at retail. What is wrong with the general public? (And by ‘general public’, we naturally mean you.)

It’s hard to complain about a lack of innovation when titles of this quality fail to entice people to part with their cold, hard cash. We only hope that this won’t put Capcom off experimenting with new franchises in the future.

i saw no advertising for this game at all and come to think of it i have not even seen it at walmart which is where i get most of my games. how are people going to buy something they no nothing about?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1137-5638-7724-4772
    I haven't checked to see where all I've seen it, but Best Buy (where I bought mine) had several of them, and I know I've seen the game elsewhere, so it's out there, you're just skipping over it.

As far as advertising, if there is any, I haven't seen it.

Either way, I agree with this article, the game is one of the best out of the 16 games I own (including popular favs like RE 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Metroid, and others). It's only $40, too. I think the game will appeal more to people in my age group (25) who grew up playing King's Quest, Torrin's Passage, and other classic point-and-clicks, but it definitely gets a recommendation from me for any age group.
    You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm droppin Hamiltons.

GH3: 1676-1888-7277

The Sound of Silence AceAlabama's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6967-1017-4807-2201
    I <3 Zack and Wiki.

'Nuff said...

Just look at my sig!!

It shows I love the game.

Alot.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

52 Members and still alive!

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll

Member #
    Friends
    the nintendo console curse begins again...

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Im looking forward to this game as well. If I wouldnt already be buying medal of honor and BWii I would definatly buy this game!

Im trying to rent it close to release date to do a review about it and try to inspire some dutch people in buyin it!

I will get this game someday! Maybe in march or april when I got some cash and played trough medal of honor and BWii
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberzomby
    Im looking forward to this game as well. If I wouldnt already be buying medal of honor and BWii I would definatly buy this game!

Im trying to rent it close to release date to do a review about it and try to inspire some dutch people in buyin it!

I will get this game someday! Maybe in march or april when I got some cash and played trough medal of honor and BWii
    uhhh its already out, this just proves how even wii fans on forums are blinded by nintendo's games.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    uhhh its already out, this just proves how even wii fans on forums are blinded by nintendo's games.
    Not in Europe, we're a good few months behind america and japan release wise. PAL is FTL.

Member #
    Friends
    1699-7356-0266-3132
    Are you serious?! I was totally going to buy this game when I make myself some free time..
    GH3 Friend Code : 133259736307
    username: SOOHYUN
    Please add me, and then pm me so that I can add you also.
    I only play pro face off in expert.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Its a shame to hear this news.
    Game can still be found at some places around me, advertising or the lack of it killed this game. I was hoping for a sequel of some sort.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blume9370
    Zack & Wiki Sinks Without Trace At Retail
    Damien McFerran.

Shame on you all!

Zack & Wiki, otherwise known as Capcom’s ode to the classic ‘point and click’ adventures of old, is a fantastic game. It’s heartening to see a developer like Capcom putting so much effort into brand new intellectual property and it’s even more encouraging when the end product is so wonderfully polished and enjoyable.

But there’s one slight problem: no one bought it.

After scraping into the Japanese sales charts at a mediocre 29th, the thoroughly likeable game met a similar fate in the States, barely registering on the radar of many Wii owners. The Euro release takes place on 18th January but we're not expecting it to topple the likes of Assassin's Creed and Need for Speed: Prostreet, to be perfectly honest.

We simply cannot fathom why this is the case here at NintendoLife Towers; this is a triple A title worthy of anyone’s time and money, yet it vanishes almost without trace at retail. What is wrong with the general public? (And by ‘general public’, we naturally mean you.)

It’s hard to complain about a lack of innovation when titles of this quality fail to entice people to part with their cold, hard cash. We only hope that this won’t put Capcom off experimenting with new franchises in the future.

i saw no advertising for this game at all and come to think of it i have not even seen it at walmart which is where i get most of my games. how are people going to buy something they no nothing about?
    I saw that last night and was gonna post it, you did instead, thanks.

What bothers me about this is that people complain about the lack of quality and origilal games on the wii, but when one is actualy made for it, it dosen't sell well! The same goes for uneque games for other systems like Okami, Ico and psychonoughts.

I notice a nasty pattem in game making: The choices in the kinds of games that are made are very limited in scope, ie FPS, there are all kinds of them, but they are basicly the same at their roots. Same goes for sports games and racing games. If we want originality than we have to make that desire known with our wallets.

I'm a Nintendo wii fan and Im not "blinded" by Nintendo games. I buy what I like and what I consider a good game. Zakk and Wiki is a good and original game and I am very disappointed that it didn't sell well.

the nintendo console curse begins again...
    There wouldn't BE a so called "Nintendo console curse" if third parties actualy put in the effort to make decent games for the Nintendo consoles!

Take the N64 and the Gamecube, both did horribly and third parties either didn't support them or made shovelware for them.

And it's even WORSE for the wii!

Can you really blame Nintendo fans for pefering Ninendo games over third parties?
    Last edited by romj; 01-06-2008 at 09:29 PM.

Ads