Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979

Wii Fit to be released on May 20th?

We're unclear as to what exactly constitutes the Japanese equivalent of a North American Wii-happy, pilates obsessed, nongame loving 'alpha mom' -- but whoever they may be they're snatching up Wii Fit like it was going out of style.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, reports out of Japan indicate that Nintendo's latest gamble into the casual crowd is paying off like a busted slot machine. Even though the program has only been on store shelves officially for just over 1 month now, Nintendo's fitness application has already broken the 1 million sales marker.

Japan's Nikkei business news brought word of Wii Fit's outstanding debut in their nightly news feed. The title, which launched in Japan December 1, aims to improve a user's BMI and overall fitness level through the use of a special balance board peripheral and a calculated exercise regimen which tracks gradual improvement over time in the style of Nintendo's uber-popular Brain Age series.

Wii Fit is expected to be one of the year's biggest sellers both in Japan and abroad. North Americans can expect to see the game on May 20th... by which time presumably they'll have that 'plus-sized' Western balance board properly stress tested and ready for use.

Can't wait for those inevitable Wii Fit special interest pieces on the morning talk show circuit. At the very least it should at least provide some counterarguments to McDonald's latest claim that it's actually the video games (as opposed to, say, McGriddles) responsible for making us all fat.
    Source:
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165333

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    figures that americans need a bigger board.

just pray they don't go titanium.

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Member #
    Friends
    This was posted before, but not in an article...I'll wait until Nintendo announces a date before I get excited!

Member #
    Friends
    3252-3381-2806-0043
    I'll definitely buy this.
    Last edited by JackiexMarie; 01-09-2008 at 07:50 PM.
    Add me if you own Guitar Hero III!
    [Although, I must confess, I am disturbingly terrible at it.]
    Friend Code: 262114383822

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by AoWFraggit
    figures that americans need a bigger board.

just pray they don't go titanium.
    Please don't use sterotypes. Obesity may be growing in America, but there are tons of Americans that are average weight. Unless you are American, which I don't know, then shut up about it.

I mean it in a nice way....
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Member #
    Friends
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    I saw the 1up release date but refused to believe it. I need an exercise machine for the winter not summer!

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    Quote Originally Posted by manufan15
    Please don't use sterotypes. Obesity may be growing in America, but there are tons of Americans that are average weight. Unless you are American, which I don't know, then shut up about it.

I mean it in a nice way....

thats true however if they brought both versions to america it would be insulting on a personal level if you were buying the "fat" version. however if the create a "fat" version and send it here it will be insulting but not on a personal level, so no one person could get mad at them. that's my thought about it.
    Same goes for cars actually, i used to work at a performance shop, imported a set of stock Subaru STi seats for a car, they were noticably narrower than the American version, nothing else was different about them actually, the looked the same, got installed the same, but the american ones were wider than the japanese set. kind of funny actually, at least to me, and i'm not a skinny guy.

kyle

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Member #
    Friends
    I saw a video of someone on youtube who imported a wii fit game and board. it said the board can be used by people 299 lbs. or lower. I think that would be fine with anyone who is actually going to want to play a fitness game.
    True Eminence Car Club

Sam Houston State University

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    Quote Originally Posted by K LoLo
    I saw a video of someone on youtube who imported a wii fit game and board. it said the board can be used by people 299 lbs. or lower. I think that would be fine with anyone who is actually going to want to play a fitness game.

i'm not close to that weight but maybe a heavier duty one will be nice anyway if they use it for more games that stress the board more(think like a snowboarding game or tony hawk or something) then even if you only weigh 200 lbs, you may end up putting over 300 lbs of pressure on the board.
    that is of course if they utilize the board for future games like that though.

kyle

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by smyth
    thats true however if they brought both versions to america it would be insulting on a personal level if you were buying the "fat" version. however if the create a "fat" version and send it here it will be insulting but not on a personal level, so no one person could get mad at them. that's my thought about it.
    Same goes for cars actually, i used to work at a performance shop, imported a set of stock Subaru STi seats for a car, they were noticably narrower than the American version, nothing else was different about them actually, the looked the same, got installed the same, but the american ones were wider than the japanese set. kind of funny actually, at least to me, and i'm not a skinny guy.

kyle
    You do have a point, that would be degrating to your pride...
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Ads