LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed threads and own started threads deleted by Syntax
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4237-4091-4421-2313

How SEGA SHOULD have made Sonic the Hedgehog!

SEGA just ain't been doing as good as i expected since the wii came out, i think Sonic should have been the same style as Mario Galaxy, the 3d run around idea, is a really good one and worked very well with Mario, sonic could have done the same thing with his rings and bosses too, right?

What do you think?

Thx for reading, forgive any ignorance/offense none intended!
    ----------Banned by Syntax----------

Member #
    Friends
    2826-3679-3570-3759
    Yeah i agree. SEGA should give that a shot and see if it sells, i know i would by it if it was good.
    Pure Aussie

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    I disagree, Sonic has always emphasized speed. The 3d platforming of galaxy would be out of place. they need to go back to 2D side scrolling.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed threads and own started threads deleted by Syntax
    Friends
    4237-4091-4421-2313
    Good point samXcor3, i mean, mario made a good move from 2d to 3d, is the only thing holding sonic back REALLY just speed?
    ----------Banned by Syntax----------

Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    The 3d world wouldn't hold back sonic. Sega may just need to put a little more emphasis on level design. Both games have the same idea, go from the start of the level to the end, seems pretty linear to me. Nintendo did something amazing when they didn't change the very linear start-finish jump on goomba's experience. I could very much see sonic in a Mario 64 world design, where many of the levels were contrained by high walls.

I could just imagine some of the level designs, fighting bosses inside a sphere. I just don't know how Sega would do the camera in game like that, as been mentioned speed is a big thing with Sonic and a slow arial camera could be annoying.

Still its a shame Sega never tried to take Sonic back to his roots, as Nintendo has proved that a Mario platformer can still sell.
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    I wish everyone would read the damn manual instead of posting a post about a dumbass question like the one asked in this thread.

SSBB 0688-4932-4039 BAM- bamblakopz's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5768-6741-0422-9558
    2D SIDESCROLLER WITH AWESOME GRAPHICS! WHY NOT! Sonic DS has been selling well... both of them! WHy not on the wii to... I really want a 2d sidescroller for the wii... Mario or Sonic

VideoGameCountdown (Youtube)

!QUOTE OF THE DAY!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    They did attempt something vaguely like Galaxy, called Sonic X-treme (worst name ever?) for the Saturn. It had some pretty weird level design and an odd fish-eye lens point of view. However, the project fell apart and the game was never completed (although some of the game got recycled into Nights).

Anyway, I agree with most of the posters so far, Sonic should have stuck to 2D. The emphasis on speed doesn't translate well into 3D, and it always ends up with jerky control and gameplay.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Ads