LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5701-4561-7633-7008

Dissapointing news

Team 17 took out online support and downloadable content out of worms: a space oddity

http://wii.ign.com/articles/845/845431p1.html
    et's start with the bad news. In our initial interviews with Team17, the developer promised that the Wii exclusive Worms: A Space Oddity would feature a fully hashed-out online component and future downloadable content through WiiConnect24. Well, we've just finished our first hands-on demo with the title and we can state that none of these promised features made it into the end product -- a truth that is beyond disappointing, especially since the Worms franchise is ideally suited for both.
    wow i was really looking forward to this game, and i don't mean to be an online whore, but without online i don't think i'm going to get this game...

i already own three worms games, and i'm a big fan of the series, but i think i'll just stick to the ones i already own..

supposably it's a great game otherwise, so if it's cheap, I might reconsider

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    im not getting this game now. damn it!!!!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    That's ridiculous! I understand scrapping DLC, but why online!? I'd boycott this game to be quite honest...

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    Thats Nuckin Futs!
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    it says hands on demo. does that really mean final copy??
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    Well that game is gonna suck, atleast for hardcore players. The game was fun as hell because of multiplayer. Oh well, I guess you can still play offline multiplayer? I wasn't gonna get it though anyway. I rather play Worms Armageddon on PC.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    4855-3513-2198-8739
    Not gettin it now.... Unles its like 5 or 10 euro's and I havent got any games to play.

Online is just a waste! Thats THE feature I was waiting for. Downloabable content would be very cool to have as well!

Maybe they will put it in there final version?
    Tip of the day:
    A big mistake a lot of you make is that wiiware games will be free.

Wiiware is just the same like the virtual console. Its different in that it offers new games instead of old console games.

I can think of some easy games ( Like tetris and some other in that direction ) that can be free but the majority will cost money.

Member #
    Friends
    If Nintendo would actually get serious about online, maybe the companies making the games with online capabilities would be more inclined to push harder for it, instead of it being one of the first things scrapped because of time constraints (I can almost guarantee you that's what it was). Not that it really matters though, most Nintendo fans don't care about online either way if what I read on message boards is any indicator (and it is ) We'd much rather play offline multiplayer with friends in the same room, right guys?! RIGHT?!

I'm sure when they [Team 17] said those things, they were under the impression that Nintendo would have - at the least - some news on how/if they'll implement downloadable content.

P.S. Can you tell I'm getting some sort of perverted enjoyment out of this? tehe...

Ads