LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    I agree with this, to a certain degree. I enjoy the mario spin-offs and what -not, but it seems like the Wii is being flooded with them. I say, keep the Mario games coming, but maybe once a year, make an original Mario game. Super Smash Bros was a breath of fresh air, even if mario only made a cameo appearance.

Seeing more original games would be awesome, Nintendo has the man power and the wits to pull am awesome original game off. I say, take a leaf outta Sega's book, From Virtua Fighter to Sonic. Nintendo should stop making as many buddy games, and cater for the mature side of the Wii owner. Make a Virtua Fighter, Halo or DMC type game... GO FOR IT!
    Would like a sig to enter here.
    I have two personalities: Personality 1/Social/school= Metro/Skate/surf brand clothes and jokes. Personality 2/Wiichat=... Grammer and long words.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Mario is great, but the quality of games such as Mario Party could use a little more attention. I'd love to see another Punch Out like the original NES one. Wii Sports was ok, but it got dull. If we could use it in combination with the wiifit board, and have Mario as a referee again, I think that would be a great game. Kind of like Smash Bros, where we have all the characters to choose from, but in a boxing tournament.

"I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me and be broken!"

Member #
    Friends
    1924-2316-9778-0248
    Super Smash Bros. series is not a Mario spin-off! What is this guy thinking?

The Mario RPGs aren't really spin-offs either, I don't know why he has a problem with them. I love the Paper Mario series (at least the first two.), but yeah, Mario Party really just needs to go away. It's been overdone now. It's been overdone for years, in fact.

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    NO WAY!!!!

i agree put more quality into mario party(even if it means less of them) but i need my mario fix

they sell well cause that's what fans want

so why not make more

hell i look at it this way, they ONLY release one main mario game with every console(super mario world, super mario 64, sunshine, galaxy)

i want more lol

you're exactly right

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by bilzar
    FRuMMaGe...TO THE WALUIGI MOBILE!!!!

*runs over mushroomedmario with Waluigi Mobile*
    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-
    Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Mario = Cameo-whore

Member #
    Friends
    "But with the groundbreaking creative possibilities of Nintendo Wii and the Nintendo DS, how about just one Mario appearance per year and more energy spent on new characters?"

If you look at the games where Mario appears most often, character development isn't exactly a primary concern. What sort of character development can you really have in sports games, party games, and racing games? Does it really matter if your soccer team has Mario on it or some other new character? Not so much. It doesn't really help or hurt that Mario is in those titles. I thought maybe the Miis would become more prominent in Nintendo's future sports titles but so far that doesn't look like it will be the case.

At any rate, in the games where the character actually matters, Mario only appears about once per year. 2007 was a bit of an exception with Galaxy, Paper Mario, and New SMB all coming out in the same year but it had been a while since Sunshine and 1000 Year Door.

Member #
    Friends
    i want another donkey kong game like donkey kong 64

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Ads