Zelda, not an rpg but one of the greatest games ever

VideoGameCountdown (Youtube)

!QUOTE OF THE DAY!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    twilight princess is a must buy for ANY wii owner.

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Member #
    Friends
    Zelda TP is a must have game, although it's probably more of an adventure than rpg.

There are a few rpgs on the way such as Baroque from Atlus and the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles games from Square. Also it was recently announced that Gas Powered Games are working on a Wii title and the best fit from their existing Pc games would be the Dungeon Siege series, nothing confirmed yet though.

For a Pc mmorpg i would recommend Guild Wars, it doesn't need a really high spec Pc to play and there's no subscription fees.

Member #
    Friends
    Final Fantasy I-VI were truly rpg's. They included special items, different classes ((V anyone???)), and in some instances even different races.

VII was great too, but started to fall into the action genre. And VIII and beyond have all been action ((although I would call it trash, imo))

Chrono Trigger was another excellent one which contained many endings which was insane concerning replay value. Even when they re-released it for the ps2, they added ANOTHER ending.

The xbox/360 has some great rpg's, but I wouldn't waste money on the console if you have a decent pc.

But for the wii.....rpg's haven't really made their mark, yet. I'm sure something good will come out, but nothing like WoW. Right now I'm playing Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I wouldn't recommend it though....

"I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me and be broken!"

Member #
    Friends
    Honestly?

There's nothing out now on the Wii that's close to WoW, and I don't see anything coming out on the Wii that resembles WoW. There will be some RPG's out, but WoW is a massive game with a AAA development studio behind it. It's going to be really hard to produce something of that quality, especially without a monthly fee attached. The only game I can suggest that is RPGish and Blizzard-like would be Alien Syndrome. It's basically like Diablo (top down, 3rd person - but it's full 3D so you can rotate the camera), but with guns. I'd watch some videos or rent it first, because it's one of those games you either hate or love. My buddies and I played it for a couple months straight everyday, doing the random loot gathering thing that Diablo is/was famous for.

P.S. I actually resubbed to WoW a couple days ago, because of the lack of RPGs (with depth) on the Wii.

Ads